Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have scratched the performance itch now. Although the car is faster than most cars on the road (save for the true supercars and the Model S madness), I just don't use that kind of speed often anymore. I used to put my foot down a little at the lights when I had some petrol head next to me wanting to be foolish.
I mean even the 4seconds the LR does is pretty rapid and faster than most cars plus we get slightly more range from the battery.

Also - it isn't costing me anything to move to a brand new car (the deposit will be covered by the excess equity in my M3P), AND my monthly payments are significantly lower.

Brand new car with refreshed interior, updated features (auto tailgate, wireless phone charging, etc), longer range, better build quality (China v Fremont where my M3P came from in 2019), new warranty, and no worries about MOT for another 4 years - all for less than what I am paying now and no additional money out of my own pocket - as an accountant, this is the perfect storm 😉
agreed its a perfect move - I test drove the M3P and whilst it was exillarating I dont think I would use the power. Now I have my LR I recon its the fastest car I've ever owned and more than enough speed for me

Reactions: TM3PTN
I like the look of the TeslaShields to, but the

Got some sad news, I just spoke to Tesla and indeed my 21st march pick up has been dropkicked to Q2. My preparedness now is just going to haunt me for another month. So guys looks like if you haven't had VINS and expecting a March delivery, you can join me in the small violin club :(

Got to modify my signature now, with a heavy heart!
Oh no :( that's not okay. Feel bad for you. I'm sure there will be cars coming up at the end of q1 in the inventory. Just keep on eye on those and do what @jmhumphreys did!

Oh no :( that's not okay. Feel bad for you. I'm sure there will be cars coming up at the end of q1 in the inventory. Just keep on eye on those and do what @jmhumphreys did!
I can't lie, it was stressful, but I got there in the end. There seem to be a few coming up on inventory that you would expect might be re-assigned to existing orders. For some reason they aren't. Mine was standard AWD/LR with no options specified, so can't believe nobody out there is waiting for one in Q1 who could have been matched 🤔

Reactions: LuckyLukeUK
Delivery date has changed on my order, but not sure if it’s good or bad.

I had a date range of May 29th - June 26th but now the date has reverted back to simply May 2022.

Should I be worried or does that mean my car may come sooner than expected?

I may have secured an M3LR after my delivery date was bumped to May/June. Spoke to a lovely chap in Glasgow where I was due to collect and there is a match available imminently in Bluewater - hoping I can tie it in with a work trip to London in 3-4 weeks if they’ll hold onto it that long. Fingers crossed!

For those who have collected recently;

What are the supplied floor mats like? Collecting M3 RWD next week and now gather mats are supplied, so may save myself a purchase. Are they the same as available from the Tesla shop?
The mats are quite thin carpet style ones. Ok for summer but not great in the winter. They are similar to the carpet front trunk mat they sell on the store - I don't believe they sell the actual interior ones that are supplied for free.

Put your hazards on and then compare with this video:

Scroll to 1min50sec

old lights on my M3LR. Don’t care so much about the reversing light, but the brake lights are quite weedy vs the new ones having the entire outside arc. I guess they light brighter for braking, as they were lit up when your lights are on too. The high level brake light is doing a lot of the heavy lifting there

Hi Guys - so re my Model Y order - the website now says "Wire Transfer Your Final Payment" in the 'Next Steps' section.
Delivery Appointment has Thursday 17 March as the detail.

Does above now mean I have a guaranteed delivery that will happen on 17th March provided I make the final payment as requested ?
Just looking for affirmation that this will happen and Tesla won't pull the rug under me once they received all the money and push my delivery date to sometime in Q2/Q3.
Thanks.

Me too, what plate did your order?
8641738A-72EF-4AA4-901F-3EB8574E6D32.jpeg

Same style as this one. This is SpawnPoint’s car (YouTube channel, recommend for Tesla content)

I was wondering if anything can explain, about the proof of payment thing.

I don't understand the need for emailing delivery proof of payment? Or taking proof of wire transfer of final payment with you to delivery?

I can see a history of payments on my tesla account, and that my balance is now 0, and it's still weeks away from collection. So won't it be clear to them that it's all paid for by the time i collect?

I was wondering if anything can explain, about the proof of payment thing.

I don't understand the need for emailing delivery proof of payment? Or taking proof of wire transfer of final payment with you to delivery?

I can see a history of payments on my tesla account, and that my balance is now 0, and it's still weeks away from collection. So won't it be clear to them that it's all paid for by the time i collect?

Yea it will be. Your account page will soon reflect no further action is needed and you won’t need to email proof. I think that’s more in case you lay closer to collection and it hasn’t cleared yet? Maybe some banks in the us can be slower?

Reactions: SGPips
Yes. It's amazing and seems like the only way to stand a chance of grabbing anything from inventory. There is a link in this thread somewhere to the Telegram thread. If I can find it again, I'll post it here. I can definitely recommend it to stay ahead of the game as it notifies you from the Web source data before it becomes publicly visible. A great trick!!!

EDIT: Here is the link Tesla UK New Inventory
love it , thanks for sharing...gives me another website to stalk ;):)

• Funny
Reactions: jmhumphreys
I have two questions prior to my collection at Birmingham NEC tomorrow...

1) Can anyone provide good instructions for finding the collection point (Hall 16 I believe)? I will be walking from Birmingham International Station, and
2) What are your recommended sleep remedies for the night before collection 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hope you ended up sleeping ok!
Good luck and enjoy pick up!

• Funny
Reactions: jmhumphreys