Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre Review channel review of Tesla in snow.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tyre Review posted a new youtube video of how Tesla drives in snow on track. It's Model 3 not Y but behavior should be similar. I wish Model Y Performance had the same options FWD vs RWD, regen breaking as M3P does...

It's only first intro video. He promises more Tesla reviews in the future comparing other tires in snow.

Last edited:
Reactions: gt2690b and Stach
Now if Track Mode was only available for the Model Y...

There's also no reason for Tesla not to make it a paid premium feature available to any AWD M3, MY, etc... as it could be another source of revenue, like Acceleration Boost (it should be free / included for Performance variants).

Last edited:
Reactions: buddhafree
The use of "FWD" and "RWD" in that video is incorrect, the Handling Balance slider can't turn the car into FWD or AWD. It does affect the torque split under part throttle, as well as how TC/SC intervene. It's a good video regardless though for showing the actual handling behavior!

Here's another video I found helpful for understanding the effects of the Handling Balance slider:

Reactions: buddhafree