Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just ordered a model 3 using my company’s salary sacrifice using octopus on the 21st then I received a text with my RN number on the 27th, I have a few questions:

What’s the general process and timeline when it comes to getting updates if I’m ordering it that way?

What type of information on the car will I see on my Tesla account? (I know I won’t see it on the app till delivery)

UK plate changes happen in March and September, my predicted delivery based on the website is March, if by some chance it happens before this, will it come with a 22 plate?
If not, is that something I can delay delivery until march about?

What type of information on the car will I see on my Tesla account? (I know I won’t see it on the app till delivery)

UK plate changes happen in March and September, my predicted delivery based on the website is March, if by some chance it happens before this, will it come with a 22 plate?
If not, is that something I can delay delivery until march about?
I see nothing at all in my Tesla account for my lease (company salary sacrifice) car. It does turn up in the app eventually, and it does work with 3rd party services like TeslaFi. Supercharging works correctly using my payment details. I also don't see the acceleration boost upgrade in the app, and I get premium connectivity for 'free' ... both quirks of it being a lease-mobile.

Thanks.

So it would be the same number plate regardless of the delivery date, only way to secure a 22 plate is with the original Tesla text about delivery being dated anytime in March?
The number plate is related to the day of collection so if it was Feb 28th (i.e it arrived earlier) it would be a '71' if you collected it that day, but if you deferred it a day or so it would be a '22'. If you really want a '22' then collection after March 1st is the only way.

The number plate is related to the day of collection so if it was Feb 28th (i.e it arrived earlier) it would be a '71' if you collected it that day, but if you deferred it a day or so it would be a '22'. If you really want a '22' then collection after March 1st is the only way.

I thought once you get the delivery date it also comes with the licence plate number at that point?

I thought once you get the delivery date it also comes with the licence plate number at that point?
This can vary but a rough timeline of communication is 4 to 5 weeks before delivery you get a communication that your order has been matched, and you may get the VIN at that point. 2 weeks before delivery you get a delivery date and one week before you get the reg number.

I see okay, so if I was to deny a potential February delivery, I would most likely miss a car in March and have to wait until the next quarter?
Difficult to say but yes in theory. You will probably find the lease company won’t want a Feb delivery even if you do. But you would be unlikely to get a Feb date given it is a couple of weeks since Tesla pushed out their estimate to March.

There is even a chance that you wont get a March date, Tesla only provide an optimistic estimate.

If I order a M3 P today with estimated March 2022 delivery, what are the chances it will be "2022" spec - AMD Ryzen, rear acoustic glass, upgraded motor + brakes, etc.?
Difficult one to call. Seems US vehicles are now being delivered with the updates so Europe should start getting them too. However if the larger battery in the LR is anything to go by, the UK seems to be the place to use up old stock so we may not get them as quickly as others.

If those changes are important to you then I'd personally wait until we have confirmed deliveries in the UK - place an order now but defer delivered until the next quarter if they don't start appearing in Feb/Early March.

Reactions: sc20
Difficult to say but yes in theory. You will probably find the lease company won’t want a Feb delivery even if you do. But you would be unlikely to get a Feb date given it is a couple of weeks since Tesla pushed out their estimate to March.

There is even a chance that you wont get a March date, Tesla only provide an optimistic estimate.

As ridiculous as I sound I personally hope mine won’t be available until March.

I was reading some earlier delivery threads from the start of this year and people were talking about collection in Jan/Feb based on ordering it around Nov.

Is this a new delivery scheme schedule or is it always changing?

Is this a new delivery scheme schedule or is it always changing?
Tesla are talking about more evenly spaced deliveries, rather than end of quarter pushes, but we have yet to see that. Not sure any ships are being tracked for Jan deliveries to the UK so the standard end of second month (Feb) and third month (March) deliveries seems to be in place for Q1 22.

Reactions: RetiredSideman
Hi, just ordered a M3LR and advised March delivery. How do I check it’s a 2022 model when it arrives and what is the difference?
thanks
There's no such thing as a '2022 model' as Tesla make changes on an incremental basis. Over time they will update/improve what is delivered but there is no easy way to pre-determine exactly what spec you will get. See the current discussions on rear lights etc for an idea of how this works in practice.

Either way, you will get a great car so enjoy the wait.

Hi, just ordered a M3LR and advised March delivery. How do I check it’s a 2022 model when it arrives and what is the difference?
thanks
Actually built in 2022 - the 10th character of the VIN will be N, for 2021 built vehicles it is M.

As HenryT has stated, there isn't an official 2022 model - the rumoured changes coming to Europe vehicles are laminated rear windows (you can easily see two pieces of glass glued together if you look at the edge), lithium ion 12v battery rather than lead-acid (you would have to removed the trim panel under the bonnet to get to see the battery, and a change to the infotainment computer which has an upgraded AMD processor (check via the main screen under car>software>additional information).

There will be likely be two or three further changes during 2022 - the vehicle is constantly evolving.