Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not had mine yet, They deliver the car on Thursday 30th June (2 days away)

Should it be here yet.?
Mine appeared on my account. One of the bottom 3

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-142438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-142438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: busterboy
So when I had some docs from Tesla yesterday, I noticed it said my car has done 30 miles 😳😳
The cars get driven on and off the boats, transporters to final destinations and some shuffling in the car parks/delivery locations. I expect they allow themselves a buffer on the committed delivery mileage listed in the contract. Most will be less than 10 when actually handed over.

Reactions: JOL1 and Kingpopsy
That's great.
All well that ends well except that which ends up with rear damage as has has been reported by a fellow member😱. And it's red!
So we of the red brigade are wondering who has drawn the short on.

We shall see.

In the mean time happy ( electric) motoring.
In other news, Sentry is awesome, had an unexpected visitor today in work......

giphy-downsized.gif

Calling all 2022 Model Y Waiting Room Members:

As I prepare for tonight's pre D Day vigil, I wonder if, as you are such a great bunch, whether we ought to start a new thread along the lines of
"2022 Model Y Post Deliver ownership miscellany."

A thread where we can chat about all things Tesla and some things that aren't. A laissez faire approach where it is impossible to overstretch the thread because the topic is so elastic. And thereby we will also be on hand to provide the benefit of our wisdom, acquired and matured through the white heat our EDD experiences, to the next quarter's class.

What do you say?

Now then....What SWMBO says is " I thought that after tomorrow's D Day that would be it for the forum!)
Sotto voce response from me : "We have hardly started";)
Sounds like a great idea 😊

Reactions: Toblerone
The cars get driven on and off the boats, transporters to final destinations and some shuffling in the car parks/delivery locations. I expect they allow themselves a buffer on the committed delivery mileage listed in the contract. Most will be less than 10 when actually handed over.
And it's a schlepp to the ship ( easy for me to say) from the factory car park. So, I guess six miles is reasonable, end to end.

I'm envious of you not knowing about this thread till the day before your delivery... My obsession of checking in on the daily antics has nearly ended my relationship... and my career.... and my social life.... and my level of concentration... I had better go so I can refresh the page so I don't miss anything

Anyway, good luck with your delivery - I am sure it will turn up as pristine and swirl free!!
If it is of any consolation, my car hasn't arrived yet🥺. I know it's in the forecourt as I called the dealership earlier and a really nice chap there was able to confirm it. Not that I'm stalking tesla or anything. 👀
Whilst I would have been more than happy to pick it up, this couldn't be changed on the day of delivery which is understandable I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️. It's only 30 mins from my house too which doesn't help!!
I remember Christmas eve having a very similar feeling...

Reactions: JOL1 and Jimmyc22
Calling all 2022 Model Y Waiting Room Members:

As I prepare for tonight's pre D Day vigil, I wonder if, as you are such a great bunch, whether we ought to start a new thread along the lines of
"2022 Model Y Post Deliver ownership miscellany."

A thread where we can chat about all things Tesla and some things that aren't. A laissez faire approach where it is impossible to overstretch the thread because the topic is so elastic. And thereby we will also be on hand to provide the benefit of our wisdom, acquired and matured through the white heat our EDD experiences, to the next quarter's class.

What do you say?

Now then....What SWMBO says is " I thought that after tomorrow's D Day that would be it for the forum!)
Sotto voce response from me : "We have hardly started";)
Perhaps we could ask @Frizzy nicely to set this up 😁😇

Sounds like a great idea 😊
T
If it is of any consolation, my car hasn't arrived yet🥺. I know it's in the forecourt as I called the dealership earlier and a really nice chap there was able to confirm it. Not that I'm stalking tesla or anything. 👀
Whilst I would have been more than happy to pick it up, this couldn't be changed on the day of delivery which is understandable I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️. It's only 30 mins from my house too which doesn't help!!
I remember Christmas eve having a very similar feeling...
Oh the cruelty. Cherish your pain! Draw strength from it ... or you can be like me and Jonny Ray; Cry.🥲......🙂

The used car market does fluctuate. Like most markets.

For example, my we buy any car valuation has dropped by around 25/30 percent in a couple of months.

I'm also a bit of a car guy, browse autotrader when I'm bored, etc. Dealer prices for used vehicles have dropped, significantly, recently.

There's plenty of data out there to suggest tesla aren't selling you guys down the river, for example, just look at the average used car price in the UK.

We're living in turbulent times.

Following our discussions a week or so ago regarding a few forum members who experienced Tesla Trade In Valuations dropping significantly....

Try motorway.co.uk for a car valuation.

The final valuation on my car was £2k more than We Buy Any Car, for example, and I didn't even have to leave my house. Might be worth exploring for those who have withdrawn their trade ins and are selling privately (but don't want the hassle).

I do not work for motorway.co.uk by the way 😂 just thought I'd give you all the heads up.

PS. TWO MORE SLEEPS!!! 🖤🥳🚗🔋