Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tessa is here 😜 came to bluewater early searched and found right by the collection desk asked if I could take her early they said yeah. Couple of blemishes on the paint work which I will report but other then that happy. Just put it on charge but ur came with 55%
Wow, the grey looks great when it’s shiny!

How early did you pick it up? Mine’s booked for 12 on Thursday at bluewater and we’d like to get it early if possible, to get back to our daughter in Norwich.

First pic, beating the queues at the garage.
20210925_180424.jpg

Update for anyone who is interested...

Amazing that they managed to get it sorted, but an utter embarrassment on Tesla‘s side for not getting it sorted… expect compensation heading your way for that

Picked up today at Brent Cross. Loads of cars there, they had 100 handovers today. Charge was in miles and I hadn't worked out how to change it before driving off so it was at 116. Car is amazing, now fully charged (well 80%) and sitting on the drive after a visit to the Newport Pagnell super chargers. Just the best car I've ever driven, period.

oooooooo hope mine is in there somewhere!

First pic, beating the queues at the garage.View attachment 714215

ooooooooooooo looks so good! Can’t wait!

So what was the problem and how did they rectify?
Simply put, the wheel alignment done by Tesla was not done correctly. Kwik Fit believe they hadn’t clamped the wheel accurately so it was showing an error. I can now finally drive the car and it’s a dream!
Glad they sorted it! Thought they should be able to.
Now send the bloody bill to Tesla!
That is my plan, I wonder if they’ll actually pay up though?
I'm pleased you were able to get it fixed, pal. These are phenomenal cars and I want more people to enjoy them - you've had a bad start to yours, and Tesla's quality (and evidently, customer service) is definitely not where it should be. Hope they pay up without much faff.
I wonder if they will pay up, if not I am going to write a huge complaint to Tesla customer services
Thanks for the update mate! Glad it's all good now!
Pleased to see this is fixed, but as someone who’s scheduled to collect from Glasgow this coming Tuesday I’m disappointed that’s the service you received!
Thanks guys! And yep, to be honest the service I’ve had from Glasgow has been ok, but the fact their service supervisor took it for a drive and couldn’t find an error himself is utterly embarrassing. I will not take my car back to a Tesla SC again, and if I do decide to purchase one in the future it will be through their branches in England as the two Scottish sales centres have been nothing short of embarrassing.
Amazing that they managed to get it sorted, but an utter embarrassment on Tesla‘s side for not getting it sorted… expect compensation heading your way for that
Wonder if they will pay for the alignment (£90) or just add some miles on the car. Unsure at the moment

I ordered blue, ended up getting black after accepting cancellation (long story). Really happy with it though- fired up autopilot after it had calibrated on the way home from Manchester to York and it blew me away.

Only downside was picking up with 23% battery - had to drive straight to a charger to get enough charge to make it home. But good to get (and make a mistake with) my first charging experience.

Made a quick vlog of my journey and collection experience. Not looking for likes/subscribes but happy to share!

So I picked up my SR+ today, pick up was booked for 10:30, got there at 10am and had the car signed over to me at 10:14, took all of 5 minutes.
Car was showing in my app and I had my miles.
There was an accident outside of the business park that prevented me from leaving straight away, but that's ok, I took the time to have a look over the car and could find no fault whatsoever.
it had 89% SOC and 7 miles on the clock.
I decided to drive to the nearest supercharger (Washington), give it a go. 8 stalls and about 6 were being used. Pleasant charging experience and then drove home, about 15 miles from the supercharger. I just want to drive it everywhere.

Now for some pics.
DSC_0071-sky.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0085.jpg
    DSC_0085.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 37
Wow, the grey looks great when it’s shiny!

How early did you pick it up? Mine’s booked for 12 on Thursday at bluewater and we’d like to get it early if possible, to get back to our daughter in Norwich.
We were booked in at 2pm but we was there at 12 and they just let me have it.

Love the way it changes colours depending on the lighting.

I have a question though how do i get charged for super charging I haven't linked my bank details to anything but I was able to use a super charging station today?

I also can't get the visualization thing to work. Says something about the cameras neededing to collaborate. Might need to log that if no joy tomorrow.

Reactions: teaston
We were booked in at 2pm but we was there at 12 and they just let me have it.

Love the way it changes colours depending on the lighting.

I have a question though how do i get charged for super charging I haven't linked my bank details to anything but I was able to use a super charging station today?

I also can't get the visualization thing to work. Says something about the cameras neededing to collaborate. Might need to log that if no joy tomorrow.
Figured out the charging payment. Had to go to charging in my tesla account and update my account details from the credit card I paid my deposit with over to my debit card.

Reactions: moodel_tree
So I picked up my SR+ today, pick up was booked for 10:30, got there at 10am and had the car signed over to me at 10:14, took all of 5 minutes.
Car was showing in my app and I had my miles.
There was an accident outside of the business park that prevented me from leaving straight away, but that's ok, I took the time to have a look over the car and could find no fault whatsoever.
it had 89% SOC and 7 miles on the clock.
I decided to drive to the nearest supercharger (Washington), give it a go. 8 stalls and about 6 were being used. Pleasant charging experience and then drove home, about 15 miles from the supercharger. I just want to drive it everywhere.

Now for some pics.
View attachment 714299

that’s one sexy beast!

Reactions: Magstauk
I ordered blue, ended up getting black after accepting cancellation (long story). Really happy with it though- fired up autopilot after it had calibrated on the way home from Manchester to York and it blew me away.

Only downside was picking up with 23% battery - had to drive straight to a charger to get enough charge to make it home. But good to get (and make a mistake with) my first charging experience.

Made a quick vlog of my journey and collection experience. Not looking for likes/subscribes but happy to share!

Great video mate!

I am sooo excited to drive tomorrow, going on a 200 mile road trip to the West Coast of Scotland and now the steering issues are sorted I am buzzing!! I LOVE this car!