Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model 3 Performance in Blue on Monday from Bristol.

The car is immaculate, alignment and interior. Only issue is the paint finish....

The car has holograms and hazing all over it. I found one spot where it looked like they'd tried to get out a dust nib / piece of fibre by polishing it down. I suspect at the factory they find nibs and quickly polish them out. I've yet to find a panel without some holograms/hazing. I could stand by my car and see all the other delivery cars with the same holograms, from 1-2 car parking spaces away - it was a sunny day!

Secondly, unfortunately my instruction to do not wash didn't get to the delivery team in time - so it's had a waterless wash and you can see swirls in single movements from the delivery cleaners.

But, overall i'm happy. I'm really happy there isn't any serious damage, such as chips or proper scratches. I plan to have it ceramic coated on Monday and hope they'll be able to get out the defects. The driving experience more than makes up for it!

For future buyers - my advice give them plenty of notice to not clean and check with them a few times. That'll save some of the swirls. Then get it to a detailers for a stage 1.

My current car is a bmw i3s, next going to be either a M3LR or a MY not sure yet depends on timescales, I received it from BMW dealer and there were significant swirls all over the paintwork, the car was basically cleaned by some kids in the shop. They don't care nor have a clue what they are doing and use sponges full of grit and have no care as to how to wash a car. Anyway, I got a detailer to provide a paint report just after i collected the car and negotiated a return of £350 should have been more but I was happy with that, got the car totally swirl free and then ceramic coated. Never heard of anyone getting such a refund via Tesla, but if its bad and on the premise "if you don't ask you don't get", go for it....

Hi Mike, please provide some detailed feedback of both your car and the collection experience. Im picking up next Wednesday at 9am from Brent Cross so your experience is of interest to me. Hope all is well with your pick up tomorrow, good luck!
I found Brent Cross really friendly.

The only issues were:

1. Car was only on 39% charge. There are apparently Superchargers there, but only two and I believe inside a multi-storey.
2. If you don't know the area, North Circular and Hanger Lane aren't much fun in a brand new car

Reactions: moodel_tree
I have heard rumours that the latest Q3 deliveries of the SR+ seem to come with floormats?!

Can any new owners from the last few weeks confirm this? Be nice to save me from ordering some from Amazon in anticipation for my "hopeful" Q4 delivery....

I have heard rumours that the latest Q3 deliveries of the SR+ seem to come with floormats?!

Can any new owners from the last few weeks confirm this? Be nice to save me from ordering some from Amazon in anticipation for my "hopeful" Q4 delivery....
Picked up my SR+ beginning of this month from Trafford Centre in Manchester and it came with front and back floor mats.

Reactions: Beatjammer
So I have picked up!!
There is a few mini scratches at the drivers side door handle and some glue residue on the charge port. The wheel alignment is off too but I’m booked in for a service on Friday at 3pm where they’ll fix all of this.

all in all very happy, but going black does mean you see a whole lot more !!
Anyone else had an issue with wheel alignment?

Reactions: Kevg
Of course obligatory photo!

Attachments

• B682E07D-E459-40DD-8F36-35A0462EA13F.jpeg
    B682E07D-E459-40DD-8F36-35A0462EA13F.jpeg
    791.3 KB · Views: 87