Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two types of heated front seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at a Tesla Service Center the other day and was looking in the windows of a new Model S 70D that just arrived. The front driver's Next Gen seat had a plastic cover over it with a sticker that said something like "for vehicle without second row heated seats". This to me implies that there is a different between a front heated seat in a vehicle with and without rear heated seats.

Anyone want to speculate as to what the different might be between the two seats?

I was at a Tesla Service Center the other day and was looking in the windows of a new Model S 70D that just arrived. The front driver's Next Gen seat had a plastic cover over it with a sticker that said something like "for vehicle without second row heated seats". This to me implies that there is a different between a front heated seat in a vehicle with and without rear heated seats.

Anyone want to speculate as to what the different might be between the two seats?
My guess would be it's a different wiring harness.