Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Info on heated wipers, I think I remember hearing or reading that the heated wiper function will not be available on the car yet, though the car may have the hardware. I believe they suggested it will be released in a later software update, so will not know I guess until the option comes up.
I think it's only a heating element on the windscreen where the wipers park, so should be visible whether you have the hardware or not.

Reactions: fantasmagorica
I just had a very long and interesting chat with Emma, who had to refer my questions to her manager. I simply asked which battery my assigned car has.

To begin with she said it was the 'old variant' but did have the 'new 16v battery and AMD Ryzen'. I asked if the variant was E3LD but she could not see this, only that it was 'old'. Emma then went on to say that it was a unicorn car with the longer range.

I stated that I did not wish to have an old variant with the 352 mile range because I had ordered a vehicle with 340 mile range, as shown on the website since December. I asked when a vehicle with 340 mile range would be available.

After some time Emma said they were not currently available but would be in March. This is where she checked with her manager and came back to say that my vehicle is due to arrive in March and therefore will be the 'new version'. I challenged whether this info was based on delivery date or VIN and she stated that her manager can check the spec based on VIN and that it is the 'latest specification, as currently show in the Design Studio'.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 11.27.54.png
Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 11.27.43.png
Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 11.27.20.png

Last edited:
Could not get to sleep half the might. Woke Up with really stiff neck and shoulders. But all this is nothing as today is the pickup day.

Here we go.
Pickup location: National Space Centre, Leicester, 08.02.2022
Spec: Model 3 LR, MSM with black interior and 18 aero wheels with standard autopilot
Ordered on 29th of December.
Purchase financing method: Tesla Loan
VIN: LRW3F7EK6NC478xxx

Came in the tent at the car park outside NSC. Reps checked my drivers license and off I go! Car was actually still being valeted (last touch upsnwith rags ;)

Now what is most important and all you've been waiting:

- MCU: Ryzen !!!
- Laminated windows: front only
- Heated wipers parking: Do not know - parking location is black, no heating wires visible
- Front USB C: installed, charging only
- SOC at pick-up: 42 %
- Assembly quality (gaps etc): perfect
- Cleanliness: perfect

- Issues with Car: none
View attachment 766309

Other cars there without any visible gaps problems
Fantastic!!! Looks great and good to hear that the whole experience has been so good. Thanks for the pics too - almost makes me wonder if I have chosen the right colour 😂

Reactions: Petetheroadie
Thank you so much =)
Did you actually get the notification beforehand about the reduced range because of the new CPU. Did you need to confirm that in your account?
Because in Germany only some people where notified prior to their pickup date and they had to agree to the new range.
Nope, nothing.
Congratulations. I’m intrigued by the colour of the car on the right of yours in the photo. It doesn’t look like either the MSM grey or the deep blue metallic?
It is MSM nearmy car.
Congrats yessuz!

Yeah as lordoflight, did you have to agree to a different range or spec as I havent heard anything along those lines. Ordered LR about the same time.
nope, nothing.
Thanks for update.

Does it have the extended range?
I am not entirely sure - gonna charge to 80% now and will see.

Spoke with Davide on Tesla Chat this morning. He was very pleasant but not altogether helpful as he was unable to answer my queries fully about allocation and delivery. What he did say was that there were still a huge number of RWDs waiting to be matched this quarter and that they were dealing with something like 500 orders every day! He was confident that my order from November 27th last year would be delivered by the end of March (although he would not be pushed to give any guarantees). Boy do I need to develop more patience. The wait is doing my head in 😂

Spoke with Davide on Tesla Chat this morning. He was very pleasant but not altogether helpful as he was unable to answer my queries fully about allocation and delivery. What he did say was that there were still a huge number of RWDs waiting to be matched this quarter and that they were dealing with something like 500 orders every day! He was confident that my order from November 27th last year would be delivered by the end of March (although he would not be pushed to give any guarantees). Boy do I need to develop more patience. The wait is doing my head in 😂

its a logic vs reality clash. Logic suggests that for each combo of spec, there woudl be a linear list of people based on when you ordered. So if you ordered RWD/black/black/aero on Dec 1, then you should be matched to a car before someone that ordered the same spec on Dec 10th. But it doesn't always seem to be logical like that

you ordered Nov 27 - so you would expect nobody should have a collection date for your spec yet unless they ordered even earlier - right?

Reactions: hairysteve
its a logic vs reality clash. Logic suggests that for each combo of spec, there woudl be a linear list of people based on when you ordered. So if you ordered RWD/black/black/aero on Dec 1, then you should be matched to a car before someone that ordered the same spec on Dec 10th. But it doesn't always seem to be logical like that

you ordered Nov 27 - so you would expect nobody should have a collection date for your spec yet unless they ordered even earlier - right?
I guess its both spec and delivery location which has an impact on matching

Exactly, and when I asked if Davide could explain the allocation process to me, he couldn't saying he didn't have visibility of that part of the system. He said he believes order date and spec play a part, but there is something else in the process he described as checkout completion (I suspect when a leaseco is involved) that adds to the complexity.