Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both our Model 3s on a Ubiquiti network and neither of them have exceeded 1GB of total traffic in the last month and that includes 2 software updates for both of them.
I run a home Unifi network, with 4 Access Points, rock solid for over 3 years now. I run the network software on a synology nas in a docker container, so it's running 24/7 to manage things. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
I run a home Unifi network, with 4 Access Points, rock solid for over 3 years now. I run the network software on a synology nas in a docker container, so it's running 24/7 to manage things. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Completely off topic but do you have any idea how you can get Chromecast and Apple AirPlay working over VLANs? This has been my only gripe with it since I changed my network over to UniFi

Completely off topic but do you have any idea how you can get Chromecast and Apple AirPlay working over VLANs? This has been my only gripe with it since I changed my network over to UniFi
I think you need them to be on the same network.
I had issue when my device was connected to guest network and TV was on main. I could not understand why I cannot cast it to tv ;D

It’s a multicast discovery protocol so it won’t traverse a VLAN, only what’s in the current subnet. It’s not impossible to make this work but you’ll thank me if you just put them in the same VLAN and get on with your life 😉

Reactions: Durzel and KennethS
One thing that annoys me:
I believe before, each driver profile used to have its own music setup saved (in addition to climate, seat, nav preferences etc).
I’m not sure since when, but for the past couple months, it’s no longer the case, and whenever my wife has taken the car, when I get back it, I’m on one of her Spotify playlists instead of my own Apple Music source I left the car with.

Anyone can confirm?

I believe before, each driver profile used to have its own music setup saved (in addition to climate, seat, nav preferences etc).
I’m not sure since when, but for the past couple months, it’s no longer the case, and whenever my wife has taken the car, when I get back it, I’m on one of her Spotify playlists instead of my own Apple Music source I left the car with.

Anyone can confirm?
I certainly get whatever radio station the wife has had on. Not great.

Anyone can confirm?
Thank you for bringing this thread back on track. The previous 9 posts were written in a mysterious Intergalactic language & way beyond my limited abilities.

Anyone can confirm?
I find it does swap profiles, but only within the active source. So if Apple Music is left on by the wife, I will be greeted with my Apple Music. If the wife was listening to a Podcast, I will have my latest podcast playing.

However, the DAB/FM radio is completely profile agnostic and it will just stay on whatever station was on before.

I find it does swap profiles, but only within the active source. So if Apple Music is left on by the wife, I will be greeted with my Apple Music. If the wife was listening to a Podcast, I will have my latest podcast playing.

However, the DAB/FM radio is completely profile agnostic and it will just stay on whatever station was on before.
Seems like quite an overlook.
So it can remember each individual personal climate preference down to the exact temperature, vent orientation and seat heating, but will play the wife’s last (questionable) music choice instead of my own? Strange.
Unfortunately I use Apple Music and she prefers Spotify so I cannot test within the same platform.

Maybe I was tricked because I had that in my previous cars for more than 10 years but the radio / music sources usually follow the user profile, so I though the Tesla used to do it properly at some point.

I noticed something a little while ago about this subject which made me wonder if it was possible that it would be be fixed with further tweaking, or indeed if/when all of the cameras talk to each other in a more harmonious manner (if that is what the neural net is planned to do).
When overtaking a vehicle - lets call it the 'target', it can quite clearly be seen by the forward facing cameras placed in the windscreen and you yourself can see it on the display, where the target vehicle tracks straight (usually) in it's lane. But as you get a bit closer and within roughly a metre behind or start to pass, the B pillar camera starts to see the target vehicle more reliably, and I have repeatedly noticed on the display that the target vehicle appears to shift across it's lane.

As the Tesla AP has been programmed to first and foremost avoid collisions, then as soon as this new information is presented to the AP computer then of course it will take steps to prevent this.

This is probably why the slowing or braking effect (I've experienced a full on erroneous activation of AEB when passing another vehicle) is not seen as often in rain or darker conditions, as the pillar camera doesn't have as clear view.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer