Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying to resist the chat, instead I've been resorting to checking my emails every 5 minutes for an update... it's getting pretty painful... perhaps I'll give in lol.
That is also a very deep rabbit hole. You start doing that and there is no return lol.

I don't have a VIN yet, and I have challenged myself to HOLD OFF anything until WED lunch time. No refreshing, no deliberate 'Tesla' email checking and certainly NO source code snooping 🤣😙

OK maybe at least until 3pm today ;-)

Going through my source code and came across my date of birth which is hideously wrong… strange thing is I don’t remember entering it at any point… anyone else seeing the same or remember adding it?

I’m not sure whether to bring it to their attention as it could have serious implications

Going through my source code and came across my date of birth which is hideously wrong… strange thing is I don’t remember entering it at any point… anyone else seeing the same or remember adding it?

I’m not sure whether to bring it to their attention as it could have serious implications
Are you seeing it as 31/12/1969 as well? Mine looks like this in the source:

dateOfBirthFormatted":"31\/12\/1969",

If so this is the day before the Unix epoch of 01-01-1970. I wouldn't reach too much into it - unix epoch is a typical date used when no date has been given for something.

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
I was just on chat with Davide asking for an update on my order as I still haven't received text. I have probably waited 3-5 minutes before I had response from Davide. I have explained that there are some people on here who placed order after me for same spec M3 and already had update. I have not had text or VIN. He checked and confirmed that my order hasn't been allocated yet but everything is in place for it to happen. He said that at this stage delivery looks like mid to end March, therefore still on schedule for what they estimated at point of order. I have asked how long it takes for car to be delivered after I have received text and he said 3-4 weeks. So I asked if I don't get any update in next 2 weeks I should start panic that my car will not be delivered in March? At this point I was expecting reply along the lines, that it will be delivered and to not worry, but instead I had response " first week of March therefore 3 weeks." So take what you want from that reply. Shall I then panic after 1st week of March??? :rolleyes: this waiting is excruciating.
I’m still waiting for SMS from Davide, which he promised me yesterday.
Haven’t seen the chat button today. Think he’s trying to avoid me!

Are you seeing it as 31/12/1969 as well? Mine looks like this in the source:

dateOfBirthFormatted":"31\/12\/1969",

If so this is the day before the Unix epoch of 01-01-1970. I wouldn't reach too much into it - unix epoch is a typical date used when no date has been given for something.
YES! Thank goodness for that, panic sweats when I considered that this might have affected the finance agreement… 🙌

I’m still waiting for SMS from Davide, which he promised me yesterday.
Haven’t seen the chat button today. Think he’s trying to avoid me!
That final confirmation by text is great, but at least you were matched to your car already and you can sleep more peacefully. But I'm yet to be matched to my M3 and even having dreams at night about it. Going cuckoo 🤣

That final confirmation by text is great, but at least you were matched to your car already and you can sleep more peacefully. But I'm yet to be matched to my M3 and even having dreams at night about it. Going cuckoo 🤣
Success! Finally got through to Emma on the Tesla chat. She sent me the information I wanted.
My VIN is LRW3F7FS9NC505###.
Reg number is going to be GU22 ###.
Should be delivered to me around 15th March.
Arrival in the UK a few days earlier.
Blue RWD 18 Aeros. Ordered 15/12/21.

Ha me to!
I couldn't resist it. I just checked: no VIN on source code still.
I'm checking my source code every few hours. Always same outcome when typed LRW found 0 :confused:

I know this is bit premature, considering that I don't have confirmation text or VIN yet, but just trying use up time whilst waiting for text from Tesla.
Any suggestions on delivery inspection checklist for Model 3? I have checked this forum and couldn't find anything recent only dating back to 2018. With Teslas changing since then, looking for more up to date checklist. I know about common issues with panel gaps (even though recent MIC seems to be really good), paint quality etc, but more in to details so not to miss anything on collection.

Success! Finally got through to Emma on the Tesla chat. She sent me the information I wanted.
Blue RWD 18 Aeros. Ordered 15/12/21

Blue RWD 18 Aeros. Ordered 15/12/21.
You're so lucky! I tried with Davide the other day and he gave me no VIN even though I see it in source code. My VIN LRW3F7FS9NC505### (so same). Last week people received texts with VINs ...504### Wonder how far I am from you but looks like a good sign and that things are moving forward

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I'm checking my source code every few hours. Always same outcome when typed LRW found 0 :confused:

I know this is bit premature, considering that I don't have confirmation text or VIN yet, but just trying use up time whilst waiting for text from Tesla.
Any suggestions on delivery inspection checklist for Model 3? I have checked this forum and couldn't find anything recent only dating back to 2018. With Teslas changing since then, looking for more up to date checklist. I know about common issues with panel gaps (even though recent MIC seems to be really good), paint quality etc, but more in to details so not to miss anything on collection.
Think there's a lot of great resources out there, but after someone linked this to me, I'll think this will be my go to:

That is also a very deep rabbit hole. You start doing that and there is no return lol.

I don't have a VIN yet, and I have challenged myself to HOLD OFF anything until WED lunch time. No refreshing, no deliberate 'Tesla' email checking and certainly NO source code snooping 🤣😙

OK maybe at least until 3pm today ;-)
It's soooooooo haaaaaaaarrrrrrdddd! 🤪

Ok, I'm going to try to hold out until Wednesday morning.... unless the chat icon appears on the tesla configurer page that I keep refreshing every 30 seconds... that doesn't count right? 😁😆😅😂🤣

I've been trying to resist the chat, instead I've been resorting to checking my emails every 5 minutes for an update... it's getting pretty painful... perhaps I'll give in lol.
Yeah, I was the same, but gave up and contacted them on the Chat. They can see a VIN assigned to me in the system and told me I could probably expect to collect the car in the Dublin Tesla store around March 14th 👍

Now the ship tracking gets more interesting!

You're so lucky! I tried with Davide the other day and he gave me no VIN even though I see it in source code. My VIN LRW3F7FS9NC505### (so same). Last week people received texts with VINs ...504### Wonder how far I am from you but looks like a good sign and that things are moving forward
I wonder which ship it’s coming in? RCC Amsterdam or morning clara?
Have you got your Reg aswell? 👍