Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a fellow leaser - ALD too aren’t you, if I remember correctly? Where are you up to at the minute, when did you place your order and which model?

I was AWD M3, White, White, Aero. Order received by Tesla as per their text on 9th December. Was told early March delivery so I’m hoping to hear a date very soon!?
Getting a little frustrated actually. I am still awaiting a match with EDD from Tesla. I just cannot understand the logic behind the allocation system as I see others with later order dates receiving their EDD already. I ordered 19" wheels on the RWD/White/Black as the website estimated a February delivery for this rather than May for 18". I have just fired-off an email to Tesla to find out what's going on.

Ordered bog standard M3 RWD White/Black/18" on 27th December with initial estimated delivery of May. Blank EDD until this morning where it now shows an Estimated Delivery Date 3rd - 17th March with a VIN hidden away in the source code.
You are lucky!

Ordered the same spec on 26th October and only got EDD as February, with no date window, and no VIN in source.

Surely they can't be that desperate for the extra 2 grand!

Getting a little frustrated actually. I am still awaiting a match with EDD from Tesla. I just cannot understand the logic behind the allocation system as I see others with later order dates receiving their EDD already. I ordered 19" wheels on the RWD/White/Black as the website estimated a February delivery for this rather than May for 18". I have just fired-off an email to Tesla to find out what's going on.
That’s frustrating. When did you place your order?

Ouch. That’s dashed my hopes of hearing a date in the coming days a bit then. I’ll keep you posted if I do though. For early March delivery, as I keep getting promised, I wonder when the latest I should get a delivery date would be for that promise to be kept
Not too much longer really. Shipping from Shanghai to Southampton takes between 3 and 4 weeks depending on whether it stops enroute. There is then up to a week after arrival before it can be delivered. Given the number of cars Giga Shanghai has been churning out in the past week or two, I think they are trying to avoid the quarter-end rush. Who knows really. I'll post on here if I get any clarity from the deliveries team.

Great news. just got off the phone from Tesla.
1- All m3 orders placed in Dec will definitely be getting fulfilled by March.
2- The advisor confirmed that March 22 batch will have the more responsive amd chip. ☺️

Looking forward to it even more now.
Great news! No mention of us stragglers who placed orders earlier (October and November) I suppose??

Reactions: Cantonalegod
Seeing as I'm the one banging the drum for the whole "the Tesla ordering process is great!" side of things on here, just to add that I just received a courtesy phone call from a nice lady at Tesla to check everything is still ok with me for my Friday collection, that I didn't have any last minute questions for Tesla, etc. She also told me that my car is currently on 70% state of charge, and asked if I wanted information about where the nearest superchargers are. I said with a Long Range at 70% I could get from the collection location to home and back again a fair few times before I'd need to worry!

I think it's been great! With all these courtesy chauffeurs and courtesy phone calls I feel like I'm flying somewhere first class... 😄 Never ever been treated as nicely as this by traditional car dealers.

Seeing as I'm the one banging the drum for the whole "the Tesla ordering process is great!" side of things on here, just to add that I just received a courtesy phone call from a nice lady at Tesla to check everything is still ok with me for my Friday collection, that I didn't have any last minute questions for Tesla, etc. She also told me that my car is currently on 70% state of charge, and asked if I wanted information about where the nearest superchargers are. I said with a Long Range at 70% I could get from the collection location to home and back again a fair few times before I'd need to worry!

I think it's been great! With all these courtesy chauffeurs and courtesy phone calls I feel like I'm flying somewhere first class... 😄 Never ever been treated as nicely as this by traditional car dealers.
That's great, as I'm collecting on Saturday I'll expect my phone call tomorrow :)

Reactions: AutomaticMan
I ordered my RWD MSM/18" aero's on the 2nd Nov but had it put on hold until the 10th Jan because I wasn't in a rush and wanted a March plate. I just got assigned a VIN (LRW3F7FS4NC5*****) and estimated delivery of 3rd - 17th March.

Just to reiterate, when I spoke to Tesla on the 27th January, they said that "Any Model 3 matched from now should come with the new features including Ryzen and the heated wiper park".

Well that's nice actually!

There were just under 13,000 new M3 registered in UK in Nov+Dec 21, so maybe 13-15,000 M3 in Feb+Mar 22 plus the MY - so could be approaching 18-20,000 total!
That could be up to 500 new Tesla's a day to deliver over Feb/Mar (Mon-Fri) so an awful lot of logistics involved in that. I just hope that my M3 is in there somewhere - I'm still waiting for a VIN. :rolleyes:

I just got assigned a VIN (LRW3F7FS4NC5*****) and estimated delivery of 3rd - 17th March.
My account has been updated today showing delivery estimated 2-16 March.
One and two days ahead of mine. I am assuming that our cars are on the SFL Composer, with ETA at Southampton 23 Feb.

I have fired off an email to my SA to see if I can get the Variant and Version info off the COC. I'd like to know which battery and drive unit is installed.

Where/When are you collecting? (sorry if I missed this earlier).

I got a call too just as I was about to launch the chat to ask how much battery I should expect and she said she can see its 70%. She also offered me an earlier pickup which was very handy so I can drive back to London around 10/11am.

One and two days ahead of mine. I am assuming that our cars are on the SFL Composer, with ETA at Southampton 23 Feb.

I have fired off an email to my SA to see if I can get the Variant and Version info off the COC. I'd like to know which battery and drive unit is installed.
I think SFL composer or Msc Immacolata (which is a suspect ship not confirmed but have a feeling it might be it)

Reactions: jmhumphreys