Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it was at least until a few weeks ago, after my report many people on different forums replied they have purchased it and either installed them selves or made an appointment and had a Tesla technician install for them, it takes 2-3min to install. A Tesla Technician is still required to reconfigure the vehicle, perhaps they are now refusing to do this due to the logistical nightmare if thousands of customer inundate them with service calls to reconfigure vehicle system firmware. This is the Data-enabled USB Hub part number 1755200-00-B. If you look in the parts catalogue this isnt/wasnt a restricted part meaning public could purchase it. Many parts are marked restricted hence they will not sell to public and only Tesla Authorised service centers may purchase. It only costs 30 pounds. Hopefully the Tesla Dictator hasn't changed the classification of this part to restricted
Wow thanks for the info. Gonna post it in the German forum. We used the same article number and were always declined.

So a quick update as I get topped up:

- No panel gaps, build quality external and internal immaculate. Paint also good.
- Battery 42% (146 miles) when I got into the car. The TA told me it was 614km WLTP battery (he won’t disclose the capacity).
- Ryzen, 12v Li-Ion low capacity battery, rear window not double glazed.
- USB ports not checked (front and back), 128GB stick in glovebox, wireless charging pads work.
- All electrics etc work fine.
- Pax side lumbar support doesn’t seem to exist, it’s a blank whereas the driver side has seat adjustments and lumbar support.
- Very easy walk to the collection point - around 15-18 mins from the Ibis (which is right opposite the train station). Don’t follow the google maps walking directions, that shortcut doesn’t exist, go the longer way through Imperial way. I could walk in through the last plot (I saw a model Y, probably a test drive one but there was security folks around and I didn’t take a photo!)

Will try to pick up more comments if I’ve missed anything. Currently topping up battery at Antelope Retail park that’s not too far from collection point) then off to see some friends down souffff then head home.

Hi All, Newbie here. I am picking up my LR on Friday. I have seen some people suggest charging before car appears in ap. Can someone kindly explain this to me. Would like to take advantage of this obviously. Also are there any pointers to what I should purchase. Seen some members mentions centre console add ins etc. Thanks

Does Ryzen speed up the loading times of the apps? I tried loading YouTube after my test drive but I just gave up because it took so long. If someone could time it that would be pretty sweet

I have both the Intel and the AMD chips in two M3 manufactured a week apart. I do not see any difference in loading of Netflix or Youtube on both types AMD and Intel. Perhaps for games will make a difference but I don't use games at all. One thing I wish to test is the actual engine acceleration and compares them as others who have tested found the M3's with the newer AMD processor and E5LD battery having significantly slower acceleration than the vehicles with the Intel processor and E5CD battery as seen in video below:

I have both the Intel and the AMD chips in two M3 manufactured a week apart. I do not see any difference in loading of Netflix or Youtube on both types AMD and Intel. Perhaps for games will make a difference but I don't use games at all. One thing I wish to test is the actual engine acceleration and compares them as others who have tested found the M3's with the newer AMD processor and E5LD battery having significantly slower acceleration than the vehicles with the Intel processor and E5CD battery as seen in video below:

That's comparing cars with different motors. In the USA that would be 3D1 (performance) vs 3D5 (standard) motor.

In the UK at this time RWD all seem to be coming with the 3D7 which is the Hairpin wound version of the standard motor and will likely perform similar to the 'slower' car in that video.

Reactions: milesr3

That video has been debunked several times since being published. Apparently, the battery condition before running the tests matter. If the vehicle and battery cold prior to it being conditioned all apps and vehicle functions including camera are slower, one will even experience stuttering of images coming from cameras when first starting vehicle when it has not been conditioned for a drive. For those who are not familiar with the term conditioning, in order for Tesla batteries (hence vehicle functions) to perform at their peak performance, the battery should be "conditioned" prior to each drive and each charging episode. To condition, use the mobile app and under the Schedule tab select "precondition" and select the time you intend to use the vehicle. The vehicle's management software shall then automatically schedule and precondition the vehicle prior to that time

thats the SR+/RWD. We know it has a slower 0-60 time, Tesla website says so. I haven't seen any specific comparisons of the new LG 79kwh battery vs previous. as Acceleration boost is available, and the stated 0-60 time is the same (4.2) then I doubt there is a big difference

Reactions: Snowy77 and milesr3

but it does show difference. I saw some other video where app loading times are compared.

but to be fair - I could not care less if netflix load in 5 or 15 seconds.

Reactions: fantasmagorica