Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jmhumphreys I am quite invested in your journey as you have been waiting so long… did you receive any update yet? Fingers crossed you’ve got a March date
Hey thanks! No update yet. I'm having to exercise every ounce of self control to stop myself calling or jumping on the chat every day. Really hoping it will be March as it has already slipped from February. Seeing so many other RWDs coming through is giving me hope :)

Hey thanks! No update yet. I'm having to exercise every ounce of self control to stop myself calling or jumping on the chat every day. Really hoping it will be March as it has already slipped from February. Seeing so many other RWDs coming through is giving me hope :)
Hang in there! Only got a delivery date today and I'm sure you will get you're very soon! Tesla seem to be allocating a lot of slots today.

Well after my drama with the insurance yesterday as some of you my have seen I managed to get it sorted this morning and picked my Black M3LR up and I’m in love with it.

The pick up process what super easy and effortless from the Trafford center.

Unfortunately the weather was awful and it was a bit dark and gloomy inside the tent were the cars are in to pick up. The car it’s self was perfect inside with nothing wrong at all but there was a problem with the paintwork. It looks like my 8 year old had washed it with a brush as all the panels had swirl marks on them. I pointed this out to the sales lad and he asked if he could drop me at work wile they fully polished the car. So 3 hours later they dropped the car back off at work but the weather was awful and I couldn’t inspect it.

There were another 3 black cars being collected and there were all exactly the same so hopefully the people picking them up picked it up and got the same treatment as myself.

Overall though I so happy with the car and once the weather gets better I can give the car a good wash and inspect the paintwork, the lad did say if I’m still not happy with it I can take it back and the will have another look at it.

Just received my delivery appointment via email and text for collection on 15th March! Oddly the text said to choose my preferred delivery date, however the email just booked the slot itself with no other options available. I would have preferred it to be on a Friday, however I'm cool with any date really.

Now to book that day off work and sort out the insurance, where the real fun begins! :)

Well mark on chat just told me my lease car ordered 8th feb RWD white aero is due end of March!!

I was told May/June at order and I have an existing lease that can’t go back until June, what to do? Don’t want to miss out on Tesla
You can ask Tesla to suspend your order for a period of time, and you can resume it when you are ready. Basically they won't allocate you a car until you are ready (you will need your RN number). Best to talk with somone from Tesla, go to a showroom and book a test drive, they should be able to help.

Well mark on chat just told me my lease car ordered 8th feb RWD white aero is due end of March!!

I was told May/June at order and I have an existing lease that can’t go back until June, what to do? Don’t want to miss out on Tesla
You can ask Tesla to suspend your order for a period of time, and you can resume it when you are ready. Basically they won't allocate you a car until you are ready (you will need your RN number). Best to talk with somone from Tesla, go to a showroom and book a test drive, they should be able to help.

Just received my delivery appointment via email and text for collection on 15th March! Oddly the text said to choose my preferred delivery date, however the email just booked the slot itself with no other options available. I would have preferred it to be on a Friday, however I'm cool with any date really.

Now to book that day off work and sort out the insurance, where the real fun begins! :)
I had the same happen, but checked back later and it then allowed me to select another date and times.

call them today. Lots of cars getting assigned - see if you can spot anyone with your spec and a later order date. Play dumb and say you’ve had a couple of friends with the same order (but later) get assigned so you’re confused and can they please help?

You’re right, it looks like my delivery appointment that they set has been cancelled, how strange! It’s only letting me choose Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday though, so I might have to contact them to ask if I can pick up on the Friday. 🙂
This happened to me as well. Firstly got the text with the link saying you can choose date. When first clicked, date was already set. Got bit worried as it was a Thursday afternoon which I wouldn’t be able to do. 10 mins later, checked again through the sms link ang now had choice of 3 days. I think Tesla says in their T&Cs you should get 7 days to choose from.

call them today. Lots of cars getting assigned - see if you can spot anyone with your spec and a later order date. Play dumb and say you’ve had a couple of friends with the same order (but later) get assigned so you’re confused and can they please help?
Been there and been doing that for a few weeks now 🤣. I think they probably know my name now and the responses seem to get shorter and shorter. Basically "no news yet. We will contact you soon". I may call them again tomorrow as I am slammed with meetings today 😀 There are definitely others on here ordering RWD/White/Black/18 who are already getting EDDs. My frustration is that I added 19s to get mine sooner and it doesn't seem to have worked. I keep raising this and asking why, but I never get any coherent answers. There is still time before the schedule runs out for March.

Reactions: SparkyM and Mrklaw
Been there and been doing that for a few weeks now 🤣. I think they probably know my name now and the responses seem to get shorter and shorter. Basically "no news yet. We will contact you soon". I may call them again tomorrow as I am slammed with meetings today 😀 There are definitely others on here ordering RWD/White/Black/18 who are already getting EDDs. My frustration is that I added 19s to get mine sooner and it doesn't seem to have worked. I keep raising this and asking why, but I never get any coherent answers. There is still time before the schedule runs out for March.
In case you don't get matched I'm sure there will be a lot of cars in the inventory. There always are, especially at the end of quarter when they're trying to complete all the sales. That was always my plan "B" and I was very close to getting a car at the end of December but decided to wait due to Ryzen etc.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
In case you don't get matched I'm sure there will be a lot of cars in the inventory. There always are, especially at the end of quarter when they're trying to complete all the sales. That was always my plan "B" and I was very close to getting a car at the end of December but decided to wait due to Ryzen etc.

last year I picked mine up at park royal on the 31st. Was a very quick turnaround from order to collection they were definitely cramming them out of the door that day.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Ordered M3P on 16th Jan via Vanarama through LEX (was told likely March delivery 8-12 weeks)
Received confirmation txt from Tesla with order RN number on 17th Jan
Received Vehicle on its way txt - 8th Feb
Received confirmed VIN no by Vanarama via email 9th Feb
Received delivery date txt yesterday (16th Feb) - delivery date is 16th March (2 days before my birthday!!)

Never spoken to anyone on chat etc at all from start to finish. Just watched this forum thread, been some great info on here.