Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ps.. anyone noticed how loud the Tesla is sometimes?! Just finished a supercharging session and boy it’s loud as I sit in the car writing this

Yeah mine is pretty loud when supercharging as well. Also , noticed sometimes loud fan noise from the frunk area when on park , it was a hot day today... funny it doesn't make enough noise when on the road, already a few incidents pedestrians walking out cos they didn't notice me!

That's not correct! It's based on how much charge the BMS thinks you've got based on a particular wh/mile (something like 235 wh/mile) so 77 kwhr / .235 = 327 miles
As you battery ages this range will drop accordingly.
It looks like you’re right, Tesla do it differently to other EV car manufacturers!

So it looks like the estimated range is based on the EPA rating (354 miles for the LR) then other factors such as the wheels can make it lower, such as the 19” wheels on Seed’s car.

Reactions: Seeds369
How long has everyone's new model 3 taken to get an update? I collected mine yetserday, and as yet it's still on 2021.3.107. I don't have great WiFi signal, so debating letting my friend keep it over night. Is it usually updated pretty soon after collection, or is there a long wait?

So it looks like the estimated range is based on the EPA rating (354 miles for the LR)
I believe it is estimated on an EPA figure - although there isn't an official EPA figure for the MiC LR. The 354 mile range in the US is for vehicles with the Panasonic battery pack, not the LG one the UK gets (which has around 20 miles less range (360 miles WLTP vs 381 miles WLTP).

I believe it is estimated on an EPA figure - although there isn't an official EPA figure for the MiC LR. The 354 mile range in the US is for vehicles with the Panasonic battery pack, not the LG one the UK gets (which has around 20 miles less range (360 miles WLTP vs 381 miles WLTP).
That makes sense then, Seed’s estimated range is the EPA rating for the LG battery, and the wheels haven’t been taken into account.

Reactions: Seeds369
How long has everyone's new model 3 taken to get an update? I collected mine yetserday, and as yet it's still on 2021.3.107. I don't have great WiFi signal, so debating letting my friend keep it over night. Is it usually updated pretty soon after collection, or is there a long wait?
You only need Wi-Fi to perform the update. The check for an update can be done by the car via the onboard LTE connection.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Yeah mine is pretty loud when supercharging as well. Also , noticed sometimes loud fan noise from the frunk area when on park , it was a hot day today... funny it doesn't make enough noise when on the road, already a few incidents pedestrians walking out cos they didn't notice me!
I’m the exact same when in park!! Mental how many folk I’ve almost run over too. Thank god for TeslaCam so we don’t get done for murder 10000 times 😂

What section are you logging this under? Exterior doesn’t show any possible options for Paintwork.

ps.. anyone noticed how loud the Tesla is sometimes?! Just finished a supercharging session and boy it’s loud as I sit in the car writing this
That’ll be the heat pump, cooling the batteries. Apparently Tesla might put a cover with sound insulation around the heat pump on future cars.

Did a road trip today to the west coast of Scotland and back, and what a breeze in this car.
Autopilot for 90% of the journey, and barring a stop to check the stone chip (right in the middle of the bonnet ffs!), it was a doddle.
No phantom braking incidents, autopilot managed to navigate round some sharp ish bends, and the experience was class.
Driving from Glasgow to London next weekend for another trip and this will be easy with the M3, I just hope we get nice weather between so I can give Raven a wash... looks unlikely though!

I love this car!

It calculates it based on your driving style and journey type, just like an ICE car does.
Ah so the more aggressive you drive the less range it will predict and the more driving miss Daisy you are the more miles it’ll predict. My wife and 6yr old are struggling with how fast it is and keep telling me off because they can see the speedometer on the screen 😃 need to get out by myself for a run.

Did a road trip today to the west coast of Scotland and back, and what a breeze in this car.
Autopilot for 90% of the journey, and barring a stop to check the stone chip (right in the middle of the bonnet ffs!), it was a doddle.
No phantom braking incidents, autopilot managed to navigate round some sharp ish bends, and the experience was class.
Driving from Glasgow to London next weekend for another trip and this will be easy with the M3, I just hope we get nice weather between so I can give Raven a wash... looks unlikely though!

I love this car!
Hey

sounds like fun, what settings did you have the autopilot on. Have you tried madmax man it’s aggressive and a bit unnerving when you are not in control 😃

You only need Wi-Fi to perform the update. The check for an update can be done by the car via the onboard LTE connection.
Thanks sparky. I heard that, but mine is still staying that I'm on the latest version whenever I check via LTE/WIFI. But I know it isn't. Is there anyway of forcing the car to download the latest version (my version 2021.3.107 is a January update, I believe)?

Reactions: Magstauk
Thanks sparky. I heard that, but mine is still staying that I'm on the latest version whenever I check via LTE/WIFI. But I know it isn't. Is there anyway of forcing the car to download the latest version (my version 2021.3.107 is a January update, I believe)?
I’m on the same update as you mate, picked my car up on Saturday. I believe you can’t force it. Just a waiting game, updates get pushed out in batches instead of all at once