Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up from Cribbs Causeway, Bristol: it was immaculate... then 30 seconds after signing for the car a seagull flew over and deposited a large amount of poop over it, mostly the screen and glass, fortunately. So before driving home I had to clean it....
Count yourself lucky it wasn't crapped on during the boat ride over from America.

I had to get mine detailed after receiving it (to be fair that was going to happen anyway, but it was properly etched in the clearcoat :( )

Reactions: Peter 224
I picked mine up from Cribbs Causeway, Bristol: it was immaculate... then 30 seconds after signing for the car a seagull flew over and deposited a large amount of poop over it, mostly the screen and glass, fortunately. So before driving home I had to clean it....
I shall be scanning the skies keenly when we pick ours up from Bristol on Friday. (Note to self: just in case, do remember to keep mouth shut when looking up,)

Did you pick up on the Saturday morning that you posted this?
If so, was that you and the two ladies asking me where to go to collect while I was deep in trying to wrap my head around all the setting before driving home :D
If so... Oh Hai
P.s.. Seagull sheeeeeet on mine on collection too. Tesla guy says the birds pretty much poop on the cars as soon as they wash them haha.

Today's M3P collection from Brent Cross all went fine with just a few niggles. Blinked for a moment and missed the handover (I actually have no problem with that at all).

Was disappointed with a scratched up looking B pillar below the camera until I realised they'd just forgotten to take the protective film off that side. A few scuffs on plastic trim inside that will come away with a damp cloth I'm sure. Panel alignment generally ok with one exception, that being the front passenger door which sits at a very slightly different level to the one behind it, noticeable by the comparative heights of black trim along the tops of each door.

Makes silly noises going backwards. Cheapskates removed my wife's lumbar support adjustment. Other vehicles and lines hop skip and jump about on the visualisation screen like nobody's business. FSD feels an awful long way off watching that.

Steering wheel feels every so slightly off centre. There's a faintly perceptible vibration at 70 that feels like wheel balance. Not sure if I'll do anything about that yet given after what I've read of SCs ability to balance wheels on here.

It was raining on and off all the way back. Auto wipers actually did an admirable job.

Overall pretty chuffed!

Reactions: Durzel and Jez_GB
Today's M3P collection from Brent Cross all went fine with just a few niggles. Blinked for a moment and missed the handover (I actually have no problem with that at all).

Was disappointed with a scratched up looking B pillar below the camera until I realised they'd just forgotten to take the protective film off that side. A few scuffs on plastic trim inside that will come away with a damp cloth I'm sure. Panel alignment generally ok with one exception, that being the front passenger door which sits at a very slightly different level to the one behind it, noticeable by the comparative heights of black trim along the tops of each door.

Makes silly noises going backwards. Cheapskates removed my wife's lumbar support adjustment. Other vehicles and lines hop skip and jump about on the visualisation screen like nobody's business. FSD feels an awful long way off watching that.

Steering wheel feels every so slightly off centre. There's a faintly perceptible vibration at 70 that feels like wheel balance. Not sure if I'll do anything about that yet given after what I've read of SCs ability to balance wheels on here.

It was raining on and off all the way back. Auto wipers actually did an admirable job.

Overall pretty chuffed!
Congratulations on your collection, some of your comments match my own experience.

I have a very faint vibration at about 75 and it’s ok below that, this will be down to flat spots and should go away after a while, I will report back on that now I’m nearly 300 miles in.

I also notice a slight ofset to the left on the steering wheel, I wondered if it was just me or the road camber but I do think it’s there a little bit.

I also has a few marks on the interior but they cleaned up lovely.

Overall I’m really happy with the car and have had a decent weekend away with it, lovely car for a journey.

The party piece acceleration is brilliant but the car is equally as good when crossing and traffic jams are a breeze.

Reactions: ShadowSix
Hi All,

Newbie here, collecting my new M3SR+ next Monday from Tesla Dartford.

Just wondering if anyone else recently has collected from Dartford? if so, how was the experience?

Secondly, how do you know if you have the China built M3? or US version?

Regards Stuart.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else recently has collected from Dartford? if so, how was the experience?

Regards Stuart.
I believe all M3SR+ RHD come from China, your VIN number prefix will confirm it

Hi All,

Regards Stuart.
Picking up from Dartford on Thursday :) and will let you know how it goes afterwards)... If your VIN begins LRW then its made in China...

M3SR+ Delivery experience for me was driver phoned me from 100m down the road to say he couldn't find me, Had no text etc, he had my car and another, He offloaded the car, stood back while I had a good look over it gave me the keys, told me the cables were in the boot asked for my driver's license and if I had test drove one said yes (Got the feeling if I had said no I would have had a very quick how to drive it.

Car had 11 miles on the clock, Range remaining was 79 miles, found a cleaning cloth for the display in the glovebox, mas mats and passenger lumbar support
An hour after signing the delivery email online I got access to the app and an hour and a half after the driver left I got the text

Had my M3P delivered yesterday visited a supercharger while waiting for the app to connect - quick top up charge for 30 mins no problems - put the car on charge overnight on my home pod point 7kw charger at 90% and now see fully charged but only 279 miles range - is this OK I would of expected over 300 for 90% - does it take time to 'settle down' only have 102 miles on the clock - any advice please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210624_063904_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624_063904_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 74
Had my M3P delivered yesterday visited a supercharger while waiting for the app to connect - quick top up charge for 30 mins no problems - put the car on charge overnight on my home pod point 7kw charger at 90% and now see fully charged but only 279 miles range - is this OK I would of expected over 300 for 90% - does it take time to 'settle down' only have 102 miles on the clock - any advice please?
Mine does 315 at 100%