Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have placed an order for a standard range RWD Model 3 via my company salary sacrifice scheme. The order was placed with Tesla around a week ago and I’ve been told I’ll get monthly updates, the first in a couple of weeks. The estimated lead time I’m being told is circa October. As I’ve ordered a generic spec I thought it might’ve been a little faster. Does anyone have similar estimates? Cheers!

Hi, I have placed an order for a standard range RWD Model 3 via my company salary sacrifice scheme. The order was placed with Tesla around a week ago and I’ve been told I’ll get monthly updates, the first in a couple of weeks. The estimated lead time I’m being told is circa October. As I’ve ordered a generic spec I thought it might’ve been a little faster. Does anyone have similar estimates? Cheers!
Your best bet is to sign up to the telegram group (link is a few pages back) and try to bag an inventory car that matches your exact spec when it comes up. Then try and get it transferred over to your lease company (maybe check with them first they are ok with this). There's a ship of new cars due in soon (today?) so could be a few available shortly.

Tesla is odd, generic mostly is longer wait times. But if you change the alloys/colour or interior it will move forward. At the moment it should be august for new orders but hopefully you might get it sooner. Their lead times are way better than bmw/vw group/hyundai and kia at the moment. I ordered a q4 last year and luckily cancelled it. The lead time is now 12-13 months

Your best bet is to sign up to the telegram group (link is a few pages back) and try to bag an inventory car that matches your exact spec when it comes up. Then try and get it transferred over to your lease company (maybe check with them first they are ok with this). There's a ship of new cars due in soon (today?) so could be a few available shortly.
Sorry Cat, any idea what page? I don’t know if it’s just Monday having an effect on me but I can’t seem to find the telegram group link!

Tesla is odd, generic mostly is longer wait times. But if you change the alloys/colour or interior it will move forward. At the moment it should be august for new orders but hopefully you might get it sooner. Their lead times are way better than bmw/vw group/hyundai and kia at the moment. I ordered a q4 last year and luckily cancelled it. The lead time is now 12-13 months
Ah, wish I had changed the colour now 😂
Definitely, I’ve got a colleague that’s just ordered a Hyundai Kona and has been told October earliest and another that’s ordered a Q4 and been told Jan 23!

I’ve yet to see the chat button pop up 😂
Quick! It's there at the moment !

1646054060354.png

Reactions: iorgosg
Hi all! A long time lurker here so thank you for keeping me going during these quiet/no update Tesla times :)

Today I received my VIN number and an EDD of 15th/31st March. I need to sell my current car but I've held off until I received an EDD but I've also read that this can change quickly.

As I've now got a VIN would it be safe to say that I've definitely been allocated a car now that's on one of the ships due to arrive soon? What do you think?

Thanks, Phil

Reactions: Snowy77
Hi all! A long time lurker here so thank you for keeping me going during these quiet/no update Tesla times :)

Today I received my VIN number and an EDD of 15th/31st March. I need to sell my current car but I've held off until I received an EDD but I've also read that this can change quickly.

As I've now got a VIN would it be safe to say that I've definitely been allocated a car now that's on one of the ships due to arrive soon? What do you think?

Thanks, Phil
LUCKY nice one!!! that car is assigned to you now. The only person that can stop you getting it is you (reject / cancel) 😎

You'll get a delivery confirmation soon(ish)™