Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t mind the swirls because I’ll be waxing and coating it myself but the avoidable scratches I am pissed off at!
Yeah I’m the same, swirls are ok, loads of contamination on the bonnet I’m also cool with, dust under the clear coat and scratches on the boot lid and spoiler not so cool 😞 I go with the usual rule of if your nail catches on it, it’s not being easily removed.

Are you booked in mate? I’m going to Edinburgh on Friday to get them to look over it
Yeah booked in for the 29th. When I logged all the pictures at 10am today I actually selected 10:30 but they texted me back moving it as they said they didn’t have any replacement spoilers. So I’m guessing they will just swap it. Impressed with the service so far. Added 90 miles to the car today 😄

Reactions: Seeds369
Yeah booked in for the 29th. When I logged all the pictures at 10am today I actually selected 10:30 but they texted me back moving it as they said they didn’t have any replacement spoilers. So I’m guessing they will just swap it. Impressed with the service so far. Added 90 miles to the car today 😄
I’m happy with it overall! Great service you’re right. How long did it take you for app to show?

Picked up my LR M3 white 19” sport wheels FSD yesterday from Glasgow

overall very happy with it

gaps/alignment no issues

paintwork no issues (little bit dusty)

only thing was when I drove off by myself the passenger seatbelts warning chime was going off with no one in the seat so turned back around and had them check it out.
Turned out to be the connection under the seat wasn’t clipped in properly fixed in under 2 minutes 😊

since getting it home though I’ve had the screen freeze/crash on me 3 times anyone else having issues with this?

once with Netflix login

Another time the pin box randomly appeared when I was choosing a radio station and would only allow two of the four numbers to be input so wouldn’t go away

and the last one was when trying to connect a PS4 controller via Bluetooth which I still can’t get to connect.

my Wi-Fi connection in the car is *sugar* (car sitting in my driveway) only getting 8 or 9 mbps but I get 160 mbps on my phone sitting in the car. Anyone having Wi-Fi connection issues?

absolutely love the car though

Attachments

• B8322C8E-B980-47F3-834C-586AD5374619.jpeg
    B8322C8E-B980-47F3-834C-586AD5374619.jpeg
    597.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 5B308B94-02D1-4B1E-B2A4-7CF2A6AE3AB1.jpeg
    5B308B94-02D1-4B1E-B2A4-7CF2A6AE3AB1.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 41909E26-3B74-4E4B-B120-F0F769CF0385.jpeg
    41909E26-3B74-4E4B-B120-F0F769CF0385.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 7A348F28-EC70-4242-9236-96EC7E85F91D.jpeg
    7A348F28-EC70-4242-9236-96EC7E85F91D.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 219F7F0C-5B1B-416C-8037-929E28AA3ED7.jpeg
    219F7F0C-5B1B-416C-8037-929E28AA3ED7.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 46
  • F69C7EA3-0972-418A-912D-1597E9184C59.jpeg
    F69C7EA3-0972-418A-912D-1597E9184C59.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 75A93E45-7935-4E4C-BAA6-77E331E7BE2A.jpeg
    75A93E45-7935-4E4C-BAA6-77E331E7BE2A.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: moodel_tree
So first “almost” stumbling block with Tesla today.
I am booked in for 10am to get the wheel alignment and the paintwork sorted at the SC (in 1.5 hours) and have the day off work for it. Tesla have just messaged me saying they need to change the appointment to which I replied it was unacceptable. I got something about a technician not being available...? 😂

also, for the paintwork scratches which I have attached, they reckon the car will need to go to the body shop for that. Surely that’s just a case of polishing them out? They aren’t even nail dee
(Might have to increase your brightness and they are above door handle. Worse when sunlight hits them)

Attachments

• E6D38CCC-124D-4225-8F43-76F39D771638.jpeg
    E6D38CCC-124D-4225-8F43-76F39D771638.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 50
So first “almost” stumbling block with Tesla today.
I am booked in for 10am to get the wheel alignment and the paintwork sorted at the SC (in 1.5 hours) and have the day off work for it. Tesla have just messaged me saying they need to change the appointment to which I replied it was unacceptable. I got something about a technician not being available...? 😂

also, for the paintwork scratches which I have attached, they reckon the car will need to go to the body shop for that. Surely that’s just a case of polishing them out? They aren’t even nail dee
(Might have to increase your brightness and they are above door handle. Worse when sunlight hits them)

Follow on from this - just had a very rude service advisor on the phone explaining to me that the car CANNOT be dealt with today even though they have appointments every 30 minutes from 9am to 5pm today.
I said surely a wheel alignment can be fixed pretty quick and his attitude was stinking.

the Glasgow Tesla are amazing, friendly and courteous. Edinburgh are rude and we realised that once we’d test driven to be honest.

might just go get the wheel alignment done myself at a private garage and fix the paintwork myself also. Tesla Edinburgh you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Follow on from this - just had a very rude service advisor on the phone explaining to me that the car CANNOT be dealt with today even though they have appointments every 30 minutes from 9am to 5pm today.
I said surely a wheel alignment can be fixed pretty quick and his attitude was stinking.

the Glasgow Tesla are amazing, friendly and courteous. Edinburgh are rude and we realised that once we’d test driven to be honest.

might just go get the wheel alignment done myself at a private garage and fix the paintwork myself also. Tesla Edinburgh you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Not great at all!?

You shouldn't have to, but in all honesty, a laser 4 wheel alignment isn't going to cost very much (As long as they have suitable jacking "Pucks"). And like you say, a quick polish will probably get that scratch out anyway.
I'm probably going to get mine detailed and ceramic coated when it arrives. Black cars and winter UK roads don't mix particularly well...?! HAHA>

gaps/alignment no issues

only thing was when I drove off by myself the passenger seatbelts warning chime was going off with no one in the seat so turned back around and had them check it out.
Turned out to be the connection under the seat wasn’t clipped in properly fixed in under 2 minutes 😊

since getting it home though I’ve had the screen freeze/crash on me 3 times anyone else having issues with this?

once with Netflix login

Another time the pin box randomly appeared when I was choosing a radio station and would only allow two of the four numbers to be input so wouldn’t go away

and the last one was when trying to connect a PS4 controller via Bluetooth which I still can’t get to connect.

my Wi-Fi connection in the car is *sugar* (car sitting in my driveway) only getting 8 or 9 mbps but I get 160 mbps on my phone sitting in the car. Anyone having Wi-Fi connection issues?

You can’t connect a bluetooth gamepad directly to the car, you need one of these dongles:

gaps/alignment no issues

once with Netflix login

I think game controllers are bit tricky - there are other web sites or forums that give an idea about game controllers that work with Tesla M3. So google and find out some of these sites.

Wi-Fi connection is a known issue - you need really strong signal. I bought one of those wifi extenders/discs and that increased the signal strength. Some additional cost that was not accounted for in the accessories sections!

Not great at all!?

You shouldn't have to, but in all honesty, a laser 4 wheel alignment isn't going to cost very much (As long as they have suitable jacking "Pucks"). And like you say, a quick polish will probably get that scratch out anyway.
I'm probably going to get mine detailed and ceramic coated when it arrives. Black cars and winter UK roads don't mix particularly well...?! HAHA>

So the update is:

After being spoken to very rudely by Paolo(?) at Edinburgh (and after I reminded him I had just paid £50,000 for a brand new car that has 2 pretty annoying issues), I asked for a call from the manager.
He phoned me and was brilliant, Edinburgh don’t have any space though.

I then got a phone call from Glasgow who could fit me in as long as I left the house right away and so that’s where I am!

My advice from my overall experience would be to ditch Edinburgh and go to Glasgow SC.

Also side note - for anyone looking to get their car coated/wrapped/sprayed there is a very good place in Falkirk that I know. PM me for more details

I think game controllers are bit tricky - there are other web sites or forums that give an idea about game controllers that work with Tesla M3. So google and find out some of these sites.

Wi-Fi connection is a known issue - you need really strong signal. I bought one of those wifi extenders/discs and that increased the signal strength. Some additional cost that was not accounted for in the accessories sections!
Thanks but my signal is really strong I have BT FTTP 900mbps and sitting in the driveway in my drivers seat all doors windows closed I get 210mbps on my iPhone but only 16mbps on the car.

Attachments

• 23D21A2D-F3DF-4315-B0E9-A40A7138EEAD.jpeg
    23D21A2D-F3DF-4315-B0E9-A40A7138EEAD.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 55
  • A31CDCE8-73EB-47C4-9E9D-8E118094CDB6.png
    A31CDCE8-73EB-47C4-9E9D-8E118094CDB6.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: moodel_tree