Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uber pickup for Model S delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the desert and picked up in Palm Springs. It was offered without asking.
I'm happy to give you a lift in LA, if you need one. I love @bonaire 's idea of fellow Tedla owners availing themselves!

Thanks for the offer; that's very kind of you. I can always get my brother to take me there, but just wanted to see if Tesla offered the Uber so as to not inconvenience him or anyone else.

Yep, recently Über chose to withdraw from Hungary rather than pay taxes. You cannot be part of society without paying to keep the potholes fixed. Do not get me wrong, the idea if great, I am all for progress but we live in a society.

That is not why Uber pulled out of Hungary.

The government laid down hurdle after hurdle to complicate Uber’s presence in the country, including requiring Uber drivers to obtain extra licenses and insurance. Despite meeting all these demands, Uber has decided to throw in the towel, when the government required Uber to set up vioce dispatch (wtf?) and threatened its drivers. Uber's withdrawal means some one thousand drivers without a job and thousands of passengers to the tender mercies of Budapest’s overpriced and unreliable taxi services.

Do not get me wrong, I find Uber's aggressive tactics often cross the line, they were not the ones at fault in Hungary.