Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] ‘Highland’ order discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1693549897646.png

Sometime in 2024… then in late 2025 after only a minor delay the LHD only model 3 will come out in the UK 😂

Just watched the Carwow video and other than the stalks I like it. Especially improved sound dampening and suspension. If that does indeed move the dial nicely.

Interesting that the motors and battery haven’t changed. Also where’s the Plaid or even just Performance gone?

Reactions: Durzel
Sometime in 2024… then in late 2025 after only a minor delay the LHD only model 3 will come out in the UK 😂

Just watched the Carwow video and other than the stalks I like it. Especially improved sound dampening and suspension. If that does indeed move the dial nicely.

Interesting that the motors and battery haven’t changed. Also where’s the Plaid or even just Performance gone?
With any luck the Performance version (the only one I'm interested in) and the UK one generally will have ironed out any launch issues.. really depends on how quickly it follows I guess.

Reactions: pharwood
With any luck the Performance version (the only one I'm interested in) and the UK one generally will have ironed out any launch issues.. really depends on how quickly it follows I guess.
Obviously they aren’t going to give us some bonkers tri-motor model but would love if they carbon wrap the motors. That removes the pull drop off you get currently after the initial burst of speed.

Obviously they aren’t going to give us some bonkers tri-motor model but would love if they carbon wrap the motors. That removes the pull drop off you get currently after the initial burst of speed.
Yeah, I'm quietly hoping the reason for the Performance delay is because they're going to give it a spec bump (better seats would be amazing). Not holding my breath though, it's just as likely that they are supply constrained in the very short term and LR & base are the biggest sellers by far.

Well there were rumours at one point of the Performance getting a different battery. Then that died off and rumours of the SR getting a larger battery. I think at least with SR if someone heard about the extra range they put 2 and 2 together and assumed it must have a larger battery. The reality is it’s just more efficient instead to achieve those numbers.

Hoping though the Performance rumour might be true. Slightly bigger battery not so much for range but will allow them to increase the power output of the motors. Add in carbon wrapped rotors and you’d have a nice performance bump.

Seems the rumours of the M3 getting Bio-Weapon defence mode wasn’t true. Not as big a deal in the UK but if I lived in places that have regular fires or bad city air I’d be going for a Model Y over a 3 just because of that. In those markets I can imagine that’s a massive selling point.

No stalks... I think I'm out.
Doubtful Tesla are bothered about losing early adopters, I see plenty of drivers who don't indicate so they won't be bothered either.

Without the stalk we lose a simple means to manually wipe the windscreen & presumably the car will now decide on forward-reverse as with the S & X. More time fiddling with the touchscreen.

Seems the rumours of the M3 getting Bio-Weapon defence mode wasn’t true. Not as big a deal in the UK but if I lived in places that have regular fires or bad city air I’d be going for a Model Y over a 3 just because of that. In those markets I can imagine that’s a massive selling point.
ALL models need it, Tesla ownership frequently leaves a bad smell.

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger and Durzel
Doubtful Tesla are bothered about losing early adopters, I see plenty of drivers who don't indicate so they won't be bothered either.

Without the stalk we lose a simple means to manually wipe the windscreen & presumably the car will now decide on forward-reverse as with the S & X. More time fiddling with the touchscreen.
As an ex-BMW driver I can tell you that indicating is overrated 😂

For my inaugural Tesla purchase, I decided to seize the opportunity presented by the deals and the enticing 0% financing offered on a RWD LFP Model 3. Personally, I appreciate the convenience of traditional indicator stalks in a car, and after perusing the images now available on Tesla's Australian website, I found myself drawn to the aesthetics of the pre-Highland model. With any luck, I'll take possession next week.