Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my car from the Leicester Space Centre.

Trade-in only required a signature and handover of keys and documents.

Wireless charger present and working correctly on both sides. USC-C ports all there too.
No panel gaps or paint defects that I could see.
The phone app was up-and-running within 5 minutes and authorised as a key without any hassle. Strangely, it does have my car listed twice. Probably just a glich that should correct itself??

Only issue I had was getting out of there. It's a very tight turn to get out with an awkwardly placed kerb. Must've done a 1000-point turn to get out without kerbing my right back wheel!

All-in-all, delighted!

Looks fantastic! Will keep an eye out for you around the shire and give you a wave!

Reactions: PJRose83
78957426-3D50-4307-AE0C-7C0C57A395B0.jpeg

Car has arrived, filthy after being delivered on a trailer but otherwise looks good. Driver was kind enough to point out a few scuffs he’d seen when he collected the car when it was clean which I’ll check after it’s had a quick wash.

6 miles on the clock, 45% charge (150 miles)

Car is missing the USB C ports in the stow away and so doesn’t appear to have wireless charging, which is a shame

Still chuffed though and very much looking forward to the first drive! 😁

View attachment 741928
Car has arrived, filthy after being delivered on a trailer but otherwise looks good. Driver was kind enough to point out a few scuffs he’d seen when he collected the car when it was clean which I’ll check after it’s had a quick wash.

6 miles on the clock, 45% charge (150 miles)

Car is missing the USB C ports in the stow away and so doesn’t appear to have wireless charging, which is a shame

Still chuffed though and very much looking forward to the first drive! 😁
think you're the first person to not get them

Looks fantastic! Will keep an eye out for you around the shire and give you a wave!
I can be found going up and down the A606, A1 and A47 back-and-forth between Oakham and Peterborough most days!

Autopilot calibrated as I joined the A1 this morning. Very impressive. I’ll have to get used to the auto steer as it drifts a bit too close to the edge for me and I kept overriding it! TACC is brilliant!

Scheduled departure is also a handy feature.
It took me a moment both arriving home last night and at work this morning that there’s nothing to ‘turn off’. Still feels a bit alien at the moment.

Will never be able to go back to an ICE car now!

Reactions: Oxstock and Simonix
I can be found going up and down the A606, A1 and A47 back-and-forth between Oakham and Peterborough most days!

Autopilot calibrated as I joined the A1 this morning. Very impressive. I’ll have to get used to the auto steer as it drifts a bit too close to the edge for me and I kept overriding it! TACC is brilliant!

Scheduled departure is also a handy feature.
It took me a moment both arriving home last night and at work this morning that there’s nothing to ‘turn off’. Still feels a bit alien at the moment.

Will never be able to go back to an ICE car now!
Yeah, fantastic cars. Just takes a little adjustment to the way you do motoring!

I Live in Oakham, so will no doubt see you around! So if you see a mad tesla M3 driver flashing his lights, it's me! 😆 Mine is Black, so at this time of year, actually a dark muddy brown! 😂

The new car was perfect, clean no blemishes , panel gaps were spot on, usb and wireless charging all there and working correctly.
Same experience for me - checked around it quickly then (on Monday) and just did another look today and can't find any problems, even that bit where some have reported it not sprayed/coloured. Maybe reading these forums has made me paranoid!

Going to put some Gyeon Q2 LeatherShield on the white seats tomorrow after watching some vids...that should help protect them a bit, but again...paranoid!

Still not used to no engine noise when I turn it on...

@Gazp any chance you can give us some details on your VIN. Or provide last 4 numbers, that way we can see that likely anyone with a model after that base line is likely to have this on collection.

However people seem to have some mad fear of having their VIN shown online when Tesla literally stamp it on show in the windscreen. No problems if you'd rather not!

Your car looks beautiful, shame about the missing ports

I’ll have to get used to the auto steer as it drifts a bit too close to the edge for me and I kept overriding it!
Hah yeah, tried it on Monday evening and it veered to the left...and got paranoid, so tried again in the middle lane...it was just being judgemental about my normal lane position and just adjusted to put me dead centre.

Hoping for a quieter day tomorrow/Friday to go out in daylight and try the fancy features out and trust it a bit more.

Reactions: PJRose83
I’ll have to get used to the auto steer as it drifts a bit too close to the edge for me and I kept overriding it! TACC is brilliant!
Everyone has that at first, we are used to driving further to the right of lanes. If you look at the visualisation you should see that it's dead center. After a short while you'll be used to it.

Also, if you are wondering it will move further out sometimes if passing a wide load in an inside lane.

Guys, the tesla chargers with 2 cables?

Whats the deal there? Use the top or bottom one? Also the tesla with 1 cable.... is that the V3 super chargers? Also, can you press the charging port on the car to open it? and also close it manually? or is it all done automatically?

Sorry having my 21 hours sweats before pickup and dont want to look like a noob.

Reactions: mjmherts
Guys, the tesla chargers with 2 cables?

Whats the deal there? Use the top or bottom one? Also the tesla with 1 cable.... is that the V3 super chargers? Also, can you press the charging port on the car to open it? and also close it manually? or is it all done automatically?

Sorry having my 21 hours sweats before pickup and dont want to look like a noob.

Top one