Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh, Ordered Mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XDNTXYX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had these mudflaps installed. Wh/km jumped up dramatically from 160 to 200!!

I think you'd be the first to report any significant drop in efficiency for pretty much any mudflap.

AWD?, Tires?, Cold PSI?, MPH

If you are new to Model 3, this time of year wh/mi can start climbing pretty fast.

The only way to compare is with HVAC OFF. And ideally back to back conditions and a "loop".

I did a 30 mile loop, immediately before and after the install at 65mph and saw 0 difference in efficiency. You might see some at higher speeds.

Last edited:
Bringing this back.... has anyone seen range lost with mud flaps at high speeds?
If you are really curious of the effect of the mud flaps, you should review the formula from the part (1) of the video
Why Big Wheels Are A Bad Idea On Electric Cars - Range Impact! from Jason Fenske,
to calculate the effect of the additional wind resistance created by the mud flaps... (certainly quite negligible).

You will noticed that tire's rolling resistance is one of the primary factor affecting the range.

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC