Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're being unnecessarily harsh here, Teslas (and BEVs in general) are quite new tech and need special handling during repairs on some occasions.

Even established brands can cause problems if the workshop does not know how to deal with them. I had to have an XJ6 repaired many years ago and the (insurance approved) bodyshop managed to jack it in the wrong place, bending the floor which meant the repair cost considerably more than it should have to someone and I had to wait an additional two weeks to get my car back.

If someone did the same to your Tesla then that could be the end of your battery and probably your car.
Very true

although for validity of Manufacturers Warranty you must have serviced at a Mercedes authorised vendor
No that is not true and would be an illegal practice under the Block Exemption Regulation (BER). An original manufacturer's warranty cannot state that only their main dealer network can service their vehicles to maintain cover.

E53/E55 AMG are high performance V8 AMG vehicles, a high risk vehicle in one of the highest risk categories, not comparable. 1500Eur is quite good depending on age for an AMG vehicle. Lets start closing the chapter on insurance, think its all very crystal clear for all now. Mind you getting back to orders in case some is interested in an early delivery (Immediate delivery I should say):

I received my M3 AWD LRD in Midnight Silver (Grey Metallic) with 19" wheels last month (Dec 2022), have only charged once and it has only 450miles. Have been reassigned by my firm back to our headoffice in USA hence moving shortly and need to sell this M3. This vehicle has both: (1) the data-enabled USB ports in centre console (missing on lastest deliveries and (2) and has the 12-month Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE (while all deliveries now only have 1-month free Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE. If anyone is interested please see the ad on ebay. The vehicle is located in London, UK if anyone wishes to inspect and consider. I shall refund the 100 Tesla deposit to whom ever purchased it.
dunno if you are right here..
my tesla insurance (purchased today from Peugeot) is half the price of that mercedes in the quote and more or less same price I paid 8 years ago for Mazda 6 (05 reg) lol.

Have you checked what is Tesla Model 3 LR insurance group? it's 50.
E53/E55 insurance group is 45

For those of you that will take delivery of an incomplete vehicle without the USB-HUB the following information will be helpful in demanding the better/enhanced USB-HUB which was installed in the 2021 refresh models:

This is the Active Data-enabled HUB that was shipped on 2021 refresh models up to the point the Shortage occurred:
ASY, USB HUB, GEN31755200-00-B

This is the inActive (not Data-enabled) HUB that is being retrofitted on vehicles that were shipped after the Shortage occurred and the user manual for these vehicles states that this is the version which is installed hence Tesla refuses to install the above version. Basically, Tesla is now installing the below which was installed on the pre refresh models which is not Data-enabled and can only be used for charging albeit strangely this version of the Hub has another problem too as it fails to even recognise some brands of charge cables and you will be forced to charge using a USB-C port from the rear of the vehicle:
ASY, USB HUB1656787-30-A

You can still purchase the Data-enabled version from Parts (at a nominal cost) while supplies last and install it your self BUT your vehicle internal configuration setup must be reconfigured by a Tesla Technician with access to the Tesla portal. After reconfiguration, you should ask the Tesla engineer to resend the latest version of the firmware to the vehicle.

Reactions: Mrklaw and yessuz
dunno if you are right here..
my tesla insurance (purchased today from Peugeot) is half the price of that mercedes in the quote and more or less same price I paid 8 years ago for Mazda 6 (05 reg) lol.

Have you checked what is Tesla Model 3 LR insurance group? it's 50.
E53/E55 insurance group is 45

You are correct the E55 AMG is Group 47, the Tesla M3 Performance is 50 and M3 LR under my policy is 48 but save the Insurance Group, only approx 20-30% of insurance vendors refused insuring AMG vehicles while approx 90+% refuse (or issue uneconomical quotes) for the Tesla M3 Long-Range and Performance.

Last edited:
No that is not true and would be an illegal practice under the Block Exemption Regulation (BER). An original manufacturer's warranty cannot state that only their main dealer network can service their vehicles to maintain cover.
It would be nice if someone could take legal action against Mercedes (and Tesla).

Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars UK Limited (MBUK) clearly states that in order to maintain the manufacturer's warranty cover ONLY MBUK and main dealer "authorised" network can service their vehicles otherwise any qualified repair claims under warranty shall not be honored

Tesla Motor Cars Limited officially advised if I import a vehicle from outside the UK territory (namely my Tesla in USA) Tesla UK shall not honour qualified repairs under the vehicle's manufacturers warranty. I haven't checked with Tesla USA whether they would honor Tesla UK's warranty is I had shipped my UK M3 to USA instead of buying another one there though I have a feeling the Tesla USA are more inclined to follow the law and wont bully their customers like Tesla UK does

Last edited:
For those of you that will take delivery of an incomplete vehicle without the USB-HUB the following information will be helpful in demanding the better/enhanced USB-HUB which was installed in the 2021 refresh models:

This is the Active Data-enabled HUB that was shipped on 2021 refresh models up to the point the Shortage occurred:
ASY, USB HUB, GEN31755200-00-B

This is the inActive (not Data-enabled) HUB that is being retrofitted on vehicles that were shipped after the Shortage occurred and the user manual for these vehicles states that this is the version which is installed hence Tesla refuses to install the above version. Basically, Tesla is now installing the below which was installed on the pre refresh models which is not Data-enabled and can only be used for charging albeit strangely this version of the Hub has another problem too as it fails to even recognise some brands of charge cables and you will be forced to charge using a USB-C port from the rear of the vehicle:
ASY, USB HUB1656787-30-A

You can still purchase the Data-enabled version from Parts (at a nominal cost) while supplies last and install it your self BUT your vehicle internal configuration setup must be reconfigured by a Tesla Technician with access to the Tesla portal. After reconfiguration, you should ask the Tesla engineer to resend the latest version of the firmware to the vehicle.

is that for the front USB ports in the centre console? Obviously for the wireless chargers just power is fine but those central ones are the only place practical if you need music or a game controller as I think the glovebox only has one USB-A which I was previously using for dashcam with a T5.

Confirmed that the inventory Model 3 Ps and my VIN are all 352 miles "old variant". Postponing mine until next shipment, maybe March.

I was in contact again today with Tesla. They'd previously confirmed to me that the inventory 352 mile Ps were Intel processor cars but said today that online 340 mile ordered cars have Ryzen, rear double glazing and heated wipers and will definitely be here in March. Lowered suspension is fitted to both 352 & 340 miles. He wouldn't confirm a smaller LG battery but said if I'd read that there was a high probability that it was true.

The issue I've got is it seems that even the 352 mile car won't do 200 miles on a charge which is both a problem and disappointing.

It would be nice if someone could take legal action against Mercedes (and Tesla).

Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars UK Limited (MBUK) clearly states that in order to maintain the manufacturer's warranty cover ONLY MBUK and main dealer "authorised" network can service their vehicles otherwise any qualified repair claims under warranty shall not be honored

Tesla Motor Cars Limited officially advised if I import a vehicle from outside the UK territory (namely my Tesla in USA) Tesla UK shall not honour qualified repairs under the vehicle's manufacturers warranty. I haven't checked with Tesla USA whether they would honor Tesla UK's warranty is I had shipped my UK M3 to USA instead of buying another one there though I have a feeling the Tesla USA are more inclined to follow the law and wont bully their customers like Tesla UK does
MB cannot do that on a new car warranty. They are allowed to on a warranty extension/used car warranty because the consumer has the choice of other warranty products from other companies, so the law doesn't place the same restriction on them.

Unfortunately warranties are limited to a region so legally Tesla don't have to honour a US warranty in the UK. That's the same with consumer goods too, to stop the trade of grey imports. :(

Tesla said today that online 340 mile ordered cars have Ryzen, rear double glazing and heated wipers and will definitely be here in March. Lowered suspension is fitted to both 352 & 340 miles. He wouldn't confirm a smaller LG battery but said if I'd read that there was a high probability that it was true.
Good to hear that lowered suspension is still featured. There is info on the German site ‘confirming’ that the M3 will not get the rear double glazing. The 79.1kW LG M50 battery is the only possible battery option to give 340 miles.

Fingers crossed that the next ones to be assigned have more of the 2022 sub-systems🤞

Anyone else experienced problems with the order/delivery process? Ordered a m3 for March delivery, however we recently saw there was inventory available for accelerated delivery. We agreed we would go for one available rather than wait for an estimated delivery car, I Managed to speak to them and they informed me that it would have to be a completely separate order - cannot change any information over, had to do all the finance, and the steps again. A Few days later they have then told us a delivery date is set without contacting us to discuss, having seen this, sent numerous emails, phone calls just cut off, spoke on live chat and was told nothing they can do. Also had our part exchange on the system well into the second week now and there still saying nothing about it.
They also informed me they won’t move the car to leeds or Manchester, it has to be collected from dartford only - a 500 mile round trip. Anyone else had similar issues and any advice on how to get through to them or am I just having a bad experience,
We have not even had any information on how to pay deposit or what to do. Just told to turn up to an appointment time we cannot make.
Thanks.

is that for the front USB ports in the centre console? Obviously for the wireless chargers just power is fine but those central ones are the only place practical if you need music or a game controller as I think the glovebox only has one USB-A which I was previously using for dashcam with a T5.

That is absolutely correct

May I ask how you arranged the change? Considering doing the same myself but can’t seem to get hold of anyone. Thanks.

Once you call Tesla Delivery Dept on the usual telephone number and request a change in either specification (any) they simply place your details on the system which automatically rematches you to the first car available. You can be magically rematched from within minutes up to 2-months later depending on Tesla's own internal ordering schedule and after the vehicle arrives onboard a vessel if the system can not find a vehicle from unsold inventory already on the ground in the UK or a cancelled order or an order where the financing falls through.

Anyone else experienced problems with the order/delivery process? Ordered a m3 for March delivery, however we recently saw there was inventory available for accelerated delivery. We agreed we would go for one available rather than wait for an estimated delivery car, I Managed to speak to them and they informed me that it would have to be a completely separate order - cannot change any information over, had to do all the finance, and the steps again. A Few days later they have then told us a delivery date is set without contacting us to discuss, having seen this, sent numerous emails, phone calls just cut off, spoke on live chat and was told nothing they can do. Also had our part exchange on the system well into the second week now and there still saying nothing about it.
They also informed me they won’t move the car to leeds or Manchester, it has to be collected from dartford only - a 500 mile round trip. Anyone else had similar issues and any advice on how to get through to them or am I just having a bad experience,
We have not even had any information on how to pay deposit or what to do. Just told to turn up to an appointment time we cannot make.
Thanks.

Their core competance is bullying, its either their way or the highway. In long run, they are truly only shooting themselves in the foot. In a few months, TEsla will be the next Blackberry!

Reactions: ukmy