Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a call regarding a test drive event in Liverpool tomorrow. While on the phone bent the fellas ear about potential delivery and he said I've been assigned vin and looking at the end of March. In all my excitement I didn't even ask for the vin 😂
I didn't get a call but I sent am email this morning asking for an update on their last email promising mid-March and the reply back was 'you've been assigned a car and it will likely be late March' . . . looks like we're on the same boat and no dount we'll likely bump into each other in Manvhester sometime in April!

Hi, been reading this forum for weeks and after a bit of info, ordered my M3 via lease company, ordered in Jan text from Tesla on 1st Feb to give RN, they’ve text me again today to say ‘your vehicle is on the way and will contact me again with a scheduled delivery date’ now I’m wondering has anyone had any experience in how long this will now take after this text to get my EDD? I’m so excited talk about it every day and the wait is just killing me, Katy’s not been too helpful on the Tesla chat as I’ve spoken with her a few times 😂

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Hi, very new to this Tesla ordering process, but having had one for a hire car over the weekend, was extremely impressed. The shipping estimates for M3 and MY seem to be approx August and July respectively. Are these regarded as best-case estimates?

Looking through some posts, it seems some people have to wait a huge amount of time, but a lot recently seems to have had updates quite quick on their cars being shipped. But I may have got the wrong end of the stick. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, very new to this Tesla ordering process, but having had one for a hire car over the weekend, was extremely impressed. The shipping estimates for M3 and MY seem to be approx August and July respectively. Are these regarded as best-case estimates?

Looking through some posts, it seems some people have to wait a huge amount of time, but a lot recently seems to have had updates quite quick on their cars being shipped. But I may have got the wrong end of the stick. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Luck of the draw, I ordered back at the end of November, and within two weeks was offered a vehicle matching my specification. I have a pretty standard one, so likely finding a match was easy at the time, but these days inventory cars go so quick. That would be my first place to look. Get something ordered, then keep checking the inventory until something crops up that takes your fancy. You can snipe it and end up with a vehicle much sooner, if not right away.

Thanks.

they're potentially worst case. Normally the lead time is around a quarter, but just recently they jumped a couple of quarters. Perhaps some production re-planning based on giga berlin/texas coming online, but nobody knows for sure.

if you're flexible on spec you may be able to pick up one by end of March, although at this point that might mean sniping the inventory page

Finally got the text today for my M3LR. No delivery date but ordered just before the dates changed to Aug delivery.

As its a lease, anyone got any recommendations for bits I should spend some money protecting? Have ordered a screen protector but any else you can think of?
I'm not sure how brutal they are at recognising 'wear and tear'.

The rule of thumb is... anything that comes in regular contact with something :D

I gues only you'd know what is likely to be continually fiddled with. For me I just watched some vids on youtube for accessories, and made a small list of all the lightbulb suggestions. I guess ones that are pertinent to maybe you would be a consideration to:

Screen protector (already covered)
Heavy duty interior mats 3D Maxpider or Teslashields as an example
Frunk, trunk, and sub trunk mats possibly an organiser or two to keep things from rattling about scratching up and damaging interior surfaces.
Possibly an insert for the drinks holders, my mrs uses thermos alu drinking bottles, so will be quite abraisive to the plastics without protective insert.
I got rubber door inserts whilst I was poking about in Ali Express, but some people don't bother.
Others got wheel rimguards.. I didn't bother
Others get door entrance protectors, but I didn't bother eithe... the list can go on forever if you don't draw line somewhere.

Probably missed something but this is all that is needed if people treat your car with respect :)

The rule of thumb is... anything that comes in regular contact with something

I'm considering putting some PPF on the key card sensor area in front of the armrest if I can make it look ok. The car I test drove was very scratched there from repeated placing/swiping of the card. Obviously people test driving a car generally take less care with that, but better safe than sorry!

I'm considering putting some PPF on the key card sensor area in front of the armrest if I can make it look ok. The car I test drove was very scratched there from repeated placing/swiping of the card. Obviously people test driving a car generally take less care with that, but better safe than sorry!
The Mrs nailed that with a Christmas present for me!

It's silicone, and won't scratch up any of the surfaces, but also makes it so it won't slide off anywhere when going on to two wheels 😆

• Funny
Reactions: JanF1
Great to see many people getting texts. Not heard anything myself. Ordered standard RWD m3 on 7th of Feb via lease. I’m guessing I won’t necessarily hear anything until then. Been trying to get on chat, but haven’t seen it appear today. Still hoping for a March or April delivery, wait and silence is killing me. When I ordered it said estimated March, but I think that changed the next afternoon/evening.

Are you not planning on using your phone as the key for the most part? How often will the key card actually be used? Apologies if I’m missing something.