Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not necessarily last update related as it was fine in the last few days but today, my car has been insomniac and wakes up every 15/30 mins, then downloads large amounts of data over wi-fi.
I'm already on 2024.2.8 and Nav maps 2024.2. Not sure what kind of data it's may be sending/receiving to the mothership... but this has caused me a 3% phantom drain since this morning already...

Not necessarily last update related as it was fine in the last few days but today, my car has been insomniac and wakes up every 15/30 mins, then downloads large amounts of data over wi-fi.
u
t
I have that too.

I'm using a Google Home router and I sometimes wonder whether it is telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. That said, the router reckons the car downloaded 32GB in the last 24 hours, with 6GB on Sunday and 2GB on Friday. There was 3.66GB up today and under 1 GB up over the last 7 days.

But there are no obvious updates. I think some people have said that there are under-the-radar map updates for things like roadworks and temporary speed limits. Others have suggested that many of us have unknowingly been running FSDbeta in shadow mode so they can train it for the UK, and they could be updating that.

I have seen something similar happen shortly before formal updates, as if they are downloading stuff for the update before the final release.

There's no problem as such - I don't have a data limit on the broadband - but my curiosity makes me wonder what's going on.

Reactions: WllXM

Dunno if this should have a new thread or not really, but NotATeslaApp are also reporting "One-Time Charge Limit" so you can up the limit for a road trip then it reverts back to your daily drive automatically.

Dunno if this should have a new thread or not really, but NotATeslaApp are also reporting "One-Time Charge Limit" so you can up the limit for a road trip then it reverts back to your daily drive automatically.

Thread '[UK] 2024.8.x'
[UK] 2024.8.x

t
I have that too.

I'm using a Google Home router and I sometimes wonder whether it is telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. That said, the router reckons the car downloaded 32GB in the last 24 hours, with 6GB on Sunday and 2GB on Friday. There was 3.66GB up today and under 1 GB up over the last 7 days.

But there are no obvious updates. I think some people have said that there are under-the-radar map updates for things like roadworks and temporary speed limits. Others have suggested that many of us have unknowingly been running FSDbeta in shadow mode so they can train it for the UK, and they could be updating that.

I have seen something similar happen shortly before formal updates, as if they are downloading stuff for the update before the final release.

There's no problem as such - I don't have a data limit on the broadband - but my curiosity makes me wonder what's going on.
I have the same system and those numbers are rubbish. The daily / weekly / monthly totals never make sense. E.g. daily total > the month.

I have the same system and those numbers are rubbish. The daily / weekly / monthly totals never make sense. E.g. daily total > the month.
I have both our Model 3s on a Ubiquiti network and neither of them have exceeded 1GB of total traffic in the last month and that includes 2 software updates for both of them.