Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent troubles after 2023.2.10 update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues I'm seeing. I have reset the car and problems still persist:

1. After leaving the car for an extended period of time (either overnight, or even just after shopping for an hour), when I walk up to the passenger side to unlock the car, it would not unlock, the screen would not turn on, but the car would sound like it is waking up. If I then walk to the driver side to unlock, the car tells me to use my key card to unlock. The "Driver Door Unlock Mode" is turned off. This started last Friday for the first time after overnight rest. The update to 2023.2.10 was done several weeks ago when it was first released.

2. After doing a two-button reset this morning, issue #1 still persists, and now the car won't lock when I walk away, even though that setting is confirmed turned on.

3. This issue has been happening for about a month, but whenever I walk up to my car and go straight to open the trunk manually, nothing happens. I would have to first unlock the driver side or passenger side door before I can manually open the trunk. I can open my trunk via the phone APP without unlocking the car first.

Wondering if anyone else started experiencing this? My coworker who has Model 3 also started experiencing issue #1 around the same time I did, and he is not on the latest update for the Model 3.

Thanks!

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Hey I have 2018 Model 3 and after the 2023.2.10 update, I got a 12V battery replacement warning (which is fine). But because of this it says the software won't fully update and I've noticed my Enhanced autopilot isn't there anymore, my profiles are gone, and my homelink doesnt work either?? Any idea if this is purely a software bug with 2023.2.10 or is it because my car hasn't restarted due to the battery issue.

So far I can still enter my car with my phone. Anyone else having similar issues?

Same here. Scheduled update to 2023.2.10 on our 2018 Model 3 LR.
This morning we found all our profiles and settings wiped out. Car time was messed up. Car name and mileage not showing up. Navigation got messed up and throwing errors. I tried to restart which did not make any difference. Had to manually re-add drivers and reconnect phones associated with this car. Also, had to reconfigure Homelink.
At this point I’m still not confident that something else is not broken. Super disappointing…

Hey I have 2018 Model 3 and after the 2023.2.10 update, I got a 12V battery replacement warning (which is fine). But because of this it says the software won't fully update and I've noticed my Enhanced autopilot isn't there anymore, my profiles are gone, and my homelink doesnt work either?? Any idea if this is purely a software bug with 2023.2.10 or is it because my car hasn't restarted due to the battery issue.

So far I can still enter my car with my phone. Anyone else having similar issues?
Except for the 12V batter replacement (I already replaced the battery about 6 months ago) I'm seeing the same problems you report but I also lost my wifi login and my favorite locations. Annoying!

I lost my Netflix login, all 4 driver profiles, all saved locations, all saved radio stations, access to streaming music it prompts me to login to Slacker Radio. The car also lost the name I had assigned to it and it forgot the location of Home. I did a two button reset which did not solve the problem. I then rebuilt my driver profile from scratch and made a service appointment to see if they can get me signed in to the streaming music.

I have an issue with the steering since the update. For some reason when attempting to drive in a straight line, the steering cannot sit in the centre. It seems to be either click slightly left or slightly right. Anyone else have this issue?

Recently updated to 2023.2.10. On Friday took wife's 2018 M3 to go out for dinner and her sound on radio and streaming had stopped working. On route to restaurant, I did a soft reboot and it fixed the sound issue. Had a nice dinner and headed home. Pulled up to garage and nothing. Went to manually trigger Homelink and realized that all Homelink settings were gone as well as profiles, car settings such as blue tooth, autopilot and NOA, favorites, NAV data and Homelink settings all gone.

Thankfully, phones still worked as keys.

Minor annoyance, except for Homelink. Been over 3yrs since we used the garage remotes, after a bit of search to find them had to go get new batteries in order to reprogram Homelink.

First world problems.

As I said in an earlier post after 2023.2.10 we lost all our settings, profiles, passwords, etc. I was able to reenter all the information and get everything back to the way it was with the one exception of the streaming music. I have been told by Tesla that the Slacker Radio (that I never even knew was called Slacker Radio, I always referred to it as streaming music) was just a free trial and that it was not supposed to have been working for the past two years. So they told me to signup for a paid Slacker Radio account if I want to use it.

As I said in an earlier post after 2023.2.10 we lost all our settings, profiles, passwords, etc. I was able to reenter all the information and get everything back to the way it was with the one exception of the streaming music. I have been told by Tesla that the Slacker Radio (that I never even knew was called Slacker Radio, I always referred to it as streaming music) was just a free trial and that it was not supposed to have been working for the past two years. So they told me to signup for a paid Slacker Radio account if I want to use it.
The info on Slacker sounds susipious to me. Others have been able to use Tesla’s free Slacker account. My Model Y would default to the sign in screen, but selecting streaming options from the top menu brought up the free channels. I don’t remember the exact process. One thing you can try is the voice commands to “Play XXXX.” That should add an “XXXX” channel to your streaming menu.

Good Luck,

GSP

Hello all,

Wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues I'm seeing. I have reset the car and problems still persist:

1. After leaving the car for an extended period of time (either overnight, or even just after shopping for an hour), when I walk up to the passenger side to unlock the car, it would not unlock, the screen would not turn on, but the car would sound like it is waking up. If I then walk to the driver side to unlock, the car tells me to use my key card to unlock. The "Driver Door Unlock Mode" is turned off. This started last Friday for the first time after overnight rest. The update to 2023.2.10 was done several weeks ago when it was first released.

2. After doing a two-button reset this morning, issue #1 still persists, and now the car won't lock when I walk away, even though that setting is confirmed turned on.

3. This issue has been happening for about a month, but whenever I walk up to my car and go straight to open the trunk manually, nothing happens. I would have to first unlock the driver side or passenger side door before I can manually open the trunk. I can open my trunk via the phone APP without unlocking the car first.

Wondering if anyone else started experiencing this? My coworker who has Model 3 also started experiencing issue #1 around the same time I did, and he is not on the latest update for the Model 3.

Thanks!
Same

Not sure if it’ll work for you, but I happened on the solution on accident one day. I restarted my iPhone and was near my car and reconnected my phone to my car via Bluetooth, and my old driver profile came back, and everything has worked like it should ever since. I realized I’ve been driving under a profile that was connected to my key card, so while the Tesla App remained connected to my car, my phone was not. Give this a try and see if it works. Other than not being able to open the trunk unless I unlock my car first (starting to think this is by design), everything else is working.

I lost the personalized shortcut icons on the bottom of the screen (wipers, demist, heated seats etc) with the 2023.2.22 update - hadn’t noticed anything else though, but don’t use personal media accounts. Reset didn’t help, so recreated the shortcuts.