Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so esure say I can suspend the insurance and keep it ticking over. They specifically have a mode for ‘buying a new car soon’. So i can pause it next week and then resume with a different car when it arrives. They’ll then apply any adjustment for the new car to carry to the end of the year, and refund the period I didn’t need cover. Not bad

so esure say I can suspend the insurance and keep it ticking over. They specifically have a mode for ‘buying a new car soon’. So i can pause it next week and then resume with a different car when it arrives. They’ll then apply any adjustment for the new car to carry to the end of the year, and refund the period I didn’t need cover. Not bad
That's what mine did - Direct Line at the time.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Just to understand the process abit more, so the licence plates don’t get fixed on the car until delivery?

The text that tells you the licence plates pre the 1st is preliminary and if able to defer until the 1st then the new number gets stamped on the day?
When you get a delivery date come through you need to confirm it or speak to Tesla and try and move it back a few days if you cannot accept that day - this is before a reg is allocated and a plate made. Normally they allow up to a week from the date they initially give you - any more than that and the vehicle gets reallocate and you wait for the next match (which could be several weeks away).

Your reg is normally allocated 1 to 2 weeks before delivery - the plate is put on in Southampton or later at the local centre after delivery is confirmed.

If they allow you to delay over the month end then they would allocate you a plate from their 22 pool of addresses they have and register it with the DVLA on the day of collection.

Morning all.

Anyone with a M3RWD on order been allocated a VIN and/or received notification from Tesla that your vehicle is on the way?

I placed my order with Tesla and received my RN on 10-Dec but haven’t heard anything since. At the time of order, est delivery was Feb but the TA told me likely Mar.

My trade-in offer expires 12-Feb. Can’t see me getting my vehicle before then. Does anyone have any experience of expiring trade-ins? Will Tesla just generate a new offer?

Thanks.
system asks you to re-enter your odometer reading, then they give you a new offer and you accept it. That is all, don't worry about it.

Apparently Thorpe Park is closed from the end of this month and now Brent Cross seems to be its replacement.

do you know how long for? Thorpe park is easy for my wife to drop me off on her way to work. Brent Cross is a total PITA to get to (I’m in windsor). For collection they offered a choice so I picked Thorpe Park - I picked delivery but it went straight to the collection choice

do you know how long for? Thorpe park is easy for my wife to drop me off on her way to work. Brent Cross is a total PITA to get to (I’m in windsor). For collection they offered a choice so I picked Thorpe Park - I picked delivery but it went straight to the collection choice
Assuming it's subject to the actual opening times of the theme park, then it would be closed until March 25th at least.
Source: Theme Park Opening Times | Thorpe Park Resort

Same for me. I asked live chat and Emma was very unhelpful in simply saying there's no alternative, not even pickup at a Tesla Store. Going to have to just deal with it I think.