Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with Tesla today via the chat and it was confirmed to me that the matching of customers and VINs is done when the ship is in transit to its destination. No mention however of what stage in the journey this is shared with the customer however.
They told me that was done when the ship was mid-way and I belive China UK is 30 days so 15 days to UK and 15 days to collection shold get us about 4 weeks notice which measn if You (and I) have not heard anything today then we will not be driving the car before 20th March.

They told me that was done when the ship was mid-way and I belive China UK is 30 days so 15 days to UK and 15 days to collection shold get us about 4 weeks notice which measn if You (and I) have not heard anything today then we will not be driving the car before 20th March.
I think if we were on a level playing field with consistent and transparent rules being applied to allocation, that would be true. HOWEVER, there seem to be many reasons why things don't work out that way, including:
- Spec ordered,
- Date ordered,
- Whether you are buying or leasing (and sometimes which LeaseCo you are ordering through),
- Whether there are any orders that were on hold that effectively jump the queue (and by implication bump you down) when taken off hold,
- Whether any orders get refused/put on hold
- Whether there are any 'commercial' issues that arise during transit

Bottom line is that it is really hard to predict when allocation happens. For some it will be within the first week of shipping and for others it may come very late only giving a week or two notice (especially if you are being matched to a vehicle that has been rejected by another customer late in the process).

So, hang on, it can be a choppy ride 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: iorgosg
Tesla app just asked me to enable Bluetooth and my VIN appeared in the source code! Your theory appears correct!

Tesla app just asked me to enable Bluetooth and my VIN appeared in the source code! Your theory appears correct!
Out of curiosity, what are you searching in source code?

1645530329740.png

My source code isn't being saucy with me :(

Did they give you any time at all to check it? This is what I don’t like about delivery. I am down the road from the Trafford centre and said I would prefer to pick it up, hoping my lease company is ok with this. (No date yet, ordered model 3 RWD STANDARD wheels on 7th Feb)
Just to clarify, this isn’t my experience, it’s a link to a Reddit thread that I found. My company car lease is being delivered on 9th March so I’ll update with my experience then

Reactions: platham