Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two things removed in V11 with the more recent update (upcoming songs, and Homelink on main screen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
I was curious if anyone else noticed these two "features" missing on the latest version of V11 software (this was in V11 when it first came out, but appears to have been removed now). I'm now on 2022.4.5.

1) Spotify used to have "Upcoming Songs" when on the half screen view. This looks like it's gone now. Maybe it was problematic? Did I do something is make it go away?

2) When "near" a homelink location, I used to see the green homelink icon (the green house) at the very top of the screen. It was just a shortcut to bring up the homelink icon in the drivers menu, but I sorely miss this shortcut now (It was on V11 when first released). The issue is if I stop to let a passenger in the seatbelt warning covers up the homelink button and there is no way to trigger it (without digging three clicks into the menu system). Did anyone else notice this change?

I was curious if anyone else noticed these two "features" missing on the latest version of V11 software (this was in V11 when it first came out, but appears to have been removed now). I'm now on 2022.4.5.

1) Spotify used to have "Upcoming Songs" when on the half screen view. This looks like it's gone now. Maybe it was problematic? Did I do something is make it go away?

2) When "near" a homelink location, I used to see the green homelink icon (the green house) at the very top of the screen. It was just a shortcut to bring up the homelink icon in the drivers menu, but I sorely miss this shortcut now (It was on V11 when first released). The issue is if I stop to let a passenger in the seatbelt warning covers up the homelink button and there is no way to trigger it (without digging three clicks into the menu system). Did anyone else notice this change?
I don't use Spotify so I don't know the exact situation, but "Upcoming Songs" is still available in Tidal in my car with 2022.4.5.

Regarding the seatbelt warning covering the homelink buttons, you can dismiss the seatbelt warning by swiping it down so the homelink buttons are uncovered. For me this was the case since I first got V11.

Reactions: OCJeff
Yeah, the seatbelt thing is a mess now. When you have the seats folded down you get a warning that the backseat passengers are buckled up. As before, you can simply hit the offending seat and tell the car it's a child seat to get rid of the warning. The problem NOW is when you want to "remove" the child seat.

You USED to be able to swipe among the cards to find the seatbelt card and uncheck the child seat.

NOW, the only way to bring up the seatbelt card is to put your car in drive and either have a front seat passenger unbuckle themselves, or unbuckle yourself until the car gives you a warning about the unbuckled person, THEN AND ONLY THEN will you see the seatbelt card and can deselect the childseat.

I don't use Spotify so I don't know the exact situation, but "Upcoming Songs" is still available in Tidal in my car with 2022.4.5.

Regarding the seatbelt warning covering the homelink buttons, you can dismiss the seatbelt warning by swiping it down so the homelink buttons are uncovered. For me this was the case since I first got V11.
True, but as I discovered the hard way, as I swiped down the seat belt warning my finger must have caught just enough of the HomeLink button and the garage door came down on my rear hatch causing about $100 in paint damage. It’s a goofy design.

Also, not to pile on the already many many threads about how V11 was a downgrade, I really miss the simple access to the seat heaters. Two clicks and eye concentration elsewhere for something you need to access while driving just seems hazardous.

Reactions: RNHurt
True, but as I discovered the hard way, as I swiped down the seat belt warning my finger must have caught just enough of the HomeLink button and the garage door came down on my rear hatch causing about $100 in paint damage. It’s a goofy design.
You know, I think I learned about swiping down to dismiss the seatbelt warning from your post. Sorry it happened to you.

The couple of times I dismissed the seatbelt warning while in proximity of my garage door, I made sure the garage door wasn’t moving as I entered the garage. LOL!

Also, not to pile on the already many many threads about how V11 was a downgrade, I really miss the simple access to the seat heaters. Two clicks and eye concentration elsewhere for something you need to access while driving just seems hazardous.
I do agree burying the seat heaters isn’t a good thing, but since I tried out the auto mode for the seat heaters, I haven’t felt the need to adjust the heated seat so far this winter.

I do agree burying the seat heaters isn’t a good thing, but since I tried out the auto mode for the seat heaters, I haven’t felt the need to adjust the heated seat so far this winter.
I agree with you generally, however I like to turn on the passenger seat heater when I'm pickup up food. The "auto" setting doesn't work too well for that. :(