Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Member - First post.
Ordered via Vanarama 4 yr lease yesterday (Fri 14th) Performance model 3.
Asked the question with my nearest dealer and got this response.
Not sure if that helps anyone or how accurate the info is.
Cheers, enjoyed reading this thread.

A490BC22-F0BF-4B45-827A-FE5E1A97EDAD_1_201_a.jpeg

Attachments

• C76E7942-67B0-4257-8431-E01A34863B99_1_201_a.jpeg
    C76E7942-67B0-4257-8431-E01A34863B99_1_201_a.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 52
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I've just had a very interesting call from Tesla UK Deliveries Team. I had emailed earlier today to try and clarify some of the discrepancies in info I had been given by different Tesla TAs in the past few days. Here is the latest from the horses mouth...
  • February 22 deliveries to UK are ALL M3LR, M3P and first batches of MY.
  • There are NO M3RWD variants coming to the UK until end of February for March delivery.
  • Unexpectedly, I am listed for a home delivery as Cribbs will not be delivering anything in Q1 due to high volumes and large geographical area covered by the store. Not sure whether this might affect other collection points also.
  • All M3 variants delivered in Q1 will have the full upgrades, including AMD Ryzen processor.
  • All M3RWD variants on order and currently awaiting delivery and VIN assignment should be assigned no later than mid February. I have been given an estimate of early March delivery as I ordered in November.
Hope this helps some of you out there. I pushed with numerous questions, but answers were not hard to get. He was quite willing to provide a comprehensive update for me. I guess this might be disappointing for some and good for others depending on your patience levels and other factors. I happier that at least I have confidence in the actual position and can now plan accordingly.

That's all for now!

Last edited:
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I've just had a very interesting call from Tesla UK Deliveries Team. I had emailed earlier today to try and clarify some of the discrepancies in info I had been given by different Tesla TAs in the past few days. Here is the latest from the horses mouth...
  • There are NO M3RWD variants coming to the UK until end of February for March delivery.
  • Unexpectedly, I am listed for a home delivery as Cribbs will not be delivering anything in Q1 due to high volumes and large geographical area covered by the store. Not sure whether this might affect other collection points also.
  • All M3 variants delivered in Q1 will have the full upgrades, including AMD Ryzen processor.
  • All M3RWD variants on order and currently awaiting delivery and VIN assignment should be assigned no later than mid February. I have been given an estimate of early March delivery as I ordered in November.
Hope this helps some of you out there. I pushed with numerous questions, but answers were not hard to get. He was quite willing to provide a comprehensive update for me. I guess this might be disappointing for some and good for others depending on your patience levels and other factors. I happier that at least I have confidence in the actual position and can now plan accordingly.

That's all for now!

• All M3RWD variants on order and currently awaiting delivery and VIN assignment should be assigned no later than mid February. I have been given an estimate of early March as I ordered in November.

That's all for now!

This all sounds good to me, and thanks for posting it!

But… do we believe them? I guess I’m just always suspicious of customer service reps and salespeople working for large corporations. Do they really know what’s going on or do they just say what they think people want to hear? I’ve been told enough rubbish by car salespeople over the years that I’ve known was rubbish even as they were looking me in the eye and saying it to me, that I’m naturally suspicious now. I think unless Elon gives me a call and says “yep, your car definitely has Ryzen” I’m not going to count chickens…

This all sounds good to me, and thanks for posting it!

But… do we believe them? I guess I’m just always suspicious of customer service reps and salespeople working for large corporations. Do they really know what’s going on or do they just say what they think people want to hear? I’ve been told enough rubbish by car salespeople over the years that I’ve known was rubbish even as they were looking me in the eye and saying it to me, that I’m naturally suspicious now. I think unless Elon gives me a call and says “yep, your car definitely has Ryzen” I’m not going to count chickens…
I would normally agree, but I did not tell him that I wanted the car in February, just that I would appreciate knowing whether it would be February or March. If he were just saying what he thought customers wanted to hear, he would have at least hedged his bets for February. He said 100% no chance of delivery in February.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

That's all for now!
Looks like this is correct.. if all upgrades are there, seriously, cannot be arsed th 22 reg plate.
it provides absolutely no added value to the car and I expect to have car for long period (at least 6 years...) and do not think there will be much difference on reg numbers vs tech.

so I would presume that same spec 22 and 71 regs will have more or less same value, as long as it will be identified as "2022 model"

soooo anxious to get the delivery now... :D

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

That's all for now!
Cribbs won’t be delivering a thing in Q1? I wonder what shall be happening with my delivery as I am located to Cribbs and still have and estimated date of 2-16 Feb M3 LR

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

That's all for now!
I am guessing maybe you might be home delivery due to geographical location to Cribbs?

Looks like this is correct.. if all upgrades are there, seriously, cannot be arsed th 22 reg plate.
it provides absolutely no added value to the car and I expect to have car for long period (at least 6 years...) and do not think there will be much difference on reg numbers vs tech.

so I would presume that same spec 22 and 71 regs will have more or less same value, as long as it will be identified as "2022 model"

Agreed! If you traded it in to Tesla in future, they would surely list it in inventory as a "2022 Model 3", and hopefully value it as such.

Since we're in the same boat (quite literally), I confirmed from the chat that my specific vehicle is new spec. I know they're "all" claimed to be new (and thank you @jmhumphreys for that update), but I still had a small doubt that such an early vehicle might be old stock or parts (even partially) - that concern is now put to bed, so I don't need to panic during the wait, and hopefully applies to you too.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 17.12.54.png

I think I would agree if I were in your position. The chap I spoke to didn't seem to hesitate with his answers to my questions and seemed totally happy to fill me in. All updates expected in Q1 deliveries including AMD processor (which I asked him clearly and directly). Other Intel online seems to suggest a transition in updates during Q1 and Q2, but the comment from Tesla today seemed more categoric. I know we probably still have to take some of it cautiously, but he was confident in his answers.

Agreed! If you traded it in to Tesla in future, they would surely list it in inventory as a "2022 Model 3", and hopefully value it as such.

Since we're in the same boat (quite literally), I confirmed from the chat that my specific vehicle is new spec. I know they're "all" claimed to be new (and thank you @jmhumphreys for that update), but I still had a small doubt that such an early vehicle might be old stock or parts (even partially) - that concern is now put to bed, so I don't need to panic during the wait, and hopefully applies to you too.

View attachment 755989
Excellent! Chuffed for you. Very exciting!

The bit about some of the Cribbs cars being delivered to customers rather than for collection is interesting too! Mine is a Cribbs car and when I ordered it only had the option to collect. I haven't had my text with the firm delivery/collection date yet and maybe that's because they're working through which of those cars will be delivered instead? I can only hope anyway! Really keen to get my car by the 21st of Feb at the latest for my trip down to Cornwall 🤞

Reactions: jmhumphreys