Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuxMat Floor Liners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you concerned at all about that middle/back edge "flopping" back over time since it will not be clipped?

Looked again and no. The back that goes up to the seats is very stiff so I don't see anyway it would flop over. That being said based on your concern I did take a clip slid it over the top edge of the mat and bent it to fit under the seat.
Not sure how well it would prevent possible "flopping" but am sure I could take care of any potential problem since you can lift the seat up. Hope this helps.
Will be interesting to see what Weathertech eventually delivers but these will definitely keep the rugs in better condition then Weathertechs. However looks make a difference and some will prefer the Weathertechs and some TuxMat.
I'd really like to hear from TuxMat Model S/X owners. And I have no relationship with TuxMat and never heard of them until someone posted about them on the forum.

How secure are the clips on the driver floor mat?

The clips holding the top at the driver's mat barely do anything. Not designed to got there, but it works. Mine ended up looking like this.
20180727_150904.jpg
20180727_150833.jpg

Edit: add the commentary below photo. Better than another post.
See right where the curve begins and the console begins. That is the only area that the clips will work on that side of the mat. Maybe some stitched in Velcro might be better than the clip idea.

I am a little over the top on mat fitment. So just factor that into your thoughts everyone. I say if it is supposed to fit. I kind of want it to. Getting stuff behind the mat annoys me.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: peebrayne
Installed mine the other day. The driver's side on mine also doesn't want to stay quite flush with the center console area, but fortunately it's not sticking out very much and I never hit it with my leg or otherwise notice. Unless you're actually looking at it, you wouldn't notice (at least on mine). That said I hope they come up with a solution to pin it in place with a different clip that can be used on the center console (as their standard clips don't work there).

Just found this thread, here's mine installed

And to address the concerns of it flopping away from the centre console, you just have to bend it towards the console when you install it and that's really a non-issue. I didn't steam or do any other shenanigans, just a little elbow grease.

Last edited:
Reactions: aronth5
I just noticed they finally have these in stock on Amazon: TUXMAT.

Good so they finally are there now. I had called Tuxmat before I bought it less than a month back and they could not tell me when they would sell it at other sites. This should make it a little easier for US customers. The price from Canada was for me marginally less than this amazon price after accounting for CAD to USD and shipping fees but my card had no foreign transaction fee (so take that into account if yours does). This makes it easier.

Here is my code (first come, first served!) and my review...

Ok, this was a “new to me” vehicle and I wanted to protect it. I went to the dealership and their mats were about $250, with inadequate floor coverage. I compared WeatherTech and Tuxmat, then made my decision. This was a great move! These mats are precision fit and look amazing. Even my kids think they look great! I’m truly satisfied with my purchase.

I love my TuxMats! They fit perfectly, provide great coverage, are easy to clean, and I think they look great.
I've compared them side by side with the Maxpiders and I prefer the aesthetic of the Tux's, but it really is a matter of personal preference.

One thing I think could be improved on the TuxMats is the need for the retaining clips. I chose to install two snaps in each of the front matts to secure them to the center console. Then I just use one clip along the door sill trim to keep the mat in place.

Cheers,
-Mark
tesla_tuxmat1.jpg

tesla_tuxmat2.jpg