Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both the Intel and the AMD chips in two M3 manufactured a week apart. I do not see any difference in loading of Netflix or Youtube on both types AMD and Intel. Perhaps for games will make a difference but I don't use games at all. One thing I wish to test is the actual engine acceleration and compares them as others who have tested found the M3's with the newer AMD processor and E5LD battery having significantly slower acceleration than the vehicles with the Intel processor and E5CD battery as seen in video below:

Maybe he should get the other guy to do the countdown, as a lot of the difference seems to occur as they pull away! 👍

Just found this over on the German site (thanks again @eivissa).

2022 Option Codes.png

Fingers crossed that what I was told yesterday about my M3P being the 'new variant' was true 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: eivissa
I am curious if that also means it has the GPU that the S has. I doubt I'll play games on it, but would be nice to know. May need to wait for a model 3 teardown but the GPU is a separate chip to the CPU
In Europe and depending on your internet connection the difference in speed might not be as visible as in some online-videos. But in the future there might be some functions solely available to the newer chips so in my opinion it's definitely better to have the Ryzen, future-wise.

My M3P was LRW3F7EL0NC47xxxx before I put it on hold due to old variant battery and preferred March delivery for 22 plate.
Probably won't get another EL0N VIN but oh well :)
You know the EL0N variant has the performance of the Plaid, range of the M3LR, but will only charge you for the RWD ;-)

OK so that may not be exactly true, but the EL0N VIN is rather special!

Love the car updates guys. This is absolutely great work. I think it's fair to say that these fresh delivered cars meet expectation, and tick 99% of the boxes. From what I gain is that the rear laminated windows most likely for model Y, not yet on 3, and not to expect USB ports to do much else than charge.

I think this car is an exceptionally equipped one and pretty hard to lament over.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Unfortunately it's a chinese video so we don't know how bad the internet connection was. But still interesting to see. The ryzen is definitely a lot faster than the intel atom
2022 Tesla Model Y & Model 3: NEW AMD Ryzen™ vs OLD Intel Atom®

This video as shown is testing on gaming apps, my personal testing was navigations apps and netflix and youtube which seem to the layman naked eye to perform the same. Im certain as in any computer system, games will work more efficiently with higher processor clock speeds and more system cache memory but I personally have never been a game player but many with children and/or young hearts surely will

Love the car updates guys. This is absolutely great work. I think it's fair to say that these fresh delivered cars meet expectation, and tick 99% of the boxes. From what I gain is that the rear laminated windows most likely for model Y, not yet on 3, and not to expect USB ports to do much else than charge.

I think this car is an exceptionally equipped one and pretty hard to lament over.
Yes I agree, I postponed my delivery from December until the new year just so it would be 2022 registered, had no idea at the time of these upgrades so I consider that a bonus. As to the data ports & gaming, whilst that might be important to some people I'm buying mine to drive not to play games in so it doesnt bother me too much

I am curious if that also means it has the GPU that the S has. I doubt I'll play games on it, but would be nice to know. May need to wait for a model 3 teardown but the GPU is a separate chip to the CPU

the GPU for the Intel Atom variant is onboard the main motherboard but the GPU for the new AMD is a separate board one of the various reasons why it uses more juice and hence less range

Yes I agree, I postponed my delivery from December until the new year just so it would be 2022 registered, had no idea at the time of these upgrades so I consider that a bonus. As to the data ports & gaming, whilst that might be important to some people I'm buying mine to drive not to play games in so it doesnt bother me too much
Tesla over the air updates can be pretty good, so I'm not going to rule out an update at some point to enable the gaming features. Elon personally really likes them, so I'm sure he'll not want these features missing for too long. The caveat being that most likely controller use could be bluetooth enabled. I know the DS4 / PS4 controller etc use bluetooth so isn't out of scope that connectivity will go wireless. It'll be easier to update than recalling 100s thousands of vehicles for hardware swapouts.

In any case, I agree with what you have said. This car is as good as it can get right now, and is certainly the most capable version out there. I'm buying mine to drive, and be a portable home cinema lol 🤪

Reactions: jmhumphreys