Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess its both spec and delivery location which has an impact on matching

country yes - although even then only RHD/LHD as you can put cars on the right boats from the factory based on your orders (but I realise there is probably order shaping goign on)

for the UK it shouldn't need further separation - they all come in at Southampton so all collection locations shoudl be pretty equal

its a logic vs reality clash. Logic suggests that for each combo of spec, there woudl be a linear list of people based on when you ordered. So if you ordered RWD/black/black/aero on Dec 1, then you should be matched to a car before someone that ordered the same spec on Dec 10th. But it doesn't always seem to be logical like that

you ordered Nov 27 - so you would expect nobody should have a collection date for your spec yet unless they ordered even earlier - right?
So many people with exact configuration & orders 1.5 months later are having VINs and delivery dates. I am still waiting for "something" for my October 31st order :( I am no too far from London either, so I don't get the logic

Reactions: Mrklaw
Spoke with Davide on Tesla Chat this morning.

How do you begin a chat with them? I can't seem to find the option anywhere on the site or app. I placed an order for a M3 LR but there are so many popping up on inventory I wanted to see if it's possible to change it to one of those. I tried calling but if you choose the sales option on the phone it just says "we'll be in touch blah blah" & cuts you off.

So many people with exact configuration & orders 1.5 months later are having VINs and delivery dates. I am still waiting for "something" for my October 31st order :( I am no too far from London either, so I don't get the logic

I'd be on the phone explaining this calmly and that you've seen other people getting matched to the same spec with much later order dates. Even if they haven't got to you yet, they might be able to dig around and get something updated for you?

country yes - although even then only RHD/LHD as you can put cars on the right boats from the factory based on your orders (but I realise there is probably order shaping goign on)

for the UK it shouldn't need further separation - they all come in at Southampton so all collection locations shoudl be pretty equal
No I dont think so, whilst all collection locations would be equal to start with if someone declines or postpones their collection then that vehicle might already be at or on route to a specific location so then would be matched to another buyer for that location - otherwise they would be moving cars from one location to another all the time

Reactions: Mrklaw
How do you begin a chat with them? I can't seem to find the option anywhere on the site or app. I placed an order for a M3 LR but there are so many popping up on inventory I wanted to see if it's possible to change it to one of those. I tried calling but if you choose the sales option on the phone it just says "we'll be in touch blah blah" & cuts you off.
Go to the orders page for M3 and there should be a chat icon appear somewhere on your screen (exactly where depends on what sort of device you have). It is not there all the time though, so you may have to persevere a little and hang around refreshing the page if it is not there immediately. I accessed via a laptop PC this morning and it appeared in the bottom left, but I have accessed via a tablet before and it appeared bottom right :) Hope that helpd.

I feel your pain. I have the same with RWD/White/Black - although whilst I was told ordering with 19" wheels would be quicker all I have seen so far is others with the basic 18" wheels getting their EDD (even having order after me). I don't begrudge any of them, I'm happy for them, but it is frustrating as there must be some logic buried in the allocations system somewhere, it's just nobody seems to know what the logic is 😂

• Funny
Reactions: MoSkeeto
Go to the orders page for M3 and there should be a chat icon appear somewhere on your screen (exactly where depends on what sort of device you have). It is not there all the time though, so you may have to persevere a little and hang around refreshing the page if it is not there immediately. I accessed via a laptop PC this morning and it appeared in the bottom left, but I have accessed via a tablet before and it appeared bottom right :) Hope that helpd.

Thanks, I managed to get it to pop up eventually after some refreshing. Chatted with a very helpful Katy who helped me snag one of the inventory cars. She said expect collection towards end of the month. Won't be a 22 plate but I'm not too bothered about that. Confirmed the car does have Ryzen & new 16v battery though, which is what I was holding the new order for.

Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround!

Edit: Now the car is gone from the inventory list... It was the only LR Midnight Silver, so didn't want to broadcast I was after it before it was changed over :)

I'd be on the phone explaining this calmly and that you've seen other people getting matched to the same spec with much later order dates. Even if they haven't got to you yet, they might be able to dig around and get something updated for you?
That's what I tried this morning. No joy I'm afraid. The Chat Team just don't have that level of visibility or authorisation. They try to be helpful, but they can't really do anything or even fully explain how the process works! Always worth someone else having a go though I suppose.

Reactions: MoSkeeto
Thanks, I managed to get it to pop up eventually after some refreshing. Chatted with a very helpful Katy who helped me snag one of the inventory cars. She said expect collection towards end of the month. Won't be a 22 plate but I'm not too bothered about that. Confirmed the car does have Ryzen & new 16v battery though, which is what I was holding the new order for.

Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround!

Edit: Now the car is gone from the inventory list... It was the only LR Midnight Silver, so didn't want to broadcast I was after it before it was changed over :)
Nice! Congratulations!!

Reactions: Kansalis and Lofty
No I dont think so, whilst all collection locations would be equal to start with if someone declines or postpones their collection then that vehicle might already be at or on route to a specific location so then would be matched to another buyer for that location - otherwise they would be moving cars from one location to another all the time
I was also told this morning by Davide on Tesla Chat that cars only arrive in inventory when they have failed to match it with all existing customer orders regardless of location. They work through the list in date order (from date of order) and if they get to the end without a match, they upload to inventory.

Phew, they don't mess around when you buy from inventory do they?!

1644332248621.png

I was also told this morning by Davide on Tesla Chat that cars only arrive in inventory when they have failed to match it with all existing customer orders regardless of location. They work through the list in date order (from date of order) and if they get to the end without a match, they upload to inventory.

They want to work on their demand prediction then with so many black LRs popping up

Can I ask someone a huge favor. Mats arrived today for me... but I think the plonkers sent the pre-2021 refresh ones to me.

Can someone get out a tape measure and quickly give me the under trunk, and frunk base dimensions - width and length (narrowest bit on the frunk).

These frunk mats measure 32cm (narrowest point) x 67cm

How annoying lol