Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So guys, a bit of UPDATE! - i ordered the M3 RWD White/Black Aero on the 25th of Jan 2022 via leasing copmnay, original date of delivery was in March, that changed multiple times when speaking to Tesla. Today I was about to book a test drive off M3 at Milton Keynes saved my details but didnt book it. i was on the Tesla website on live chat with Thomas, who advised me that the car is likely to come in August for me to get matched (i was well disapointed) during my chat i reciveved a call from Tesla Milton Keynes, asking me if i would like to test drive the M3, i spoke to a lovely guy named Jack and asked him if they had my spec in stock anywhere to buy. he quickly searched the system and said there is one sitting and waiting to be purchased at bluewaters. I then told him i have an RN number can you kindly match me to that car, which he exactly did and asked me when would i like to pick the car up, i told him that this was an lease car and i will need to get this delivered and aske dhim the car VIN which he provided, becaus ei was on the live chat at the same time i confirmed this with Thomas and provided him with the last 6 digit of the VIN who then confirmed that the vehicle is matched to me and it is a "Stroke of Luck" that this has happened. i asked Thomas for the full win who provided me with it and told me that i will recieve a text message from tesla with the next 7-14 workind days for delivery.

I hope that they don't unmatch me to the car now and i get the car in March. :)
Thomas is an absolute legend. He has helped quite a few of us here. May we need to send a collective appreciation email for him to tesla.

Thomas is an absolute legend. He has helped quite a few of us here. May we need to send a collective appreciation email for him to tesla.
Thomas orginally told me i will get the car in August as there is no cars to be matched, Jack from Milton Keynes is the absolute legend for telling me that there is a car available and he manually matched me to it. Thomas just confimred the matching and said it is an "Stroke of Luck that they matched me to a car"

Also can someone please tell me how to decode the VIN to check the spec and see if i ve got the new ryzen processor and all the other goodies.
It isn't possible to tell what processor you have from the VIN. All the new vehicles for this quarter have been fitted with it so far and it is thought that they ran out of Intel based parts sometime in December so every one from now on should be AMD based.

Reactions: Cooksmaster1
The last boat that I am aware of for MARCH, and being covered by the shipping thread is GLOVIS SYMPHONY arriving in Southampton around 17th / 18th. It's highly likely that if you're UK mainland that this will be carrying your car. Can't be 100% accurate on that it's just best educated guesswork.. Unless your VIN appears on any freight inventory on the carrier database (in this case GLOVIS).
Thanks Snowy77. Do you know where to search for freight inventory? I have VIN from source code, so just wonder how to check if it is on GLOVIS.

Reactions: Cooksmaster1
Guys, just need help... i have been assigned a car but the vin has M instead of N does that mean they assigned me a 2021 plate with older batteries?
In short : Not necessarily. Some people got December 2022 spec vehicles in January inc new battery / Ryzen heated wiper parks etc. January made vehicles got the updated VIN but, the only way to be sure is to contact a rep and have them VIN search the spec for you.

Reactions: Romario786
Update on mine:

Ordered M3, RWD, White, 18'', Black. This was on 9th December. I was told at the time 'Delivery Feb 22'. Ordered through LeaseCar and finance of that is through LEX. I was told 28th February was the expected date that the car would arrive to Tesla. Then that got updated to March 15th. Then I called Tesla last week who told me I would be looking at being matched to a car from 1st March. Just had a live chat with Thomas on the Tesla Website and he said for my RN number I am looking at May-June delivery. So a good 6-7 months from the date I ordered. Seems mad. Gutted!

I see a lot of people of here hoping for a March delivery but some get delayed to May.
Might seem like a daft question but why does no one get April as an EDD???

Quarterly manufacturing cycle​

Tesla attempt to sell all inventory every quarter and have as few cars in transit as possible. Given the geographical spread of the factories, this typically means cars destined for European/remote regions are built in the first part of a quarter and shipped to the destination and delivered to customers in the last 5 weeks of the quarter. Nearer markets to the factories have inventory built after this inventory and are shipped and delivered within a few weeks, also in the last 5 weeks of the quarter. As a result, the majority of Tesla inventory is delivered in the last 5-6 weeks of any quarter irrespective of when it was ordered.

I see a lot of people of here hoping for a March delivery but some get delayed to May.
Might seem like a daft question but why does no one get April as an EDD???
Anticipating some boats leave Shanghai around start of April, they should be the first in to start our May deliveries. Until then, it's business as usual for us as we patiently watch and wait for the British Summer Time to start, and movement in shipping lanes :)

In another bout of 'lets antagonise Snowy', my Spigen clear screen protector arrived ! It's eyeballing me from across the room on the amp, reminding me of what could have been 🤪

1645807107116.png

The wait is killin' me ! 😃

As founder of the 'small violin club', my only source of excitement sits with you guys collecting at the moment !

Joking aside, hope all went well my good sir. Looking forward to first impressions 🤩
All good my friend. Just doing the first charge on my trip home. Here are a few pictures. I'll upload some.video and more details when I get back. The smile is hurting my face already 🤣

Attachments

• 20220225_145634.jpg
    20220225_145634.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220225_145641.jpg
    20220225_145641.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 47