Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh, Ordered Mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the carbon mud guards a few days ago and only took 30min....from protectmytesla my only complaint was I wish they would indicate with a stamp “F for front and R for rear” on their mudguards.... I almost installed the wrong ones due to the fact that the look similar....otherwise I’m happy with them Came with all the hardware clips, just be careful they are real carbon and sharp it will cut into the plastic body as you rotate it to stuck them in place .... and they seem to work great!!!
6BD56BE8-F88B-4022-85CD-E78AC62F862B.jpeg 0AD75F50-932A-42A3-BED6-5D56A3015FDF.jpeg

Attachments

• EE3F5D1D-28B8-4418-A16D-83282A8B9356.jpeg
    EE3F5D1D-28B8-4418-A16D-83282A8B9356.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 608
  • 06684C73-BD3F-4BAF-9E32-DC5A4A46D668.jpeg
    06684C73-BD3F-4BAF-9E32-DC5A4A46D668.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 548
I installed the carbon mud guards a few days ago and only took 30min....from protectmytesla my only complaint was I wish they would indicate with a stamp “F for front and R for rear” on their mudguards.... I almost installed the wrong ones due to the fact that the look similar....otherwise I’m happy with them Came with all the hardware clips, just be careful they are real carbon and sharp it will cut into the plastic body as you rotate it to stuck them in place .... and they seem to work great!!!
View attachment 417638 View attachment 417637
Yours had hardware clips? Maybe that's why it's $20 more now. All I got was 3M tape. Used the existing clip from the wheel well, to hold the bottom, and the tape to hold the top.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Hmm, probably a half-decent option for an unwrapped 3 but with the hit to aero drag and cosmetics I'll just stick to PPF. Curious how they hold up after 6-12+ months and effect on range though.
Haven't had them that long, but they are holding on real tight so far. I can't tell if there's any range effect, but I definitely did not do any before after testing.

Picked up these from Amazon. Looks great. Haven’t tested them out in the rain yet. But it’s better than nothing.

Are those your pics? Like to see photo from the front (to see mounting). They all look pretty good from the back ;)

Not sure I like that honking bolt from under side or the metal bracket (see photo on Amazon).

I was thinking of using Plastic rivet on existing hole on the Ebay one (assuming they line up) and 3M tape for the rest (if I get them).
Basically mount them the same way the Carbon fiber ones do (which is one aspect I really liked about those).

Screws into plastic wheel wells are not terrible, but I still prefer to avoid that. Screws in to sheet metal of any kind it pretty much a non starter.

I've bought so much junk from China lately and rarely ever happy with it, always end up returning.
But the China (Hong Kong) ones on ebay are very tempting.

Looks like they make them for Model S/X too and trying to find any reviews on them from possible past.

The screw on the bottom will definetly take a beating, I doubt it will last. The China ones look like they use stock mounting points.

This screw/bolt on the underside where the TSolutions stainless bracket mounts to is an already existing screwt that's on the underside of our bumper covers. Some earlier Model 3's had silver screws but more recent ones have black ones to better hide them.

Add much as I'm not a fan of any mud flaps, seeing the damage caused on the rocker panels has gotten me to looking for some for my 3. IMHO, the TSolutions ones looked pretty nice.

I've seen some on ebay (I think) that were actually painted in either red, blue, or black. But of course now I can't find them.

Let us know the thoughts on the TSolutions ones.

Cintoman

I contacted the seller, re whether or not "drilling" is required - and the answer appears to be "YES". Actual reply, with grammar issues included, is as follows -

"Dear Customer:

"Welcome to our shop, this product comes with screws.

The installation steps are as follows:

1. First unscrew the screw in the installation position; 2. Align the fenders with the screw holes and fix them with screws (some original cars have no screw holes, need to be punched and installed);"

Hey Ski...not sure how well the color matches my Deep Blue Metallic, plus I haven't seen anyone else on the forum try the colored ones out yet. I'm going on vacation next week, so I'll probably make my decision when i get back. Still leaning towards the TSolutions ones.

--Cintoman

@Cintoman,

Same....I thought about trying the red but not sure how close they would even match the MCR....can’t even find vinyl wrap to match for the door handles and I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Avery, 3M, everything.

SKI

Reactions: Cintoman
Hey just another option is
Rally Armour, basic black on black.
Less than $35 delivered and installed using the factory push pins and one trim screw at the top.
These aren't the best pics but they look a lot like @kevwerks and were fairly easy to install.
Fronts are 2 1/2" off level ground. Rear at 5 1/2". I think as low as possible in the front and haven't rubbed any bumps yet. They also reach inside the wheel well and help bring air into the equation especially the rears.
Good luck with your search, I just can't see spending $50 a pop and not getting fully covered. These are my 3 pics. Kinda shadowy and not too good but an idea...

Attachments

• IMG_20190710_103021495_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190710_103021495_HDR.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC