Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two tone Burgundy/Black Autoflex paint on Model3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well done! Reminds me of the signature red for Model S and X, but it’s even better. If the depth IRL is anything like it looks in photos, you’ve got one of the prettiest yet.

When I took it to the Tesla service center, they said the same thing that it looks close to the Signature red but better. The depth IRL is actually better than in pictures, especially in sunlight the color just pops. However the color looks darker in person compared to the pictures.

Reactions: Drax
Yes, very very close to the Signature Red color of MS/MX. Great job!

I'm a big Autoflex fan. had it done on both Model Ss I've owned. $2500 is about average price.

P85+ (now sold): Dipped my car: Autoflex Matte + ZTA Hypershift + Blueberry Juice
P85D: (dropped the hypershift) Dipped again! This time Deep Sea Blue + Blueberry Juice in Autoflex Satin

Your autoflex pictures looks great with the matte and satin finish. Autoflex is certainly a cool invention.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I wish tesla would bring out a burgundy colour for the three...before we order ours next year. :)

I hope so too. There is a good chance I might buy Model Y next year but will only buy a solid black and get it autoflexed. Even if they release a burgundy finish I will not go for it :), because for almost the same price (or a little extra) I can not only get the color choice I want via Autoflex but also have full paint protection (which otherwise would cost $2k - $3k). It is so easy to maintain autoflex paint (also have it on my X5) and cleaning them is a breeze, even compared to OEM paint. And the best part is if you decide to sell the car in future, just peel off the paint and your OEM paint will be maintained fresh as new.

BMW-TeslaModel3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic. I can see that paint scheme would also look great in white or silver. The black top makes the car look larger, IMO. Too bad there isn't an autoflex dealer here in Utah.

Yes with autoflex pearls, candies and concentrated juices you have more than 40,000 color combinations. I would be quite surprised if you cannot find a single dealer in the entire state. Did a quick search and found these guys, about an hour from you (no idea how good or bad they are) Plasti Dip Utah - Get Your Car Plasti Dipped today or do it yourself!. You can contact most plastidip dealers, but not all will be able to do a good autoflex job though.

Reactions: justaute
Don't forget you can do gloss, satin or full matte finishes, too!

I'm so happy with my satin silver Autoflex (matte) BUT... had I seen these photos before I did my 3, I would have definitely chosen this. It's drop dead gorgeous! And yes, so close to the Signature Red which is the only red I would have been interested in, had it been available.

Great job!

I'm so happy with my satin silver Autoflex (matte) BUT... had I seen these photos before I did my 3, I would have definitely chosen this. It's drop dead gorgeous! And yes, so close to the Signature Red which is the only red I would have been interested in, had it been available.

Great job!

Glad you like the finish and outcome. Yes, it does look very close to the signature Red paint, especially in sunlight.

Just got the P3D painted with Burgundy candy autoflex and chrome delete too. The car is straight out of the autoflex job, have not yet done cut and buff nor waxed, will take care of these in the next few weeks. Also the logos are not yet placed back.

This is a great alternate to PPF, not only does it protect the OEM paint but the autoflex coat is also resilient to rock chips and weather conditions. Plus maintenance is a breeze; dirt and debris will easily come off.

View attachment 363884

View attachment 363885

View attachment 363886

View attachment 363887

View attachment 363888

Did you get this done in LA somewhere? I'm in the Los Angeles area and am interested in AutoFlex.