Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI_a006 service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a UI_A006 error message on my 2020 MY. There is no info of the service in the car, app, or when I make the appointment. The earliest appointment is 3 weeks away. Anyone received similar error message? I am not sure if it's safe to drive around for 3 weeks without knowing much about the error.

Reactions: leaftoy
This is what the MY owner's manual says for this code...

(UI_a006)Service is required Schedule service now​

This alert is set remotely by Tesla when a condition requiring service is detected on your vehicle.
This alert can be set due to various conditions. When you schedule service, more information should be available.
This alert can only be cleared by a service technician after your vehicle has been serviced.
As this alert can be present due to various conditions, it is recommended that you schedule service at your earliest convenience.

I just had one recently, a proactive recall to change some PT in the heat pump system, which could result in no A/C or heat. The estimate for the repair was 1.5 hours and no cost to you. However, if you should have anything else to get done during that visit, do not rely or expect that it will get done in parallel, that will most likely be extra time. I went in expecting 1.5 hours, so no loaner and I would be waiting, but when I asked them to have a look at something else that I thought would be a 5 minute job, my total time ballooned to almost 3 hours. Lesson learned.

My closest service center is 2 1/4, 2 3/4, or 3 1/2 hours away. I can't just drop in. Yet there's no way to call a human being to find out what the issue might be. Tesla makes all matters go through their iPhone app, which provides no information, it just books an appointment (in my case far far away).

I'm really quite upset that Tesla posted an alert to my car and then demands that I take a day (or more?) off from work for some issue that they won't even bother to explain to me. Can you imagine putting up with this in any other aspect of life? If your doctor's office called you up and told you, "take a day off work, report to the medical clinic, we're going to do something helpful for you, but we're not going to tell you what or how long you'll be here and you don't get to discuss this at all". My goodness. I suspected owning a Tesla far far away from a service center could be problematic, and how I'm discovering it is.

Reactions: KenYoung1
Received the alert in my car yesterday and then in my phone. Scheduled a service in 3 mins on today's morning. It took them 3-4 hours before I was called to pickup.

It is for a PT sensor. The existing one will fail if the car stays at low temp for extended time and you will end up no heat. The new one "is supposed to stay longer". Hope it helps.

Use the app and submit a request for service. They will get back to you with an estimate that you need to approve, a formality since it should be all covered and free. That PDF estimate will tell you what is going to be fixed, and in the app there is the capability to chat with them about this service request which they will usually reply back to promptly. So schedule service a few days or week out, do the chat thing and find out. If like the rest of us, it should be just the PT thing and lack of heat, which is a nuisance now but better than no heat come Dec/Jan... You can always reschedule the service if it turns out to be nothing serious and you need a more convenient time.

Reactions: KenYoung1
With the UI_a006 appointment still a week away. Error message BMS_a151 and BMS_a035 popped up yesterday while driving on the highway. We cancelled our road trip and back home, and we can't start the car today. Will try to call service center tomorrow morning to learn what they can do for us.