Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: teaston
So I am back from the Tesla service centre in Glasgow today and I am sorry to announce that the problem is still not fixed. When driving home on the motorway the Tesla logo is straight and the car pulls to the right. Enough for me to do a lane change from slow lane to fast lane in about three seconds - quite bad.
Anyone able to see if their steering wheels are dead straight? Pics would help

I am now going back tomorrow and having to take an afternoon off work yet again to have them look at it-I just worry that the car was maybe damaged in transit?

So I am back from the Tesla service centre in Glasgow today and I am sorry to announce that the problem is still not fixed. When driving home on the motorway the Tesla logo is straight and the car pulls to the right. Enough for me to do a lane change from slow lane to fast lane in about three seconds - quite bad.

I am now going back tomorrow and having to take an afternoon off work yet again to have them look at it-I just worry that the car was maybe damaged in transit?
Sorry about this. Do you mind telling us what did they say the problem was? And what is going to be fixed tomorrow? I do not have a picture but the steering is dead straight.

The wheels can all be straight but the tracking be off, can't it?

I have BT FTTP 900mbps
How your internet connection is presented doesn’t really have any impact on the Wi-fi signal strength, but the main difference will likely be that your phone will have a much more advanced and modern Wi-fi chipset/antenna (e.g. Wi-fi 6 / 802.11ax since iPhone 11 era I think), and the car browser is notoriously slow anyway, so that may be giving you a worse result on those JavaScript speed tests than you actually have for more native functions like updates.

Saying all that, 16Mbps should be fine for OTA updates anyway or even sitting on the drive watching Netflix (in HD only.)

Parking your car the other way around may yield a better (or worse) result as I believe the antenna is in the drivers wing mirror on RHD cars.

Sorry about this. Do you mind telling us what did they say the problem was? And what is going to be fixed tomorrow? I do not have a picture but the steering is dead straight.
They just said they got the alignment fixed.
I wonder if @TesTed you are correct in that the tracking can be off. It almost feels like the wheel is dropping to the left because of gravity 😂

Reactions: TesTed and Simonix
They just said they got the alignment fixed.
I wonder if @TesTed you are correct in that the tracking can be off. It almost feels like the wheel is dropping to the left because of gravity 😂

Yeah, normally at a tyre shop, they will put a brace in the car to fix the steering wheel in "straight" and level position. They then adjust the alignment/tracking after that.

Find an independant, or even a Kwik fit, with a hunter 4 wheel laser alignment setup, and have done with it. Maybe send the Tesla Dealership the bill... HA. Probably be about £50 tops.

Yeah, normally at a tyre shop, they will put a brace in the car to fix the steering wheel in "straight" and level position. They then adjust the alignment/tracking after that.

Find an independant, or even a Kwik fit, with a hunter 4 wheel laser alignment setup, and have done with it. Maybe send the Tesla Dealership the bill... HA. Probably be about £50 tops.
Agreed, there are some great small places that do it using the Hunter 4 Wheel Alignment kit, and my experience has been because they are doing this regularly they do a great job. The cost for me also has been circa £50.

Collection from Southampton

So I got there bang on time. I was absolutely shocked at the sheer amount of Model 3s there. It was a sea of them. Photo doesn't really do it justice, photo probably only shows 1/10 of the number of cars.

Greeted by staff, took my driver's license to confirm ID, then took me out to find car. He basically left me to it, told me when I was finished doing my checks, to find him to sign it over.

Exterior, aside from some dirt here and there, no issues with anything. Alignment and panel gaps seemed good.

Interior, some light dirt marks on the seats but most came out with a wet wipe. Two maybe three issues I've found: stain on the rear passenger seat, it was hidden under the seatbelt, so I missed it during initial inspection. Tried my best with wet wipes, it won't come out.

Interior trim on three of the doors has weird circular stains that won't wipe away.

Booked these two issues in for a service.

Thirdly, I found small patches of mould throughout the cabin and boot. All wiped away, just concerned there's some moisture in the car (will throw in some dehumidifiers and keep an eye on it)

Aside from that, all is fine. Slowly getting used to 1 pedal driving and having a gear stalk behind the wheel as opposed to the centre console lol.

Drove it back to London and stopped at Fleet services to charge up (car SoC was 110miles). Was told by the SA that 1000 SuC will appear the following day and that I could charge for free for 24 hours as the car will still be in their system, however, found that wasn't true. Supercharger miles were already on my account when I got to Fleet and I charged with them.

Also noticed I'm on software 2021.3.107, but I've read it takes a few weeks for new vehicles to start receiving updates, anyone care to confirm?

One more thing to note, I received 2 sets of mud flap extenders so that's a plus!

Anyway, this concludes the end of an exciting and sometimes stressful road from order to delivery process. Now begins an electrifying journey into EV life!
wx_camera_1632305345619_kindlephoto-777291583.jpg
IMG_20210922_113010.jpg
IMG_20210922_113021.jpg
IMG_20210922_120329.jpg
IMG_20210922_133908.jpg

Last edited:

I’ll check and come back to you tomorrow

Reactions: mosraza
Collection from Southampton

So I got there bang on time. I was absolutely shocked at the sheer amount of Model 3s there. It was a sea of them. Photo doesn't really do it justice, photo probably only shows 1/10 of the number of cars.

Greeted by staff, took my driver's license to confirm ID, then took me out to find car. He basically left me to it, told me when I was finished doing my checks, to find him to sign it over.

Exterior, aside from some dirt here and there, no issues with anything. Alignment and panel gaps seemed good.

Interior, some light dirt marks on the seats but most came out with a wet wipe. Two maybe three issues I've found: stain on the rear passenger seat, it was hidden under the seatbelt, so I missed it during initial inspection. Tried my best with wet wipes, it won't come out.

Interior trim on three of the doors has weird circular stains that won't wipe away.

Booked these two issues in for a service.

Thirdly, I found small patches of mould throughout the cabin and boot. All wiped away, just concerned there's some moisture in the car (will throw in some dehumidifiers and keep an eye on it)

Aside from that, all is fine. Slowly getting used to 1 pedal driving and having a gear stalk behind the wheel as opposed to the centre console lol.

Drove it back to London and stopped at Fleet services to charge up (car SoC was 110miles). Was told by the SA that 1000 SuC will appear the following day and that I could charge for free for 24 hours as the car will still be in their system, however, found that wasn't true. Supercharger miles were already on my account when I got to Fleet and I charged with them.

Also noticed I'm on software 2021.3.107, but I've read it takes a few weeks for new vehicles to start receiving updates, anyone care to confirm?

One more thing to note, I received 2 sets of mud flap extenders so that's a plus!

Anyway, this concludes the end of an exciting and sometimes stressful road from order to delivery process. Now begins an electrifying journey into EV life!View attachment 713240View attachment 713241View attachment 713243View attachment 713244View attachment 713245
Hope you will enjoy the model 3

Reactions: IAmNotARobot
How your internet connection is presented doesn’t really have any impact on the Wi-fi signal strength, but the main difference will likely be that your phone will have a much more advanced and modern Wi-fi chipset/antenna (e.g. Wi-fi 6 / 802.11ax since iPhone 11 era I think), and the car browser is notoriously slow anyway, so that may be giving you a worse result on those JavaScript speed tests than you actually have for more native functions like updates.

Saying all that, 16Mbps should be fine for OTA updates anyway or even sitting on the drive watching Netflix (in HD only.)

Parking your car the other way around may yield a better (or worse) result as I believe the antenna is in the drivers wing mirror on RHD cars.
Awesome I’ll try parking nose in tomorrow and see if makes a difference

Reactions: teaston
How do we upgrade to the latest one? I'm on 2021.3.106.6
Tesla pushes the upgrade - not sure how they prioritise but if you agree for your personal information to be shared with Tesla they do push updates bit quickly. I may be wrong here but this is just my personal experience. Of course they do prioritise if you have more referrals, loyal customer, you tube influencers etc.,