Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please can you post a chat link? Struggling to find the UK chat. Only have the American one.
There isn't a link as it's embedded in the site. The chat bubble will eventually pop up if you refresh the design page or inventory page occasionally. It doesn't come up straight away, you have to be a bit patient & not refresh the page too fast. But I suspect it's only available during working hours, I don't think I've ever seen it in the evening. Also probably only comes up when someone is available, as there's no queue system so timing/luck seems to be a factor. Every time I've used it I've had an almost instant response from someone.

Had my delivery date confirmed as the 9th March On Monday then yesterday I got a text saying my car had failed PDI

I went in to Aberdeen Tesla today and they guy had never seen that before but was going to check

Seems it has sustained damage somewhere on its journey 😩

Now I’m waiting for a new match

that seems surprising for two reasons.
1) it seems early to do PDI if the pickup is March - would still expect it to be on a boat
2) it suggests they do a PDI which is news to many :)

For trade-ins, if you can live without the car for a few weeks, do they let you drop the car off to maintain the value, or can they only do that at point of collection? You’d think if you’re doing finance with them they could apply the value to your balance as a deposit

Ordered in July (yes July) - after holding off twice, finally got a text yesterday for delivery on the 8th March (even though I am more than happy to collect in Southampton). address confirmed by txt today with a link to watch Videos, but all I am getting is error 404. It’s a private lease through Lex, so maybe that’s why? how do I get to watch these videos, and when do I get VIN/REG so I can organise insurance. I’ve asked twice - but txt ignored.
I got that. Try using a different browser. I think edge didn’t work but chrome did - or other way around :)

I had estimated delivery March 2022 and today it changed to March 22 to March 31. Same as yours. I have ordered M3 RWD white/white 18". So finally some progress and glad it didn't went to April, May or June. However I still don't have VIN in source code. But with this change on estimated delivery I reckon I will be getting text around 22nd February with VIN. And mine is collection from Trafford Centre too. So I guess there will be many updates for Trafford Centre orders with same date range.
Looks like us Northerners haven’t been forgotten after all!

Is this a recent change?
Tesla delivery gave me Brent Cross as the collection point a few weeks ago. (Via email)
Also if we have to collect from Bluewater does that mean we get an Essex Registration plate I wonder?

I think *all* the Q1 collections were affected. I picked up last friday and they’d already moved - I was BC but moved to bluewater with no notice. Others too last week with earlier pickups than me.

Basically they normally use Thorpe park during the winter as the park is closed - but that is now getting ready to reopen so Tesla can’t use it. And for some reason BC isn’t ready for them to switch too. No idea why, cock-up their end probably. So as far as I know, *all* BC collections will have been moved to bluewater

I got mine to be picked up from southampton as it was easier on the train for me than bluewater. It was still an LE london plate.

I think *all* the Q1 collections were affected. I picked up last friday and they’d already moved - I was BC but moved to bluewater with no notice. Others too last week with earlier pickups than me.

Basically they normally use Thorpe park during the winter as the park is closed - but that is now getting ready to reopen so Tesla can’t use it. And for some reason BC isn’t ready for them to switch too. No idea why, cock-up their end probably. So as far as I know, *all* BC collections will have been moved to bluewater

I got mine to be picked up from southampton as it was easier on the train for me than bluewater. It was still an LE london plate.
Me too, I’d rather go to Southampton

Tesla delivery gave me Brent Cross as the collection point a few weeks ago. (Via email)
Also if we have to collect from Bluewater does that mean we get an Essex Registration plate I wonder?
My original location was Brent Cross too & I've also been moved to Bluewater. Bluewater is Kent, not Essex (maybe you're thinking of Lakeside). My reg is GD, which is Maidstone, Kent.

Posting here as I don't see an Ireland thread (likely too small market) but wondered if this is normal?

I ordered a MYLR a few weeks ago (I know, late to the game) and at the moment the only thing in the order is "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

I don't see any reference to the date which showed at the time I ordered.

I'm *guessing* that the reason for no date is that I haven't been "matched" to a car yet and perhaps is waiting for either people to drop out (Y/LR/Blue/20") or for new stock to come off the factory floor.

Posting here as I don't see an Ireland thread (likely too small market) but wondered if this is normal?

I ordered a MYLR a few weeks ago (I know, late to the game) and at the moment the only thing in the order is "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

I don't see any reference to the date which showed at the time I ordered.

I'm *guessing* that the reason for no date is that I haven't been "matched" to a car yet and perhaps is waiting for either people to drop out (Y/LR/Blue/20") or for new stock to come off the factory floor.
No, in Ireland it doesn’t show the estimated delivery date till you get a text from Tesla confirming a date. I have a VIN in source code but no date in app or web at all.

I am awaiting model 3 RWD in white for pickup from Trafford also. No dates as yet and no updates. Fingers crossed with people getting news I won’t be far behind you.
Try Tesla chat and see if you can get any update. I was in contact with Davido on chat few days ago and he said that even though I was not matched to my car yet, it will be very likely delivered in second half of March. Now today I have this update on website that estimated delivery is on March 22 - March 31. So maybe he had some info that cars will be delivered in second half for private buyers or north or maybe just coincidence. But he also said that usually when car is matched and VIN confirmed it will be 3-4 weeks to take delivery. So using this information I’m expecting my VIN confirmation next week as that will match estimated delivery. I guess our cars are on ship already and we will start getting texts soon. Have trust in Elon 😂LOL