Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.48.37.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m currently installing 2020.48.37.6, a whole 4 minor versions ahead. It's been a while.

Mildly hopeful this resolves the car self-indicating bug when joining some dual carriageways that have FSD NoA support (despite feature being off in UI).

20210716_095602.jpg

Last edited:
Mildly hopeful this resolves the car self-indicating bug when joining some dual carriageways that have FSD NoA support (despite feature being off in UI).

Is that when joining the carriageway it often still prompts to change to the outer lane? I don't know about it still doing it when NoA is off, but the unnecessary lane change prompt is still present in latest builds (MCU 2 and HW 3)

I'm not actually sure if it occurs because I am not performing the merge correctly. I'm partially suspicious that it may be a very late prompt to the merge itself.

No. It still does it. Usually even when there is little or no traffic and the car in front is travelling just as fast.
It’s a completely pointless manoeuvre.
Watching some of the FSD beta videos, it seems that drivers in the States drive that way!

It's like NoA is still running in the background and sensing what I'm doing and once joined and in position on lane 1 decides to indicate for me, just without any UI to prompt to cancel and with EAP on the car remains in lane 1 baffling the other drivers behind. Is also tricky to cancel, typically light press of left-indicator stalk then letting that time out. Seems more common when joining grade-separated dual from the roundabout below, doesn't happen on downward entry ramp merging.