Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What light there was enabled me to see a number of swirls in the paint on the bonnet and around the door handles which I raised with the Tesla rep on site. Need to raise a Service Request for the paint, should just be a case of a bit of detailing and a polish, nothing too deep.
The car looks fantastic - congratulations!

Have to confess that swirls are my biggest fear with the hasty preparation these cars must get before collection. Will be interesting to hear what they do about the Service Request for paint correction. Otherwise I might have to bust out my DA polisher again...

...totally off-topic (sorry), but this is why the next car I bought with turbine wheels had to be blue.

IMGP0766.JPG

Reactions: Zilla91
The car looks fantastic - congratulations!

Have to confess that swirls are my biggest fear with the hasty preparation these cars must get before collection. Will be interesting to hear what they do about the Service Request for paint correction. Otherwise I might have to bust out my DA polisher again...

...totally off-topic (sorry), but this is why the next car I bought with turbine wheels had to be blue.

View attachment 769415
Must admit I do like the side profile of the P and the grey wheels look great against the blue, I think someone compared the rear quarter flared arches to a 911…don’t think they are wrong, as for the paint will have to see what can be done, pretty sure it will polish out just depends how efficient the service teams are

Reactions: milesr3
Well guys I’m a angry boy tonight as I was due to collect my LR tomorrow but the insurance hasn’t been sorted out buy the insurance brokers my company uses.

I was due to collect it at 10.30 at the Trafford centre so unless they sort something first thing I’ll have to get onto the phone to Tesla first thing.

Has anyone else had anything like this and know if Tesla will allow me to put the collection off until the insurance is sorted? Thanks

Well guys I’m a angry boy tonight as I was due to collect my LR tomorrow but the insurance hasn’t been sorted out buy the insurance brokers my company uses.

I was due to collect it at 10.30 at the Trafford centre so unless they sort something first thing I’ll have to get onto the phone to Tesla first thing.

Has anyone else had anything like this and know if Tesla will allow me to put the collection off until the insurance is sorted? Thanks

If you're desperate and prepared to pay you could arrange short-term insurance from someone like RAC or Aviva - I think you're usually looking at about £100 for a week or £30/day.

This is one place where Tesla's network can let you down, a lot of regular dealers have arrangements to provide a week's instant cover for free in exchange to a referral from some insurance companies.

Picked up my M3P today. Limo service was useful, driver picked us up on time in a Model 3 and provided an overview of the car on the 50 minute journey to Bluewater. For those people collecting their car at Bluewater, it's not the best, in fact, its shite. Poorly lit lower carpark (the photo's don't show how dim it actually is), pretty useless environment to try and check your car over, good luck with getting a signal on your mobile to allow you to setup your mobile app and check out any of the functionality with the car including setting up your mobile phone as a key etc. What light there was enabled me to see a number of swirls in the paint on the bonnet and around the door handles which I raised with the Tesla rep on site. The check in process was painless, provide driving licence and confirm you have your insurance in place. Cars are charged to 30% but their are plenty of superchargers....beware they are not free, 30-70% in 20 minutes costs ~12 pounds, also you sign for your car before checking it over. There was no rush and only 2 other people collecting their car when I was there. The car is superb including the windscreen wipers which were used plenty today as it pretty much tipped it down all day. I test drove a LR and their is a marked difference in the pickup when you floor the P, anyone that has bought one and not been able to test drive, you will not be disappointed. Car home and plugged into PodPoint charger, all works really well, software update installed and new functionality now available. Need to raise a Service Request for the paint, should just be a case of a bit of detailing and a polish, nothing too deep.

Some shots in the car park and a few after the update showing the new windscreen park heating) Yes it came with the new processor, battery etc, only thing it lacked was the rear double glazing but then I don't believe any of the cars in this 1/4 are being shipped with them, unless some of the new Y's prove us wrong.
View attachment 769361View attachment 769362View attachment 769363View attachment 769364View attachment 769365View attachment 769366
Picking up from Bluewater soon, so read with interest. Didn't realize no one was on hand to fix any potential problems.

Picking up from Bluewater soon, so read with interest. Didn't realize no one was on hand to fix any potential problems.
Couple of guys there for “How to questions” and they happily check any issues and raise on their systems, I guess to flag that it was prior to the car being taken away but beyond that no other services. Not sure how long the cars are held at the car park prior to collection and if they actually remove the packing blocks and put carpets in or if that’s done elsewhere, of the whole ordering process I guess this has been the most disappointing but, it was slick but nothing special, the pop up tents at other sites look better prepared

Reactions: Staypuffman
Couple of guys there for “How to questions” and they happily check any issues and raise on their systems, I guess to flag that it was prior to the car being taken away but beyond that no other services. Not sure how long the cars are held at the car park prior to collection and if they actually remove the packing blocks and put carpets in or if that’s done elsewhere, of the whole ordering process I guess this has been the most disappointing but, it was slick but nothing special, the pop up tents at other sites look better prepared
Lovely car, but yeah after all the wait and build up - sounds disappointing. Mine's being delivered so god knows what to expect after being transported a few hundred miles on the back of a transporter!!!

Glasgow collection made me sign before checking as well.
I'll keep that in mind when I collect mine and will see if they'll give me the key cards without signing the acceptance first. I got my collection date and time tonight (12th March), things are feeling real now and the excitement is really starting to build!

Anyone on here with any recent experience of M3 deliveries to Northern Ireland? I’m curious how far in advance of collection you were assigned a VIN. Thanks
I ordered an M3 RWD on 25 Jan with EDD of February, received the vin on 9 Feb (in source) with the EDD date changed to the range of 22 Feb to 8 Mar. Then got the "Book your delivery" SMS late on 11 Feb (after 9pm) and was offered 2nd, 3rd or 4th March at Tesla on Boucher Road. Booked for 3rd March as busy on 2nd. No lease or HP or part exchange involved, but no idea if these factors made any difference. Still waiting for the reg number though.

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
One and two days ahead of mine. I am assuming that our cars are on the SFL Composer, with ETA at Southampton 23 Feb.

I have fired off an email to my SA to see if I can get the Variant and Version info off the COC. I'd like to know which battery and drive unit is installed.
So @CaptainCalm did you receive a delivery text today? I had a "on its way" a day after you so hopefully me and @milesr3 are next!

Cheers - i assume its coming via transporter ?

I'd assume so, yes.

Anyone on here with any recent experience of M3 deliveries to Northern Ireland? I’m curious how far in advance of collection you were assigned a VIN. Thanks

Got my VIN on 4th February, cars due 16th March. Got it from the lease company weirdly enough, not from Tesla but I've had it confirmed.

Reactions: davidnolan3d
I ordered an M3 RWD on 25 Jan with EDD of February, received the vin on 9 Feb (in source) with the EDD date changed to the range of 22 Feb to 8 Mar. Then got the "Book your delivery" SMS late on 11 Feb (after 9pm) and was offered 2nd, 3rd or 4th March at Tesla on Boucher Road. Booked for 3rd March as busy on 2nd. No lease or HP or part exchange involved, but no idea if these factors made any difference. Still waiting for the reg number though.
Appreciate the reply Terry F thanks for that. A faster process for you than most but I suspect the lack of financing hoops has a lot to do with it. By any chance was yours a new vehicle from their existing inventory?

Appreciate the reply Terry F thanks for that. A faster process for you than most but I suspect the lack of financing hoops has a lot to do with it. By any chance was yours a new vehicle from their existing inventory?
Well, bit of a story to that but I have no idea if it made any difference. I spotted a match in inventory (location was South Coast so I assumed it was in Southampton) early on Monday 7 Feb and used 'chat' to get it assigned to my order, so was initially chuffed. Then later that day I get the vin popup and when I check this it is a 2021 made car (vin ends MC413xxx) so I am left wondering if it is a late December model and will it have the various changes. Before I do anything about this, on the 9 Feb the popup tells me the vin has changed so now it ends NC499xxx which is 2022 model and in line with other vins I have seen mentioned recently, and the delivery date changes to the 2 week range 22 Feb to 8 Mar. I have no complaints, the 'process' seems to be working for me. I have no idea if trying to switch to the inventory car triggered something that somehow got me a 'just arrived/arriving' car instead or if the allocation of the newer car was already underway when I spotted the inventory car. The allocation process seems to be a bit of a raffle.

• Informative
Well, bit of a story to that but I have no idea if it made any difference. I spotted a match in inventory (location was South Coast so I assumed it was in Southampton) early on Monday 7 Feb and used 'chat' to get it assigned to my order, so was initially chuffed. Then later that day I get the vin popup and when I check this it is a 2021 made car (vin ends MC413xxx) so I am left wondering if it is a late December model and will it have the various changes. Before I do anything about this, on the 9 Feb the popup tells me the vin has changed so now it ends NC499xxx which is 2022 model and in line with other vins I have seen mentioned recently, and the delivery date changes to the 2 week range 22 Feb to 8 Mar. I have no complaints, the 'process' seems to be working for me. I have no idea if trying to switch to the inventory car triggered something that somehow got me a 'just arrived/arriving' car instead or if the allocation of the newer car was already underway when I spotted the inventory car. The allocation process seems to be a bit of a raffle.
That makes sense and well done getting hold of one that way as the “available inventory” doesn’t stay available for long, enjoy. I’m waiting on a shipment from Shanghai for my RWD ordered in December and still no word. I should get more info over the next couple of weeks but I am wondering at what point in the whole process that NI custom order VINs are assigned. It seems like a black art question!

Last edited: