Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my case, just had the estimated delivery on my account. No text message, or VIN assigned. Several reps said March was IT, but yesterday it all changed with revised estimated delivery. Today was just confirming the revised delay to Q2. AND the official opening of the 'small violin club'! I was hoping i'd be the only member, but sad to hear others given exclusive membership by Tesla. :(
I ordered back in November 4th 2021... I assumed that it would be impossible not to get the car by the end of March.
Now the TA is telling me that I should expect it by the end of June... because it's red...
Where do I sign up for the 'small violin club'?? 🥺

• Funny
Reactions: MoSkeeto
I ordered on 17th Januray and got RN almost immediately. I then transfered the order to ALD as advised by Tesla and signed the agreement last week.
That was quite swift! I ordered last Friday via Tesla website and received a RN immediately. Elected to pay via Business Contract Hire through ALD and have submitted a draft application. Haven't heard anything from Tesla or ALD since though.

I'm hoping for a reasonably swift delivery, my dad is battling a pretty devastating illness at the moment and we're just hoping he holds on long enough to see me take delivery. It's not his dying wish to have a ride in a Tesla, but he's a car nut and I know it would give him a massive boost if we could go cruise around the lake district for a few days, for example.

Quick question, does anyone know if the MYLR for the UK will have the hardware for Matrix lights in the future. Trying to figure out if the projector lights are the hardware and tesla will update with software at a later date to enable, or if they will only ever be the MIG versions that will get them. And ideas?

That was quite swift! I ordered last Friday via Tesla website and received a RN immediately. Elected to pay via Business Contract Hire through ALD and have submitted a draft application. Haven't heard anything from Tesla or ALD since though.

I'm hoping for a reasonably swift delivery, my dad is battling a pretty devastating illness at the moment and we're just hoping he holds on long enough to see me take delivery. It's not his dying wish to have a ride in a Tesla, but he's a car nut and I know it would give him a massive boost if we could go cruise around the lake district for a few days, for example.
yes, it was pretty quick. Fingers croosed for you and good luck! Hopefully they will come through for you. 🤞 I lost my dad last year and I know he would have loved to get a ride in the Tesla.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Quick question, does anyone know if the MYLR for the UK will have the hardware for Matrix lights in the future. Trying to figure out if the projector lights are the hardware and tesla will update with software at a later date to enable, or if they will only ever be the MIG versions that will get them. And ideas?
All teslas will have matrix lights. Just wait for the software update

That's not quite the reason. Tesla want to maximise deliveries in any quarter and a delivery only counts if the customer pays and gets the car delivered in that quarter. So there will be a huge push to deliver every car possible in the last few days of March (or June, September, December), this applies everywhere, UK, Europe, USA, China, etc. Throughout March the cars made in China will be sold mainly in China as there is time to get them into customers hands before the 31st. But in the last few days of March Tesla cannot get the newly made cars (1,000s every day) even into the hands of local customers before the 31st March cut-off point, so they start making cars for UK and Europe again and in early April these will be on the first ship from China to UK/Europe which will take around 4 weeks to arrive in early May. So no cars arrive in UK/Europe during the first month of each quarter (Berlin production will change this timing in due course). This is also why when the first ship arrives in the UK/Europe in early February there are a few cars with VINs from 2021 that were made in the last few days of December when it was no longer possible (or just too many being made each day) to deliver newly made cars to local Chinese customers.

Quarterly sales and delivery pushes are for car dealers and more importantly, most brands other than Tesla where vehicles are all 95% presold and matched within hours after production to hours after sailing of vessel transporting them and the remaining are ALL sold during the 3-4 weeks (depending on destination) sea voyage period. There are no unsold vehicles for any push to sale at the end of any quarter. The inventory cars that show up online are simply cancelled orders, remnants of delayed delivery rematches and finance refusals. Until now there have never been months with zero deliveries yet there are now for the first time no retail deliveries scheduled for several specific months and those are the months where entire production allocation has been presold to Int'l Hire Vehicle companies