Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sooo.. does that mean it's matrix??? what diff does it make (pardon me)?.... and a serious question (while we're all waiting for more photos)... with LED headlights, there is no need for us to "adjust" them for driving on the continent right???... I know that there is a way to manually calibrate the headlights and I *WOULD NOT* want to mess with that!!... especially in the summer anyway where I hardly drive in the dark.... thanks!!!
There is this menu for adjusting headlights…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Toblerone
sooo.. does that mean it's matrix??? what diff does it make (pardon me)?.... and a serious question (while we're all waiting for more photos)... with LED headlights, there is no need for us to "adjust" them for driving on the continent right???... I know that there is a way to manually calibrate the headlights and I *WOULD NOT* want to mess with that!!... especially in the summer anyway where I hardly drive in the dark.... thanks!!!
Yes it means they are Matrix headlights

The Matrix headlights have the ability to cut off segments of the full beam if a car is coming towards you on the other side of the road so they don't get blinded. They are rumored to be discontinued in USA as they haven't made the technology legal on the roads over there so (I assume) Tesla are saving some money on not putting them onto non performance cars over there.

At the moment, it doesn't mean they will be any different that normal headlights in the UK but what it does mean is that Tesla can do an OTA update to make them into fully functioning matrix headlights at some point.

I don't know why but for some reason I have got a bit of a thing about headlights (I think it is because I do a lot of night driving) so I am very pleased to see that the MIC MY is being delivered with Matrix headlights

Yes it means they are Matrix headlights

The Matrix headlights have the ability to cut off segments of the full beam if a car is coming towards you on the other side of the road so they don't get blinded. They are rumored to be discontinued in USA as they haven't made the technology legal on the roads over there so (I assume) Tesla are saving some money on not putting them onto non performance cars over there.

At the moment, it doesn't mean they will be any different that normal headlights in the UK but what it does mean is that Tesla can do an OTA update to make them into fully functioning matrix headlights at some point.

I don't know why but for some reason I have got a bit of a thing about headlights (I think it is because I do a lot of night driving) so I am very pleased to see that the MIC MY is being delivered with Matrix headlights

Thanks for that!!! EXTRA is good.

Do you know if we'll need to adjust the headlight for driving in France (anywhere on the Continent?) OR, does being LED mean it's fine... (as opposed to my old Xenon stuff)

Is there still room in the collection day party for one more? 🙏 I've just booked in collection for mine on Saturday in Staines! 😯🥳

(I had a new inventory car ordered and they removed it from me but I was called out of the blue yesterday and they have found me a replacement!).

Need to sort out loads of suff before Saturday though!
Great to hear a positive outcome for you !

Great to hear a positive outcome for you !
Thanks. Earlier yesterday I had been told it would be August/September in the next shipment. I was ok with that to be honest as I had expected that would be the case.

Then yesterday evening I got another call saying they'd found me a car. I have to pick up in Staines (still haven't figured out the logistics of how I'm going to do that yet, especially with a train strike on!), but apart from that all good and a very pleasant surprise!

I better stop before I bore the arse off you all.

Safe to say I’m happy.
Living vicariously off you until I get mine next Thursday (they're throwing them off the boat at Southampton).... some photos at the super charger in the sun today would be superb!!!.... question (if I may): what is your charge level???... I suppose they would have been charged from the factory...

[EDIT] DUMB question from me.... I can see it plugged in!!!

Super excited for everyone receiving theirs, and great to see the parcel shelf seems to have finally arrived. Hopefully something a bit more substantial than the 3rd party ones we've seen means it'll have some sound isolating qualities. Obviously also hopeful they all (including mine) have one, and it isnt a mixture!