Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two little stories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My kids 11 and 13 are absolutely Tesla obsessed. Especially the 13 year old, there is not one thing he doesn’t know about them, except how to actually drive them. Needed fog lights today (yes a summer holiday in Cornwall would you believe), had never used them before and he had turned them on before I even realised I didn’t know how to. Every software update is also like a Christmas present to him....all are exciting to open, some are disappointing but every now and again you get a knock out present!

Bit of a pointless post but if you're interested in some lighthearted anecdotes, read on!

On at least 2 occasions when I've been driving, minding my own business when I've passed people as you do, I've seen younger kids spot the M3 and shout 'Tesla!' or 'There's a Tesla!'. Made me smile!

The youth of today know where it's at!

That made me wonder, has anyone else had similar?

On the M56 yesterday evening in the queue to the roadworks. In Autopilot (not FSD) a landcruiser passed with two young girls 12/15 ish hanging out of the window shouting “ Dad it’s a Tesla”. Made me smile.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
I came out of our local Super-U a couple of weeks ago and there was an older guy, mid 70's I guess, walking round my car. As I approached, he said, 'Beautiful, magnificent, it's my dream!' I was happy to agree with him. He then went on, 'To think I could sit behind the wheel, press a button and it will drive me home..formidable!' Just like in the training film, Freeze frame and what do you do next? A. Explain politely and crush his simple dream or B. Agree enthusiastically. Of course, like everyone else, I chose B.

My kids 11 and 13 are absolutely Tesla obsessed. Especially the 13 year old, there is not one thing he doesn’t know about them, except how to actually drive them. Needed fog lights today (yes a summer holiday in Cornwall would you believe), had never used them before and he had turned them on before I even realised I didn’t know how to. Every software update is also like a Christmas present to him....all are exciting to open, some are disappointing but every now and again you get a knock out present!

Dude is clued up! Obi Wan has taught you well!

I was stuck in traffic in Hendon yesterday because the police had closed the A1. All of the back streets were clogged up and we were getting pretty stressed going nowhere. A guy turning into a road in front of me gave me a big smile, pointed and put his thumbs up. I was wondering where I knew him from and then I realised he was admiring the M3

I was stuck in traffic in Hendon yesterday because the police had closed the A1. All of the back streets were clogged up and we were getting pretty stressed going nowhere. A guy turning into a road in front of me gave me a big smile, pointed and put his thumbs up. I was wondering where I knew him from and then I realised he was admiring the M3
If any of you were in Addlestone or Sunbury last Sunday that "thumbs up" person was me. Sorry I got over excited when I saw them and expressed my enthusiasm.

Kids definitely like Teslas. Took my 11 year old son to football training in it last week. In the car park one of his team mates was walking past and when he saw my son get out the car called across “Wait what! You’ve got a Tesla?! Dad, they’ve got a Tesla!”. The dad came back for a look at it while the boys were training. Quite a few of his teammates wanted a good look around after the match. I was parked next to a very beautiful Audi R8 convertible and none of the boys showed it the slightest bit of interest.
Also the other week I had just finished cleaning the M3 and it was on the drive shining in the sun. I was out of sight behind the hedge when I heard some people walk by. Overheard a kid aged maybe 4 said “Look mummy, that’s a nice car isn’t it mummy”. She replied in a rather bored tone “Yes dear, that’s a nice car. That’s also an expensive car”. The child replied “Can we get one like that mummy”. I didn’t hear the reply! It did make think that people still perceive Teslas as being something very special and expensive. It won’t last!

Tesla still has the wow factor, especially with kids. It’s funny. Quite often get pointed at by kids forcing their parents to take a look.

I’ve also noticed that even though more and more EVs appear on the road from other manufacturers, none of them seem to get the same attention. There is something about Tesla, probably because it’s the first to market, pioneer for EVs, perhaps just because they look cool, perhaps because everyone is intrigued by the space travel tech billionaire that is Musk. Who knows, but it always raises a wee smile when you drive along and see the heads turning. It’s nice to be a pioneer for something good.

We live in a dead end street. As we were heading out for a walk one day, at the end of the street two kids on skateboards headed past us and one said to the other, "The Tesla is up here on the left..." I whipped out the phone to enable Sentry!

After I'd had the car about a week, I pulled into the yard of a local DIY shop and a guy pulled up next to me and said he'd been following me around until I stopped because he'd wanted to see an M3 for ages. This was back before covid so I let him have a twiddle.

Still turns heads...

Yesterday, I passed a group of lads and one of them mouthed 'Tesla' excitedly, and then the others were kind of throwing their arms around like, 'Yeeeaah!!' I laughed and nodded.

Probably the funniest reaction I've had yet!

I have youngsters on my street shouting "Tesla, Tesla" really loudly when they walk past my car. I never had such attention with my I-PACE. A few admirers, but never such enthusiasm. :D