Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help, I have a M3 RWD on order as below and spotted one of the exact same spec in Tesla inventory this morning. So started a chat and got it allocated to my RN for Feb 21 - 25 delivery. March is not an issue as number plates do not change in NI (numbering just continues as normal, so 2022 reg is the main thing) and I will be using a cherish plate anyway. However, afterwards I realised that this is a 2021 made car (LRW3F7FR0MC41xxxx) so it 'might' be missing some recent updates! I know these include the Ryzen chip but was the heated steering wheel one of these items? My current car has this and I would not want to lose that (helps in cold weather with a bit of arthritis in my hands). I will go back onto chat and check the spec of this 2021 car but can anybody list what the known recent changes are so that I can run through them on the chat. I might still be happy to accept this 2021 made car.
You were quick off the mark. I didn't even see that. Having said that, I spoke to Tesla who said that ordinarily I could change my order to pick something up quicker from inventory, but because I have ordered as a business lease, I would effectivley have to cancel the agreement/approval and start again. I don't think I want that hassle. I am sure there are posts on here somewhere talking about the specs of 2021 built cars. Would be interested to know myself in case my situation changes.

Are these flurry of Model 3's popping up in the inventory in the last few days 'customer rejects' ? - yesterday they were all only 'black LR' model 3's and just one Red. Today there is grey metallic and more reds too !!! - surely these can't be 'unmatched' cars ! - would be good to get the background behind how cars show up in the inventory if people here are being told their's won't be available to collect until March etc.
Yes, I would be quite sure that they are 'rejects'. A variety of reasons at play I imagine: customers want the 22 plate, these may be 21-built cars (rather than 22 and therefore have lesser spec), customer changing order for upgrades or changes to other variants etc...

So picked up the car from Glasgow.

Luckily I arrived earlier than my slot, which was just as well as it allowed me to check the car before the heavens opened.

Paint, gaps etc all seem fine (wee blemish on passenger rear wheel arch but should buff out).
Ryzen processor fitted.
Not checked battery or rear windows.
Plugged in charging. (See photo for 100% limit - it fluctuates between 350 and 362)

App enabled as soon as I got the car. Also as my order was originally made before 1yr Premium connectivity was removed, I got the email granting 1yr free Premium, and can see expiry of Feb 2023 in the app. :)
Congrats! Looks fabulous!!

Please help, I have a M3 RWD on order as below and spotted one of the exact same spec in Tesla inventory this morning. So started a chat and got it allocated to my RN for Feb 21 - 25 delivery. March is not an issue as number plates do not change in NI (numbering just continues as normal, so 2022 reg is the main thing) and I will be using a cherish plate anyway. However, afterwards I realised that this is a 2021 made car (LRW3F7FR0MC41xxxx) so it 'might' be missing some recent updates! I know these include the Ryzen chip but was the heated steering wheel one of these items? My current car has this and I would not want to lose that (helps in cold weather with a bit of arthritis in my hands). I will go back onto chat and check the spec of this 2021 car but can anybody list what the known recent changes are so that I can run through them on the chat. I might still be happy to accept this 2021 made car.
I am in a similar position with an inventory car I ordered a week ago.

I did eventually get through on the phone to Tesla but the person I spoke to seemed quite ill informed (telling me hardware changes only ever happen in November) and then the phone cut off... Currently still have both cars on order.

Would be very interested if you hear anything about this car. It literally just means it was manufactured on the 2021 side of new years, but your inventory car and mine seem to have the R rather than S motor which all the 2022 RHD custom order Model 3s seem to have. This also isn't what the Q4 unicorns had.

Basically it seems anyone's guess what these cars have..

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Hi Fermanagh would be M3 owner here promised March. Interested in your cherished plate transfer. I kept the plate of my last EV before I sold it (had it since 1986); From what I see I will get the car on an NI plate and then at some stage in the future assign my plate from retention onto it. Tesla not interested in getting involved in the cherished registration I am told. Have you been told different? Thanks

Are people reeeaallly that hung about about having a '22 plate, that they'd defer pick-up because of it!?

Like, I heard that "it could impact value" or some other such excuse, but c'mon, just pick it up and enjoy it NOW! Rather than deferring over a single digit on the plate... Jeez.

(Yes, I'm aware people defer for other (more valid) reasons too but already people have said here that not having a 22 plate could be a reason for deferred pick-ups and therefore uptick in available inventory)

I am in a similar position with an inventory car I ordered a week ago.

I did eventually get through on the phone to Tesla but the person I spoke to seemed quite ill informed (telling me hardware changes only ever happen in November) and then the phone cut off... Currently still have both cars on order.

Would be very interested if you hear anything about this car. It literally just means it was manufactured on the 2021 side of new years, but your inventory car and mine seem to have the R rather than S motor which all the 2022 RHD custom order Model 3s seem to have. This also isn't what the Q4 unicorns had.

Basically it seems anyone's guess what these cars have..
I spoke with Tesla via live chat and over the phone as i was in the same position as you after I swapped my car to one from the inventory and it was a 2021 model. They told me that it was a 2022 spec car but was produced at the back end of 2021.

I’m due to collect the car on the 16th of February so I’ll let you know if it’s got the newer chip and bigger battery.

Reactions: logach
Are people reeeaallly that hung about about having a '22 plate, that they'd defer pick-up because of it!?

Like, I heard that "it could impact value" or some other such excuse, but c'mon, just pick it up and enjoy it NOW! Rather than deferring over a single digit on the plate... Jeez.

(Yes, I'm aware people defer for other (more valid) reasons too but already people have said here that not having a 22 plate could be a reason for deferred pick-ups and therefore uptick in available inventory)
On the flip side, you could say it was a poor decision by Tesla not to delay Feb deliveries and make March the 22 plate pick-up, with the Model Y being centre stage.

absolutely no difference. reverse view camera is very good quality at night
Just researched it, and the UK spec has single reverse, and single fog light. US / Fremont made cars have two due to some regulation on symmetry.. News on me, so one reverse light is standard issue for UK. You might get the odd US made one floating about with two but it absolutely definitely means you're not missing out on some technological advancement if it has just one.

Phew. Googling over, now I can go back to ordering loads of accessories on AliExpress :D

Just researched it, and the UK spec has single reverse, and single fog light. US / Fremont made cars have two due to some regulation on symmetry.. News on me, so one reverse light is standard issue for UK. You might get the odd US made one floating about with two but it absolutely definitely means you're not missing out on some technological advancement if it has just one.

Phew. Googling over, now I can go back to ordering loads of accessories on AliExpress :D
the regulation in US is - they do not need fog lights there.

Therefore all american cars (american made or made specifically for US market), if not fitted from the factory, when imported and registered in Europe, have an bold-on rear fog lights

more or less:
1644417177174.png
1644417259608.png

American cars (for american market), by default, have red turn indicators as well, unless manufacturer installs orange :)

source: one of my cars in the past was imported from USA.