Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd share my experience so far in case
Tesla app just asked me to enable Bluetooth and my VIN appeared in the source code! Your theory appears correct!

Add me to the Bluetooth, and vin club, please.

RWD - White - White interior -Aero

Ordered 10th Feb. August estimated delivery for Newcastle, that switched to March 23rd - March 31st last Thursday.

Spoke on chat to Katy yesterday who told me that despite the March date showing it was most likely to be May, however she did say: 'We will know more once your car has matched', which gave me some hope for March.

Today the Bluetooth permission popped up in the Tesla iOS app. The delivery date changed to March 18th - March 31st, and I have a VIN within the json data on the site.

Starting to feel super excited - But now really unsure if I should be planning for March or May - Especially as I handed over the keys on my ID3 this morning and need to know if I need to buy 4 wheels (banger) or 2 wheels (bike)

..to be honest I was preparing to dig in for a long August wait so either way I'm feeling positive.

Reactions: Staypuffman

Ordered 10th Feb. August estimated delivery for Newcastle, that switched to March 23rd - March 31st last Thursday.

Spoke on chat to Katy yesterday who told me that despite the March date showing it was most likely to be May, however she did say: 'We will know more once your car has matched', which gave me some hope for March.

Today the Bluetooth permission popped up in the Tesla iOS app. The delivery date changed to March 18th - March 31st, and I have a VIN within the json data on the site.

Starting to feel super excited - But now really unsure if I should be planning for March or May - Especially as I handed over the keys on my ID3 this morning and need to know if I need to buy 4 wheels (banger) or 2 wheels (bike)

..to be honest I was preparing to dig in for a long August wait so either way I'm feeling positive.
Additional to this I have noticed a curiosity the property: "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true" - this feels a bit contradictory? Does anyone have any idea what it means if this is true but the VIN is also present?

Reactions: Petetheroadie
I finally have a VIN showing in my leaseco account with estimated delivery showing as April 1st. Hopefully not some kind of sick april fools joke. Tesla told me last week it was March 16th - 31st so assuming leaseco are just using the 1st as the latest date I should have the car.

MYLR white/black/19 ordered Feb 4th.

Base spec RWD/White/Black/Aeros ordered 21st December. Always showed May estimate

Spotted an inventory car early this month, snapped it up, have a 3rd March delivery date and have paid it off in full.
It was built in 2021 with a less efficient motor, but to save up to 3 months of waiting it seemed worth it.

Now this morning the original order (which I didn't cancel in case something like this happened) is showing estimate of March 11-25th with a VIN in the source.
Now it seems reasonable to wait 1-3 weeks for a greater chance of upgrades, and a more efficient motor.

I wonder if I'll get a text to arrange delivery time of the original order soon...
Is it reasonable to cancel the inventory order a week before collection? Is it easy to transfer payment (direct, no lease)?

Choices, choices...

If only I had been patient in the first place 😂

As I predicted on Friday when my estimated delivery date changed from March 2022 to March 22 - March 31, I was expecting some text or VIN in source code this week. This would aligned with 4 weeks delivery date from VIN matching to delivery slot. So I just checked my Tesla account and found VIN in source code.
LRW3F7FS9NC506xxx 😀 Soooooooo happy and now 1 step closer to the delivery date.

I have the same spec and ordered 25th jan with my pendragon lease company.. still not assigned a vin :(

This is a question to those who’s cars have been delivered to their homes by Tesla.
They have said they would send a SMS with a link to track the vehicle bringing the car.
How reliable is this?
I’m planning to go to work on the morning of the delivery and keep looking at the tracking link to see when I need to nip home.
Only work 15 minutes from home.
Or should I need to take the day off?
Then the car arrives around 6pm!
Haven’t got many spare days off this year due to other commitments! 👍

Heya,

I ordered on the 7th Feb, had a March EDD which updated to March 15-29th for a few days last week, now it isn't showing any EDD at all on the site or in the app. Is this something that happens or does it mean there has been some sort of delay somewhere?

M3 RWD Blue/Black/Aeros, picking up from Newcastle. VIN in the source.

Additional to this I have noticed a curiosity the property: "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true" - this feels a bit contradictory? Does anyone have any idea what it means if this is true but the VIN is also present?
Purely speculation, but I'd imagine that's because it's currently only a soft match. I've seen people online saying that sometimes their VIN changes when it's only displayed in the source code.

Purely speculation, but I'd imagine that's because it's currently only a soft match. I've seen people online saying that sometimes their VIN changes when it's only displayed in the source code.
I've had the VIN in source code for 2 weeks and I still have "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin: true". VIN didn't change or anything. Still waiting for a text from Tesla with delivery date.

yep looks familiar !

1645542380525.png

I really should stop snooping at source code, it's not productive to my day job 😁

As I predicted on Friday when my estimated delivery date changed from March 2022 to March 22 - March 31, I was expecting some text or VIN in source code this week. This would aligned with 4 weeks delivery date from VIN matching to delivery slot. So I just checked my Tesla account and found VIN in source code.
LRW3F7FS9NC506xxx 😀 Soooooooo happy and now 1 step closer to the delivery date.
Further to above, I just opened my Tesla app and was asked about Bluetooth activation. So it confirms what others have seen. Good luck to all who are still waiting for VIN. I know it’s easy for me to say since I have VIN in source code but hopefully you will see update on your order soon 🤞

Reactions: Petetheroadie