Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A neighbour just dropped Whatcar Car of The Year 2022 magazine through my door. I scanned the BMW i4 M50 vs. M3P comparison article.
Brilliant post @milesr3 Great read.

I think after seeing the interior of the BMW - I am still taken by the simplicity and elegance of the 3. Less is more for me, and after now getting used to the look of my future interior, everything else just feels..... cluttered. Buttons, gizmos, dials.. etc just feels too ICE to me! 😇

Reactions: gslaw2995
Just managed to get through on chat as i'm due to collect on the 16th at Bristol. It's a cash purchase and I haven't had the invoice yet, been told it will arrive 7 days before collection with the Reg number, odd way of doing business, I would have thought they would want the cash asap.

I wonder how many of the £100 orders actually get cancelled?

Update on mine:

Ordered M3, RWD, White, 18'', Black. This was on 9th December. I was told at the time 'Delivery Feb 22'. Ordered through LeaseCar and finance of that is through LEX. I was told 28th February was the expected date that the car would arrive to Tesla. Then that got updated to March 15th. Then I called Tesla last week who told me I would be looking at being matched to a car from 1st March. Just had a live chat with Thomas on the Tesla Website and he said for my RN number I am looking at May-June delivery. So a good 6-7 months from the date I ordered. Seems mad. Gutted!
It does seem a bit mad. I ordered the same spec through a lease company on January 25th and I had the text message a couple of days back to tell me my Car was on the way.

Anticipating some boats leave Shanghai around start of April, they should be the first in to start our May deliveries. Until then, it's business as usual for us as we patiently watch and wait for the British Summer Time to start, and movement in shipping lanes :)

In another bout of 'lets antagonise Snowy', my Spigen clear screen protector arrived ! It's eyeballing me from across the room on the amp, reminding me of what could have been 🤪

View attachment 773650
I ordered exactly same after you posted link to amazon and it arrived yesterday. Box was bit damaged so worried that might need to do return with Amazon but when I opened it, it was fine. Now just missing car :D

So guys, a bit of UPDATE! - i ordered the M3 RWD White/Black Aero on the 25th of Jan 2022 via leasing copmnay, original date of delivery was in March, that changed multiple times when speaking to Tesla. Today I was about to book a test drive off M3 at Milton Keynes saved my details but didnt book it. i was on the Tesla website on live chat with Thomas, who advised me that the car is likely to come in August for me to get matched (i was well disapointed) during my chat i reciveved a call from Tesla Milton Keynes, asking me if i would like to test drive the M3, I spoke to a lovely guy named Jack and asked him if they had the M3 RWD/White/Aero spec in stock anywhere to buy. he quickly searched the system and said there is one sitting and waiting to be purchased at bluewaters that is currently not assigned. I then told him I have an RN number can you kindly match me to that car, which he exactly did and asked me when would I like to pick the car up, i told him that this was an lease car and I will need to get this delivered and I asked him the car VIN number which he provided, because i was on the live chat at the same time i confirmed this with Thomas and provided him with the last 6 digit of the VIN who then confirmed that the vehicle is matched to me and that this is a "Stroke of Luck" that i have been matched to a car. I asked Thomas to provide me with the full VIN number, which he did. and advised me that i will recieve a text message from tesla in the next 7-14 workind days for delivery.

I hope that they don't unmatch me to the car now and i get the car in March. :)

There wasn’t any stumbling blocks with changing the order since it’s technically the lease provider who owns the car?

Would this be the same if it was through a company lease compared to personal do you think?

Got vin and told end of March. Listed car for sale through motorway who put a reservation of £26.6k got offered £23k well that put a spanner in the works
Try to sell it through Carwow. I had offers of top valuation on their site which was £3000 more than what Tesla trade in offered. Unfortunately I not sold it because I didn't want to be without car for 2 months. I re-listed it today and just waiting for offers. 1-2 weeks without car I can manage.

Looks like RWD 2022 models have landed in Australia

Couple of interesting things to note:

- Dual reverse lights and bigger indicator rear lights at 10:00
- The "unscientific" speed test between Atom and Ryzen chips at 13:45

Interesting. I’ve seen other rwds with the new lights too. My LR has the old lights. Not the end of the world and I kid of regret checking - the brake lights and indicators are so weedy and small

Been on to chat today to try and find out about my lease, Thomas advised that lease company need to give permission for them to speak with me. I went through a broker but it is the lease company behind them that they need the bod from. Anyone else had this? I have had updates from others before. Gone back to the broker to try and sort this in the mean time. Many thanks.

Just a standard white with black interior M3 Long range. Nothing quirky.

BUT I did have a match hold in place to allocate a car to me >15th March due to me being away on business. My vehicle should have been arriving in Southampton mid-march, but what might have happened is that too many others deferred to having a March delivery for the new plates. Likely others were in line for allocation before me and fulfilled first.

You're right, there's a better than no chance of something falling through, which may reallocate in my direction... But it's a bit of luck if it happens. Otherwise I'm good, I'm ok to wait in line. I might spoil myself with both the EAP and acceleration boost when I finally get it.. After all, it does give me TWO more pay days to hide some money away for ;)😆
One in Birmingham if you're quick.