Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know how reliable the chat operators are, but this is what they had to say when I asked about my Feb delivery being 2022 spec:

View attachment 755560
and laminated glass?

:D

I'm pushing the boat out here!

What about partridge in a pear tree and moon on a stick? I hear they're only part of the premium offering though.

Seriousness though. This is brilliant news. I'd like to have proof of this when cars start to arrive in peoples hands though for peace of mind.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 11.34.05.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 11.34.05.png
    512.7 KB · Views: 88
Interesting that M3 Performance range hasn't changed from 340 miles. Are they keeping the old battery on those?
It was 353 miles with the 82kWh Panasonic battery in 2021. The range was updated to 340 miles for the 79kWh 5L (LG M50) battery sometime in December.

Getting the cat.3 rear motor and LG M50 battery from the MYP was what pushed me to order the M3P. There should be both a step in performance and more consistent power delivery at lower states of charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: sc20
View attachment 755566

Ordered my car at the beginning of December. Gotta wait till March now!
Emma was the least helpful in my experience - also said March to me, but I already have a VIN (and was a November order). She's clearly not checking your account/order, so I reckon that estimate is just based on ordering now. Don't take it too seriously.

Here's a question I just thought of.. IF you want to have mud flaps fitted, does anyone know if Tesla do this for you pre collection, or if you have to book it in post-collection?

I ask, as if it's pre-collection, the fitter / mechanic doing this should be able to inspect the car and confirm if it's full 2022 (before you commit to collection day).

Just had the following message back from my TA...

Thanks for getting in touch – yes I will be able to provide all that info for you. Just checked your account and at the moment your car hasn’t been assigned to the first vessel yet.

I know the first vessel will have a majority of Model Ys in so chances are you will be in the following vessels.

But end of the month we should have the forecast for all Feb deliveries –

Thanks
hmm. you have your VIN in source, right?
I wonder what to do, as I need to inform my employer by end of the next week.

Here's a question I just thought of.. IF you want to have mud flaps fitted, does anyone know if Tesla do this for you pre collection, or if you have to book it in post-collection?

I ask, as if it's pre-collection, the fitter / mechanic doing this should be able to inspect the car and confirm if it's full 2022 (before you commit to collection day).

They were supplied fitted with my car in December 2020, that was just around the time they started giving them away with the cars - prior to that you had to purchase them as accessories.

Someone involved directly with your delivery should call you in the week leading up to collection, you can always ask them. This is Tesla, what they did yesterday may not be the same as what they do tomorrow ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77
I received my RN number 31st of December and i have just spoke to tesla (chasing up when delivery will be) and they said in the next 2 weeks we will be contacted and he thinks delivery is MID Feb. I have been "assigned a car" Car is in transit so I assume on a boat! Fingers crossed.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77