Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SHouldn't be lucky - shoudl be predictable - annoying thing with Tesla is not knowing exactly what you're buying in advance. Hasn't literally everywhere else in the world already switched last year to 82kwh batteries in the LR?

@yessuz you're going to have to livestream your collection and checking the MCU :)
OK, will stream.

find me on twitch and youtube and sub - not sure which service I will use :D

meanwhile, if you think that insurance is expensive

272106958_454875076270657_4671425230902755201_n.png

this is effectively comprehensive insurance in Lithuania.. excess - 10% of value (if stolen or vandalized) or 116 eur other cases.

meanwhile, if you think that insurance is expensive

View attachment 759948

this is effectively comprehensive insurance in Lithuania.. excess - 10% of value (if stolen or vandalized) or 116 eur other cases.

Now do the same quote for the All Electric EV by Mercedes, Model EQS 450/450+ (rear wheel drive) and EQS 580 AWD priced 90,000/100,000 pounds and 140,000 pounds respectively and you will see the same quote being 50% or less than for the TeslaM3/LR. As Mercedes parts and also After Sales and Support are not restricted to Mercedes Garages although for validity of Manufacturers Warranty you must have serviced at a Mercedes authorised vendor although parts are readily and freely available and the training and equipment process is substantially less then Tesla hence much lower premiums. Having said that, some countries may be high-risk countries in general hence higher premiums.

Now do the same quote for the All Electric EV by Mercedes, Model EQS 450/450+ (rear wheel drive) and EQS 580 AWD priced 90,000/100,000 pounds and 140,000 pounds respectively and you will see the same quote being 50% or less than for the TeslaM3/LR. As Mercedes parts and also After Sales and Support are not restricted to Mercedes Garages although for validity of Manufacturers Warranty you must have serviced at a Mercedes authorised vendor although parts are readily and freely available and the training and equipment process is substantially less then Tesla hence much lower premiums. Having said that, some countries may be high-risk countries in general hence higher premiums.
same country, MB E53 AMG 2021, was insured for 1500eur in 2021

I’m currently in the queue to speak to someone
I finally got through and the lady I spoke to said that my registration hasn't been assigned yet. She said it would probably be assigned by the end of the week, and they send a text when it is assigned.

From what I've read on here, those texts don't seem to be reliable, so I asked her if I could call back next week to get it if the text hasn't arrived by then. She said yes, so I guess that's what I'll do. So I'm standing down on insurance buying for today!

same country, MB E53 AMG 2021, was insured for 1500eur in 2021
E53/E55 AMG are high performance V8 AMG vehicles, a high risk vehicle in one of the highest risk categories, not comparable. 1500Eur is quite good depending on age for an AMG vehicle. Lets start closing the chapter on insurance, think its all very crystal clear for all now. Mind you getting back to orders in case some is interested in an early delivery (Immediate delivery I should say):

I received my M3 AWD LRD in Midnight Silver (Grey Metallic) with 19" wheels last month (Dec 2022), have only charged once and it has only 450miles. Have been reassigned by my firm back to our headoffice in USA hence moving shortly and need to sell this M3. This vehicle has both: (1) the data-enabled USB ports in centre console (missing on lastest deliveries and (2) and has the 12-month Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE (while all deliveries now only have 1-month free Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE. If anyone is interested please see the ad on ebay. The vehicle is located in London, UK if anyone wishes to inspect and consider. I shall refund the 100 Tesla deposit to whom ever purchased it.

I finally got through and the lady I spoke to said that my registration hasn't been assigned yet. She said it would probably be assigned by the end of the week, and they send a text when it is assigned.

From what I've read on here, those texts don't seem to be reliable, so I asked her if I could call back next week to get it if the text hasn't arrived by then. She said yes, so I guess that's what I'll do. So I'm standing down on insurance buying for today!
You can ask Tesla/Delivery (if you have already settled the final payment or your leasing company has) that you wish to receive the final invoice in your TEsla Portal Account, they will send your request to their backoffice/Treasury in Amsterdam to raise the invoice which shall then show your VRN (and VIN number). You may also following the request perform a Control-U on your account's order page for the vehicle, it will open a new tab. Then search for "71" or VIN and if added you will be able to see your assigned VIN and even your Vessel name

You can ask Tesla/Delivery (if you have already settled the final payment or your leasing company has) that you wish to receive the final invoice in your TEsla Portal Account, they will send your request to their backoffice/Treasury in Amsterdam to raise the invoice which shall then show your VRN (and VIN number). You may also following the request perform a Control-U on your account's order page for the vehicle, it will open a new tab. Then search for "71" or VIN and if added you will be able to see your assigned VIN and even your Vessel name
I have the final invoice in my account which shows VIN, but not registration. And for some reason I've never been able to find information like vessel name and suchlike in the source code of my account's page, only the VIN.

I received my M3 AWD LRD in Midnight Silver (Grey Metallic) with 19" wheels last month (Dec 2022), have only charged once and it has only 450miles. Have been reassigned by my firm back to our headoffice in USA hence moving shortly and need to sell this M3. This vehicle has both: (1) the data-enabled USB ports in centre console (missing on lastest deliveries and (2) and has the 12-month Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE (while all deliveries now only have 1-month free Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE. If anyone is interested please see the ad on ebay. The vehicle is located in London, UK if anyone wishes to inspect and consider. I shall refund the 100 Tesla deposit to whom ever purchased it.

I've been watching a number of nearly new M3s on auto trader over the last few weeks. Some are asking more than list even though there are P models available from inventory and RWD & LR available in 6-8 weeks. They don't seem to sell at those prices as they've been there for at least the few weeks I've been looking.

I have the final invoice in my account which shows VIN, but not registration. And for some reason I've never been able to find information like vessel name and suchlike in the source code of my account's page, only the VIN.
Tesla has a funny accounting system, they keep issuing invoices and credit notes all of which look like they are final but they are not until finally they receive the full and final payment, they will only then issue the final invoice after receiving your request otherwise it is only issued after delivery of the vehicle and even then I know several case where they didn't automatically issue the true final invoice until one day the customer demanded it. As I mentioned, they have a very funny accounting system, probably best I not disect the subject as to why. Needless to state if the last document issued on your account reads as a Credit Note and the customer never demanded a final invoice then for accounts purposes their accounts show a credit note and not a sale. Wonder how they benefit from that...

Reactions: AutomaticMan
i cannot find vessel in my source code either.
BUT having in mind that my pick up date scheduled on 8th and there is one ship arriving on 8th (which will be too late to carry my car) and another arrives on 3rd of february (Grande California), means that very educated guess is that grande california is my vehicle carrier.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Tesla as a company pays subsidies to Directline (as its parent Churchill) so that Directline may provide more reasonable premiums so Tesla vehicles can be more affordable otherwise no one in UK would purchase one.
Do you have proof of this? There are other insurance companies that offer competitive rates for Tesla that aren't part of the Direct Line group. I've also had cheaper than the competition insurance from DL on other vehicles that I know for a fact the manufacture isn't subsidising the price.

Subsidising insurance costs isn't the reason for the high purchase price of a Tesla in the UK.

Above does not encompass all AWD EVs, only Tesla AWD EVs and Teslas in General. Dont get me wrong, I am an avid Tesla owner but have learned the facts the hard way, researched them. Tesla due to the horrid lack of after-sales and support infrastructure in place not planning for the volumous sales and entry of the 100s of thousands of new Tesla entry this market yet supported by the same limited after-sales and support infrastructure of its infancy days makes it much more expensive for Insurers to repair Tesla vehicles and they are hindered by the fact that (1) Tesla has monopolised Body repairs to their own workshops hence further increasing cost of Tesla repairs; (2) For none-body repairs Tesla will refuse to sell 90% of the parts of all Tesla vehicle to us the owners, let alone service workshops unless they apply and become Authorised Tesla Service Providers by taking mandatory and lengthy training regiment which is very costly plus each applicant by mandate must purchase a minimum of a large amount of Tesla equipment as part of the Authorisation process. Hence you see that unlike other brand names from BMW, MB, Porsche to Lamborghini, Bentleys and RR which all have a very extensive after-sales and support infrastructure hence much lower repair costs, Tesla repairs are very costly hence 98% of insurers shy away from insuring Tesla's some by quoting existing customers with extremely high premiums which they know the customer well reject

I think you're being unnecessarily harsh here, Teslas (and BEVs in general) are quite new tech and need special handling during repairs on some occasions.

Even established brands can cause problems if the workshop does not know how to deal with them. I had to have an XJ6 repaired many years ago and the (insurance approved) bodyshop managed to jack it in the wrong place, bending the floor which meant the repair cost considerably more than it should have to someone and I had to wait an additional two weeks to get my car back.

If someone did the same to your Tesla then that could be the end of your battery and probably your car.

I've been watching a number of nearly new M3s on auto trader over the last few weeks. Some are asking more than list even though there are P models available from inventory and RWD & LR available in 6-8 weeks. They don't seem to sell at those prices as they've been there for at least the few weeks I've been looking.
My vehicle is listed at 500 under Tesla's sales invoice but you are correct some are asking for premiums and given the market conditions perhaps they can find suitable demand for them (I think). None of the vehicles listed on Tesla's portal are for immediate delivery and when its reads "transit" it means its onroute in the highseas and "north" refers to the destination. There was one this morning reading "north" and when you Control-U the background information it clearly advised it was on the Vessel Hyperian Ray with an ETA early to mid February (don't recall exact date). But the interesting fact about the vehicle was that it had the older version Battery (E5CD) even though it was clearly a 2022 production so there are at minimum a few vehicles that will arrive with the older configuration and not the new E5LD. In 2021 There were two variants delivered, E5D and E5CD. The other issue with new deliveries for some who consider it an issue is that due to shortage until further notice vehicles shall arrive without the front two USB-C ports and front Charge pad that work off of the USB Hub and this part shall be retrofitted later and usually subject to the parts availability they will be retrofitted shortly afterwards. Only problem is Tesla have sneakingly and deviously downgraded the USB Hub from the 2021 Refresh model which was a Data-enabled USB Hub to a Charge only USB Hub which will not support data. There is a forum specifically addressed this but I can tell you from what I have read that the downgrade charge only Hub they are retrofitting doesn't even recognise all brand of charge cables and that can be a problem for someone like where my phone has a thick cover and will not charge in the self charge pad hence need to use a cable and if my vehicle wasn't equipped with the Data-enabled USB which it is, I would be forced to use the rear USB-C ports. Furthermore, my vehicle as one of the last delivered in Dec which came with 12-months free Premium GSM/LTE connectivity and the later productions in December and now in 2022 only came with 1-month. That was also very sneaky of Tesla but then not the first. Lastly, some of the vehicles which you rightfully advised have been advertised for approximately 6-months on Autotrader have been sitting idle for this period and not charged as Dealers owning the vehicles are not aware, Tesla has clearly advised that the Tesla batteries must be continually and regularly charged and leaving them dormand for more than 2-months will degrade their batteries, cells begin to die. Im sure given my vehicle is very recent, has the Data-enabled USB-C ports plus the 12-months complimentary Premium GSM/LTE Connectivity and it is priced less than what I paid Tesla that it will sell soon. If anyone knows anyone looking please feel free to tell them to look on ebay. Many thanks

Do you have proof of this? There are other insurance companies that offer competitive rates for Tesla that aren't part of the Direct Line group. I've also had cheaper than the competition insurance from DL on other vehicles that I know for a fact the manufacture isn't subsidising the price.

Subsidising insurance costs isn't the reason for the high purchase price of a Tesla in the UK.
Okay, I digress if you think your opinion is correct, I shall respect that wholeheartedly but I can assure you I know DirectLine since its inception as it launched the year I moved to the UK from USA and I have insured multiple cars I have owned with them and their rates are usually very good but not always. I have in rare cases found rates that were surprisingly 1/5 of DirectLine's.