Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you in the small violin club, had you had the text saying your car was on the way or a delivery date confirmed that they have no delayed or have you been waiting for anything at all from them and now been given a delayed time?
No text at my end - just the date in the app/my account a couple of weeks ago, which suddenly changed last week but I was told not to worry as I was still due for March delivery. Then the sudden change in date over the weekend. The same as @Snowy77

I think my initial frustrations an anxiety was due to not knowing the nailed on date range (having been told conflicting information). Now that I know it is going to be May-June I can move on and forget about it until then. In the mean time I can enjoy my current 0-60 in a brutal 3seconds for a bit longer 😄

Reactions: Spottytiger
I like the look of the TeslaShields to, but the

Got some sad news, I just spoke to Tesla and indeed my 21st march pick up has been dropkicked to Q2. My preparedness now is just going to haunt me for another month. So guys looks like if you haven't had VINS and expecting a March delivery, you can join me in the small violin club :(

Got to modify my signature now, with a heavy heart!
When did you order your Tesla?

No text at my end - just the date in the app/my account a couple of weeks ago, which suddenly changed last week but I was told not to worry as I was still due for March delivery. Then the sudden change in date over the weekend. The same as @Snowy77

I think my initial frustrations an anxiety was due to not knowing the nailed on date range (having been told conflicting information). Now that I know it is going to be May-June I can move on and forget about it until then. In the mean time I can enjoy my current 0-60 in a brutal 3seconds for a bit longer 😄
Interesting that you are moving from the M3P to LR - would you care to elaborate on the reasons. For me I went for the LR as the performance was not a requirement and I wanted the softer ride of the smaller wheels

Paid pretty much straight away (Didn't want to stare at the invoice and talk myself out of spending all that money). And for your next question the answer is :) . You can split the payments into as many transactions as you want. Tesla use Citibank which will not be recognised by your bank when you send the first transaction. You will receive a random text with bank details and it will also be on your invoice (trust no one) send a nominal amount and then check your tesla portal if the money has gone to the correct account you will see this deducted of of the total to pay (at that point you will have some confidence that you are not funding some criminals next holiday home) I would still suggest sending the remainder over in manageable amounts over the space of a few days (I would rather lose 10k than 60K). After that your balance should be at zero and you will get a remittance note about a week later
Oh I see. I received an invoice saying to wire the money to tesla account with account details
included and then email proof in form of a receipt or screenshot to "[email protected]" Also did you go to your bank or done online?

that is very unfortunate. did they give you a reason. what spec did you order? fingers crossed they allocate a car to you soon. tesla is weird. they might text you all of a sudden and tell you that your car is on its way
Just a standard white with black interior M3 Long range. Nothing quirky.

BUT I did have a match hold in place to allocate a car to me >15th March due to me being away on business. My vehicle should have been arriving in Southampton mid-march, but what might have happened is that too many others deferred to having a March delivery for the new plates. Likely others were in line for allocation before me and fulfilled first.

You're right, there's a better than no chance of something falling through, which may reallocate in my direction... But it's a bit of luck if it happens. Otherwise I'm good, I'm ok to wait in line. I might spoil myself with both the EAP and acceleration boost when I finally get it.. After all, it does give me TWO more pay days to hide some money away for ;)😆

what else do people partition their tesla stick for apart from camera footage and music?
does it accept mp4 video?
That's it.
Officially no, some people have taken MP4 videos and placed in the camera folder to fool that car into thinking it is replaying a Dashcam video - not sure if that still works but it's poor solution and pretty pointless IMO.

• Helpful
Reactions: iorgosg
Can I ask what reg you didn't like? :D What did you say? Nah don't like it can I have another? That's brilliant news though, sincere grats and as usual custom, cannot wait for some snaps! Well done !
The last three letters suggested a word I didn't want on my car (very particular given my line of work). Just said I don't like it and asked to change it. They said yes. Ould run a competition for guesses on the last three letters, but probably best not to 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: iorgosg and Snowy77
wait you can get a heads up on the arrival of new inventory through Telegram.. what is this magic thing??
Yes. It's amazing and seems like the only way to stand a chance of grabbing anything from inventory. There is a link in this thread somewhere to the Telegram thread. If I can find it again, I'll post it here. I can definitely recommend it to stay ahead of the game as it notifies you from the Web source data before it becomes publicly visible. A great trick!!!

EDIT: Here is the link Tesla UK New Inventory

Last edited:
Reactions: znafgaz
Interesting that you are moving from the M3P to LR - would you care to elaborate on the reasons. For me I went for the LR as the performance was not a requirement and I wanted the softer ride of the smaller wheels
I have scratched the performance itch now. Although the car is faster than most cars on the road (save for the true supercars and the Model S madness), I just don't use that kind of speed often anymore. I used to put my foot down a little at the lights when I had some petrol head next to me wanting to be foolish.
I mean even the 4seconds the LR does is pretty rapid and faster than most cars plus we get slightly more range from the battery.

Also - it isn't costing me anything to move to a brand new car (the deposit will be covered by the excess equity in my M3P), AND my monthly payments are significantly lower.

Brand new car with refreshed interior, updated features (auto tailgate, wireless phone charging, etc), longer range, better build quality (China v Fremont where my M3P came from in 2019), new warranty, and no worries about MOT for another 4 years - all for less than what I am paying now and no additional money out of my own pocket - as an accountant, this is the perfect storm 😉