Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Not a great night to be honest, but can't grumble šŸ˜† On my way now. Long train journey up-country to my old stomping ground in Birmingham. I'll post photos later on. Brought collection forward to 3.30, so let's see how the day goes!
Ah brilliant, I guess sleepless night was somewhat inevitable ! :cool: Can't wait for photos... You're picking up the spec I ordered! :Dā˜ŗļø

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I have two questions prior to my collection at Birmingham NEC tomorrow...

1) Can anyone provide good instructions for finding the collection point (Hall 16 I believe)? I will be walking from Birmingham International Station, and
2) What are your recommended sleep remedies for the night before collection šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Unless itā€™s changed sine I collected mine last year, thereā€™s a bloody great tent outside the Atrium. About 10mins walk - up the escalator from the platforms and turn right as you leave the station on to the walkway into the NEC then follow signs to Hall 16/Atrium. Then another walkway - and at the end look outside for large tent.
enjoy!

Unless itā€™s changed sine I collected mine last year, thereā€™s a bloody great tent outside the Atrium. About 10mins walk - up the escalator from the platforms and turn right as you leave the station on to the walkway into the NEC then follow signs to Hall 16/Atrium. Then another walkway - and at the end look outside for large tent.
enjoy!
Thanks for that. I remember that it's a huge complex and I'm sure to get lost šŸ¤£

My EDD is 2-16 March. I have a vin but not text to arrange collection yet. I am a bit surprised as itā€™s so close. Tesla (via email) could only advise the boat was docking soon, and this was the the Composer was very near Southampton port.

any one weā€™ll have no text yet, for a collection in that date rsnge?
RWD Grey, Bristol

Thanks for that. I remember that it's a huge complex and I'm sure to get lost šŸ¤£
The easiest bit to miss is the Skywalk entrance that takes you from the Piazza to the Atrium - where Hall 16 (tent) is. See map. Youā€™ll come in at the left of the map. Walk towards Hall 4 (opposite you) then as you pass the glass garden bit on your right youā€™ll see the escalator to the Skywalk on your right. And yes, itā€™s a maze to the uninitiated!

So an answer on my M3 LR White order. Likely pushed back to Late May, but there are a few which haven't been allocated yet. (Not sure really how they mucked that up, I ordered a month ago, and the car would have needed to be on a ship by that point if they were going to fulfil march...)

I'd put down brent cross as the delivery location, but that location isn't opened yet, and the system actually put bluewater instead...

Contact info
I called them on the showroom number - when I called from a number on the order I got a "We're busy, don't call us, we'll call you" message. When I called from a different number they allowed me to join the call, and the callback function worked fine.
I get they don't want people calling to chase every 2 minutes, but I don't think it's wildly unreasonable to want to speak to someone when you're expecting an inventory order and it's pushed back...

So an answer on my M3 LR White order. Likely pushed back to Late May, but there are a few which haven't been allocated yet. (Not sure really how they mucked that up, I ordered a month ago, and the car would have needed to be on a ship by that point if they were going to fulfil march...)

I'd put down brent cross as the delivery location, but that location isn't opened yet, and the system actually put bluewater instead...

Contact info
I called them on the showroom number - when I called from a number on the order I got a "We're busy, don't call us, we'll call you" message. When I called from a different number they allowed me to join the call, and the callback function worked fine.
I get they don't want people calling to chase every 2 minutes, but I don't think it's wildly unreasonable to want to speak to someone when you're expecting an inventory order and it's pushed back...
sneaky, i hated that too also the fact you have to wait 20 minutes just to get through to someone

Reactions: rectofossa
sneaky, i hated that too also the fact you have to wait 20 minutes just to get through to someone
I don't have violent objections to 20 minutes on hold, especially if they offer a virtual queue callback service. It is that it is.
I could also understand being denylisted if I'd made daily or weekly calls to chase the status. But this is literally the first time I've called them, and I did have a legit desire to change the pickup location and 2 emails without reply from Guildford.

I don't have violent objections to 20 minutes on hold, especially if they offer a virtual queue callback service. It is that it is.
I could also understand being denylisted if I'd made daily or weekly calls to chase the status. But this is literally the first time I've called them, and I did have a legit desire to change the pickup location and 2 emails without reply from Guildford.
Chase them by email again. Did you email the central delivery team?

I was wondering if anything can explain, about the proof of payment thing.

I don't understand the need for emailing delivery proof of payment? Or taking proof of wire transfer of final payment with you to delivery?

I can see a history of payments on my tesla account, and that my balance is now 0, and it's still weeks away from collection. So won't it be clear to them that it's all paid for by the time i collect?
I emailed it as didn't see this as a huge ordeal for me. Wanted to make sure they have all they need and the processes is not interrupted/delayed by me not doing something.

Just went on chat with Tesla (Thomas) and asked for update on my order. I had text few days ago about car is on its way and that I will receive follow up text with delivery date. So I asked about VIN, if it has been assigned (I can see it already in source code) and if it is in UK already or still on ship. So Thomas confirmed that VIN has been assigned (good to have that confirmed) and that car is still in transport on ship. He didn't know name of ship as they don't get that information. So wonder how some people are able to find out ship name? I then asked when is ship due to dock in UK and again he couldn't confirm as he hasn't got that information. Only thing he said that ETA for car to arrive to service centre is 25th March but that could be delayed due to bad weather. He also said that I should be getting text in early March with delivery date. So my estimated delivery on website currently shows March 22 -March 31. So from what he said I could potentially have delivery window from 25th to 31st March.

Just went on chat with Tesla (Thomas) and asked for update on my order. I had text few days ago about car is on its way and that I will receive follow up text with delivery date. So I asked about VIN, if it has been assigned (I can see it already in source code) and if it is in UK already or still on ship. So Thomas confirmed that VIN has been assigned (good to have that confirmed) and that car is still in transport on ship. He didn't know name of ship as they don't get that information. So wonder how some people are able to find out ship name? I then asked when is ship due to dock in UK and again he couldn't confirm as he hasn't got that information. Only thing he said that ETA for car to arrive to service centre is 25th March but that could be delayed due to bad weather. He also said that I should be getting text in early March with delivery date. So my estimated delivery on website currently shows March 22 -March 31. So from what he said I could potentially have delivery window from 25th to 31st March.
The last boat that I am aware of for MARCH, and being covered by the shipping thread is GLOVIS SYMPHONY arriving in Southampton around 17th / 18th. It's highly likely that if you're UK mainland that this will be carrying your car. Can't be 100% accurate on that it's just best educated guesswork.. Unless your VIN appears on any freight inventory on the carrier database (in this case GLOVIS).

Reactions: JanF1
Chase them by email again. Did you email the central delivery team?
The order seemed to generate an automated email from the salesperson in Guildford. I emailed there.

In any case, I jumped through a few hoops and was able to call them and speak to them. Even if they block that number, I have another 3-4 I could use without much bother

I miss my local Suzuki dealer... If I needed anything I just picked up the phone... Shame they have zero EVs, just some rebadged stuff they're not overly keen on selling.

I have the exact same spec And ordered a day after you coming to trafford as well. So i am guessing I will have the same collection date as well then. Fingers crossed they move the collection a little forward.

Reactions: JanF1
I have the exact same spec And ordered a day after you coming to trafford as well. So i am guessing I will have the same collection date as well then. Fingers crossed they move the collection a little forward.
My delivery date was originally 21-31 March but changed to 17-31 and when I asked on chat if they could give me a better date they said it would likely be 29, 30 or 31 šŸ¤”

So guys, a bit of UPDATE! - i ordered the M3 RWD White/Black Aero on the 25th of Jan 2022 via leasing copmnay, original date of delivery was in March, that changed multiple times when speaking to Tesla. Today I was about to book a test drive off M3 at Milton Keynes saved my details but didnt book it. i was on the Tesla website on live chat with Thomas, who advised me that the car is likely to come in August for me to get matched (i was well disapointed) during my chat i reciveved a call from Tesla Milton Keynes, asking me if i would like to test drive the M3, I spoke to a lovely guy named Jack and asked him if they had the M3 RWD/White/Aero spec in stock anywhere to buy. he quickly searched the system and said there is one sitting and waiting to be purchased at bluewaters that is currently not assigned. I then told him I have an RN number can you kindly match me to that car, which he exactly did and asked me when would I like to pick the car up, i told him that this was an lease car and I will need to get this delivered and I asked him the car VIN number which he provided, because i was on the live chat at the same time i confirmed this with Thomas and provided him with the last 6 digit of the VIN who then confirmed that the vehicle is matched to me and that this is a "Stroke of Luck" that i have been matched to a car. I asked Thomas to provide me with the full VIN number, which he did. and advised me that i will recieve a text message from tesla in the next 7-14 workind days for delivery.

I hope that they don't unmatch me to the car now and i get the car in March. :)

Last edited: